• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Dropped the bacl end of the NSF arm and regreased the polybush, it was creaking. Discovered in the process that the front one has less integrity than a politician. I've got new polybushes for said pivot point in the garage, I just need to weigh up sanity vs. bank account now to see if I set to in situ with a gas torch and hacksaw, or pay a man with a ramp.

Taking from your experience i'll go for a replacement pair, if they are original, they've been in for 20years so maybe should have gone for them years ago.
I knew mine wernt the best but put it down to being 18 years old and being heavy so it was going to be bouncy all my other cars have been with 7 or more seats unless they had rear leaf springs so just felt normal but it feels so much more responsive now

MOT prep today on some of the new arrivals...
Usually I replace the driver side reversing bulb with a red LED, wired for the rear Fog Light as required to pass the test.

However that reduces the reversing lighting by 50% which isn’t great to start with and I sometimes get calls from new owners complaining that the reversing bulb doesn’t work...

so I bought some dual reverse/fog bulbs on Ali Express... they were £26 on a 2 for one offer... I thought that meant two bulbs, but in actual fact is was 2 packs of 2 bulbs, so even after tax, a lower price per bulb than the red LEDs I usually buy.

Despite ordering them to come with t10 caps, they arrived with t20’s on, but apart from that they were easy enough to fit. I have some spare t10 caps so I soldered on.

They plug into the existing reversing light socket on the loom and there is an additional red wire that you connect to the fog light switch.

The result was a super bright reversing light and a bright, if a bit pink, fog light. It looks whiter in the photo than with the naked eye... let’s see what the MOT tester thinks...
B1085698-2834-4E9E-94A7-2C2A1139B972.jpeg
C677C094-7053-4D65-B81E-47B219B538A9.jpeg
B9FB76BD-9D52-4D09-98F0-279C5755F58D.jpeg

Out of interest which bits of trim did you remove and how as I don't want to break any retaining clips, one light is in the cable passed through to the other side as I want to go down the drivers side and power the lights from the original boot light but am stuck, photo of trim I want to remove but I don't want to just hack at it.

YAOKfiK.png

Sorry, only just seen this. I just took the central piece around the 3rd brake light out (2 screws under covers, a plastic stud and some hidden pull clips) then the piece you’ve circled (just hidden pull clips). Then by taping the wire to a stick was able to poke it through the tailgate so no need to remove anything else.

Hope that helps!

Sorry, only just seen this. I just took the central piece around the 3rd brake light out (2 screws under covers, a plastic stud and some hidden pull clips) then the piece you’ve circled (just hidden pull clips). Then by taping the wire to a stick was able to poke it through the tailgate so no need to remove anything else.

Hope that helps!
Managed to work it out in the end so all in and working.

Well I have not done anything today (depends on the post) but as this is my 12th week on the forum here are my observations on the Twelve Weeks of Forum:
On the first week of Forum the OC gave to me, An Elgrand MPV,
On the second week of Forum the OC gave to me, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV
On the third week of Forum the OC gave to me, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring. And an Elgrand MPV,
On the fourth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the fifth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring,
And an Elgrand MPV,

On the sixth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains,
Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the seventh week of Forum the OC gave to me, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished,
Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV

On the eighth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Eight social areas posting, Seven E50 models, six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing,
Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the ninth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting,
Five tyres need changing Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the tenth week of Forum the OC gave to me, 10 newbie postings,, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels referbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring. And an Elgrand MPV,

On the eleventh week of Forum the OC gave to me, Eleventh heaven owners, 10 newbie postings, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas,
Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV

On the twelfth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Twelve Regional chats, Eleventh heaven owners,10 newbie postings, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV.

It's been fun, enlightening and dare I say costly, but after all they are our muse, lastly buy a calendar FFS.

Well I have not done anything today (depends on the post) but as this is my 12th week on the forum here are my observations on the Twelve Weeks of Forum:
On the first week of Forum the OC gave to me, An Elgrand MPV,
On the second week of Forum the OC gave to me, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV
On the third week of Forum the OC gave to me, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring. And an Elgrand MPV,
On the fourth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the fifth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring,
And an Elgrand MPV,

On the sixth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains,
Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the seventh week of Forum the OC gave to me, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished,
Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV

On the eighth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Eight social areas posting, Seven E50 models, six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing,
Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the ninth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting,
Five tyres need changing Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV,

On the tenth week of Forum the OC gave to me, 10 newbie postings,, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels referbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring. And an Elgrand MPV,

On the eleventh week of Forum the OC gave to me, Eleventh heaven owners, 10 newbie postings, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas,
Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV

On the twelfth week of Forum the OC gave to me, Twelve Regional chats, Eleventh heaven owners,10 newbie postings, Nine years (E51) production, Eight social areas, Seven E50 models, Six spark plugs fitting, Five tyres need changing, Four wheels refurbished, Three sets of curtains, Two CATS de-coring, And an Elgrand MPV.

It's been fun, enlightening and dare I say costly, but after all they are our muse, lastly buy a calendar FFS.
Love that 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Is there a significant advantage to having one of these fitted?
Bit early to say Stempy, but I thought it would give a newer 'Factory' experience, this is from a 2017 Nissan.
I may have gone off at a tangent project wise, but that is what I do! 😂🤣

Tidied up some av junk in a new arrival today... the factory inverter had been used to power a mains powered blue-ray player, what I thought was a heated travel coffee mug which is actually an ion filter and a full hd Kenwood dash cam still stuck to the screen, complete with its box, setup cd and instructions. It’s 19,800 price tag was still on the box ( approx £140 ).
4C2C96E0-AAC0-4F53-A4ED-3BB63D8D6847.jpeg
I put a U.K. plug on the blue-ray player and it works a treat!

Tidied up some av junk in a new arrival today... the factory inverter had been used to power a mains powered blue-ray player, what I thought was a heated travel coffee mug which is actually an ion filter and a full hd Kenwood dash cam still stuck to the screen, complete with its box, setup cd and instructions. It’s 19,800 price tag was still on the box ( approx £140 ).
View attachment 45080
I put a U.K. plug on the blue-ray player and it works a treat!
The Sharp ‘plasmacluster’ ion filter kills viruses! ...and plugs into the cig lighter socket... any ‘Preppers’ interested? £50 posted...
image.jpg

Back