• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

What about the yellow brakes?

The Brembos on mine aren't too bad but dust means stopping power.
Its the brembos ivvgot on mine now I dint no if the red yellow or green pads were any less dusty as I could spend all weekend cleaning the crevices out on mine

Replaced osf brake flex hose, this proved a bit of a chore, coaxing separation of the rigid line from the flexi without damage, then bled brakes. While in the front wheel area replaced drop links with adjustable ones. Set to the length of standard links for now, and once i've time to fit the poly arb bushes will try a tweak up and down.
Body roll was massively reduced when i fitted the air bag assisters a few years ago, but there may be room for some fine tuning ?
Robertn

Replaced osf brake flex hose, this proved a bit of a chore, coaxing separation of the rigid line from the flexi without damage, then bled brakes. While in the front wheel area replaced drop links with adjustable ones. Set to the length of standard links for now, and once i've time to fit the poly arb bushes will try a tweak up and down.
Body roll was massively reduced when i fitted the air bag assisters a few years ago, but there may be room for some fine tuning ?
Robertn
Have you checked your rear shocks out

Gave her a quick wash, thought it would be wise to run a torque wrench around wheels (had new tyres fitted a few weeks ago) found 3 nuts not up to torque. Placed my first little order with @BMR looking forward to seeing his packing for myself.

Gave her a quick wash, thought it would be wise to run a torque wrench around wheels (had new tyres fitted a few weeks ago) found 3 nuts not up to torque. Placed my first little order with @BMR looking forward to seeing his packing for myself.
So you checked your nuts and gave them a squeeze........

I know I shouldn't, but I have booked the first two winter checks for Ed just for the heck of it, then i'll book another for mid Jan just to get different opinions.

Last edited:
Hi Kenzie, no sogginess, rear end settles straight away, just the occasional flutter as the rear drifts out a touch, maybe a little too much throttle on exiting the bends.
Robertn

Hi Kenzie, no sogginess, rear end settles straight away, just the occasional flutter as the rear drifts out a touch, maybe a little too much throttle on exiting the bends.
Robertn
Just thought I'd check dint know mibecwas that bad till I swapped them

Added gas struts (900n) from SGS. The difference in opening height is amazing. Not tested it with my bike rack on yet though.

Really impressed with the customer service from SGS and for £66 delivered would highly recommend.

Also tested my fuel lagoon thermal window covers. I’ll do anything to avoid watching ManU at the moment!!

Added gas struts (900n) from SGS. The difference in opening height is amazing. Not tested it with my bike rack on yet though.

Really impressed with the customer service from SGS and for £66 delivered would highly recommend.

Also tested my fuel lagoon thermal window covers. I’ll do anything to avoid watching ManU at the moment!!
You'll notice the difference when shutting the lid, its like a mini work out.

Back