• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Last edited:
If only we could find a way to inject some of that plasma into the bloodstream and kill the virus that way..

Just thought I'd check dint know mibecwas that bad till I swapped them
New shocks ordered.
Am now adjusting arb droplinks, or should i say link.
With my equivalent weight in the drivers position, swmbo, close enough anyway, tyre pressure equalised on level ground, found 8mm drop on os compared to ns. Adjusted ns droplink half that, so 4mm to level up, left ns at standard for now.
Will drive over the w/e and feel for any changes.
Robertn

Got a way for my first overnighter in my E51.
When I got back, first did a headlight restoration then gave it a good scrub after a 500km trip :D

Attachments

• 20201128_080709.jpg
    20201128_080709.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201201_102421.jpg
    20201201_102421.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201201_115401.jpg
    20201201_115401.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201201_143425.jpg
    20201201_143425.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201201_143441.jpg
    20201201_143441.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 12
New shocks ordered.
Am now adjusting arb droplinks, or should i say link.
With my equivalent weight in the drivers position, swmbo, close enough anyway, tyre pressure equalised on level ground, found 8mm drop on os compared to ns. Adjusted ns droplink half that, so 4mm to level up, left ns at standard for now.
Will drive over the w/e and feel for any changes.
Robertn
The never ending list of tinkering jobs that take 5 minutes but never actually end lol

Today the new centre silencer went on 😁 now the sound matches the engine size! I love it and just want to keep driving around lol

I also fit the 3d printed boot strut spacers and feel it made more a difference than the SGS struts, 60p of plastic vs £60 of gas struts. I still don't fit under the very end though 😢 but very happy with where it is now.

IMG_20201201_185304.jpg

IMG_20201201_185350.jpg

Business opportunity....
Maybe. I need to reprint in a more heat resistant plastic such as PETG which has a glass temp of around 80 Celsius (before it bend/warps). Don't want them failing in the summer sun lol currently printed in PLA and they'll go a little flexible at around 45 to 50 Celsius so not good for summer use currently.

Mainly I think they just need to bed in and be tested for a wee while. The boot doors are bloody heavy, but thankfully the spacer is printed in such a way it will resist compression.

Today the new centre silencer went on 😁 now the sound matches the engine size! I love it and just want to keep driving around lol

I also fit the 3d printed boot strut spacers and feel it made more a difference than the SGS struts, 60p of plastic vs £60 of gas struts. I still don't fit under the very end though 😢 but very happy with where it is now.

View attachment 45095

View attachment 45096
Great work!

I’m guessing you’re well over 6ft tall if you’re still having clearance issues?

I want to buy some of those spacers @John757 !

I was also a bit disappointed with the SGS struts, they needed pushing up the last bit and they weren’t any higher than my standard struts.

Screenshot_20201201-211412_Gallery.jpg
What's the thing in the red box mean?
Had radar cruise control of it helps.

Back