• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Looks like the radar is on

I want to buy some of those spacers @John757 !

I was also a bit disappointed with the SGS struts, they needed pushing up the last bit and they weren’t any higher than my standard struts.
I'll keep you in mind, let me reprint in a different material and test for a few weeks. Once I'm happy there's going to be no issues I'll let you know 👍

Looks like the radar is on
It's on 'on' position with engine not running.
Cruising at 188km/h 🤣

Just thought. I guess lights up just like all, most other lights, the other lights when ign on.

Are there colour options?
If you mean for the brackets, yeah, pretty much any colour can be done. More ideal if there are multiple people wanting the same colour though as a 1 kg roll of filament is around 20 coins, so we'd need to be able to print other stuff with it.

6'4" it's a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I could easily hold the boot open. A curse because I still bump my head 😢 lol
Must make a mental note to not open the boot next time I’m wearing heels!

I want to buy some of those spacers @John757 !

I was also a bit disappointed with the SGS struts, they needed pushing up the last bit and they weren’t any higher than my standard struts.
That’s a strange one. When I temporarily put my original ones back on whilst waiting for the SGS’s re-gassed to 1000N, the height was much lower, seemed almost a foot lower! I really needed to bend down to get my head under the boot.

I have to say I’m very pleased with 1000N, they open fully by themselves. Require a little extra force to close but that’s expected.

Are there colour options?
I'm assuming you would want white
If you mean for the brackets, yeah, pretty much any colour can be done. More ideal if there are multiple people wanting the same colour though as a 1 kg roll of filament is around 20 coins, so we'd need to be able to print other stuff with it.
I recon they would sell like hot cakes

That’s a strange one. When I temporarily put my original ones back on whilst waiting for the SGS’s re-gassed to 1000N, the height was much lower, seemed almost a foot lower! I really needed to bend down to get my head under the boot.

I have to say I’m very pleased with 1000N, they open fully by themselves. Require a little extra force to close but that’s expected.

It is strange yeah, they seem the same length as the original. I actually measured the height and removed the SGS and installed the originals and they were almost 1 inch higher!?

I'll keep you in mind, let me reprint in a different material and test for a few weeks. Once I'm happy there's going to be no issues I'll let you know 👍

Great cheers, I was looking to make a spacer out of some scrap metal or even washers to test it but I like the idea of a 3D printed spacer.

I also fit the 3d printed boot strut spacers and feel it made more a difference than the SGS struts, 60p of plastic vs £60 of gas struts. I still don't fit under the very end though 😢 but very happy with where it is now.
Great idea - I'm 6'5" so will be doing that nice little mod! 👍👍

Just replaced the boot light with an LED one. When I first got the van, I was messing around inside with the chairs etc and found the boot light. I tried flicking it on and off, nothing. So I ordered a new light for the grand sum of £2.49. Then I remembered the boot wasn't open at the time, so obviously wouldn't work 🤦‍♂️ doh.

Anyway, before and after pics. Should have moved the chairs forward first for a better comparison. LED to the eye is much brighter and the spread of light also much better.

IMG_20201202_183046.jpg

IMG_20201202_183340.jpg

The best bit was leaving the engine running whilst doing it and listening to @Elementian 18" Centre silencer rumble gently 😍

Ooh! Tell us more.
And photos too!! 👍
yes tell us more private/dealer colour s1.3.3 model all the usual :cool:
So it's an S3 NE51 Highway Star in silver, black leather edition. 2008, 45k miles on the clock.

We actually went through an agent and bought from the auction in Japan. Just have to wait for a space on a boat xD.

Lots of plans though, new wheels, new pipes, lpg conversion....perhaps a quick spritz of the headlights. Can see where my cash is going for the foreseeable!

Hope the links work!

Back