• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What would you like to see from this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
ten posts is easy peasy just say hello or a little about what Elgrand you want such as highwaystar/ rider twin sunroof even colour you will get better responces without much effort
Thanks I take your and Simon58's points, of course I can (and enevitably will) but my point is they needlessly add to the clutter which distract from the good questions and facts the members are here for.

We have members on here who have or still are members of other clubs and every one of them i would say , think this club including its £12 premium membership is way ahead of any other club . I for one would happily pay more just for the friendships I've made and the untold amount of info whether just hints or full blown how to's. 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s ( there stars).

Hey, another newb sticking their oar in, seems an odd one for my first post. Difficult to absorb everything everyone has posted so excuse anything I'm repeating.

The 10 questions is a pain for me. I've got nothing to comment on yet! I'm just trying to absorb as much information. I'm in the same situation as another commenter, I've not bought an Elgrand yet. £12 is a lot if you've not decided which brand to go with. Just seems steep and no one wants me saying "hi" ten times to get past the post (no pun intended). It'll just be more dross for others to wade through.

Could the 10 post rule be swapped for something like - you can see/read all the post but not be able to post for a week/month or limited to, perhaps, 2 post for 2 weeks?

If the £12 could be seen to be justified in some way e.g. better searching or something. Don't know what it's for but kind of feels like I'm just lining someone'd pockets (or at least paying their fuel bills!).

Also, it kind of exists already but some more comprehensive bibles that, existing, long term 'expert' members, put together for newbie to read. If the comments are lock it means there is less to trawl through. Sometimes wading through peoples opinions to get to the facts is really hard. I almost need to go to Elgrand school before I ask any questions (perhaps set some questions and make people pass an Elgrand Exam first)

Sorry kind of sounds negative, ultimately I'm really impressed to the level of input and knowledge on here (especially compared to a rival cars forum where nothing gets answered!). I'm very excited to get a vehicle and get on the road after dreaming about it for years.
Just something else I thought, it may happen already, but can the forum admins perhaps go through the older posts key posts to clean them up removing the more personal or 'non pertinent' messages?

the-wire-season-1-6-the-wire-tapped-phones-review-episode-guide-list.jpg

Just to make it easier to get to the good info and lose the chit chat when it's after a certain age.

(Is it egotistical to quote yourself?)

We have members on here who have or still are members of other clubs and every one of them i would say , think this club including its £12 premium membership is way ahead of any other club . I for one would happily pay more just for the friendships I've made and the untold amount of info whether just hints or full blown how to's. 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s ( there stars).
I 100% agree Simon! 👍

See I didn't realise there were any perks, can't see any listed anywhere
Plus, as a premium member, you can also upload photos directly, which is a huge advantage if you're trying to diagnose an issue or want advice on a setting, upgrade etc :)

What would you the members like to see from us the admin team do to this forum to make it a better user experience.

This is your chance to have your say and push the forum in the direction that you the user would like to see.

Please no banter in here we want open honest answers so we can improve the user experience.

Admin team will be actively monitoring this thread.
Hi , I do not know if my debut post was even posted ! as when I search POSTS it says 0 ( as in none ) .

Hi , I do not know if my debut post was even posted ! as when I search POSTS it says 0 ( as in none ) .
I believe your debut post was actually a profile post, and these do not count in the post count.
Now you are a premium member (thanks for supporting the club 👍🏼) the post count is irrelevant, as you can access the whole forum anyway.

My twopennorth for what it’s worth...
Keep the ten post rule. I know it can be a pain sifting through the “hello” and “thank you for saying hello back” threads, but at least it’s folk making an effort to join in.

Definitely make some sticky’s for commonly asked questions - Stempy’s buyers guide for example, and LPGC’s decat for another. Both excellent and well worth leading newbies to.

Leave the threads as they are. It’s alright wanting to remove irrelevant or boring posts but, if you must allow it, let the OP know who’s done it. Might start some animosity but at least you’ll know who’s an arse and give you the chance to return the favour🤣.

Its a great forum and it’s full of helpful , friendly souls who go out of their way to be helpful. Just bear in mind that the admin and co have lives. They aren’t nailed to a computer 24/7 - indeed they may even have LIVES! Thanks for all you do guys, just keep on keeping on 👍
Where can I find the buyers guide that you mention please? I have been looking for a while and have no idea where it is

People ask questions about information already available and I'm not sure if they've not read/searched threads or if they've been put off and confused when the thread has become overrun with loads of pages of discussion weakening the initial information presented. The original cats one is now 38 pages and Robs one about the options is getting chat on it.

The FAQs is useful but maybe have a review of the FAQs/Technical sections and create a locked thread with assorted information for common newbie questions so they can read it on a condensed fashion in one place - I'm thinking along the lines of creating posts in the thread about certain subjects and then just add quotes rather than trying to re-write anything.

Cats is the obvious one and ICE seems to get a lot of already answered questions, not sure how you would tackle suspension and the will these wheels fit type enquires. It maybe that we need a locked thread in some of the technical sub-sections, so for example for ICE, maybe one which details what you need to do for the different series. Air con leak is another example.

If further information can be added I'd suggest the user makes a new thread as usual with their information in the relevant forum section and requests admin to add the information to the sticky thread so it could be reviewed and deemed useful or not.

I'd be happy to put together a list of informative posts in various topics for you to review as a starting point.
On this note perhaps the key ones...CATS etc. we prune them down to just info the lock from comments?

Keep salient info and gets rid of arguments etc., if there's discussion people can add link toi the main post in new chat?

Personally I think it all works quite well. If pressed, I would say I don’t see any value in the WTF section - isn’t this kind of ranting what Facebook was built for :) but hey, if it works for some...

Yep FB sux 😁

The forum is a community and there's always a social element, and that's a positive. I agree that if the social and pointy end parts were all a big jumble, that'd be a problem. But I think they're pretty well separated.

Traders doing Black Friday deals like 50% off so on and so forth............

Without doubling the prices first.........

search search search! the information here is priceless... when you can find it!

What would you the members like to see from us the admin team do to this forum to make it a better user experience.

This is your chance to have your say and push the forum in the direction that you the user would like to see.

Please no banter in here we want open honest answers so we can improve the user experience.

Admin team will be actively monitoring this thread.i

Admin team will be actively monitoring this thread.
I would like to see a section of recommendations when looking at replacing parts, body kit replacements and general guide to who where what. As we all know can be tricky and delayed if coming from Japan etc, a real good guide to helping us all fix, modify whatever we want to do in one click. The knowledge is out there and instead of waiting, preying for a response let's help each other out at the end of the day we all have the same interest. You wanted honesty and sometimes when reading through this forum it's like sitting next to my wife reading instagram. At the end of the day each to there own, if your making someone happy then it's a good thing but not my cup of tea just my opinion

There's already a tech section which has the answers to questions that haven't even been asked. When you have made 10 posts you will have full access.

Ok thank you for the quick response, maybe that's why regarding posts. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back