• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What would you like to see from this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with the technical side of things, you either go Wiki or you restrict write access to designated experts. With the established factual stuff, I personally think it would be best to go the latter route. Have a handful of people who really know what they're talking about manage and curate this part of the forum - it would be the authoritative source of technical information. There could be separate discussion channels where anyone can add things they've discovered or know and, if this is verified, the experts can add it to the existing material. Any material could also be challenged in discussion channels.

I know this seems like a lot of work to set up, but I'd be happy to create a proposal to demonstrate how it would work. I'd also be happy to read through existing technical posts and collate the jumble of information into discrete topics. I think if we had volunteers willing to do this, they could be assigned different topics and the task wouldn't be that onerous.

Personally for me like the forum as it is. Other members posts have really helped with increasing my knowledge about owning an Elgrand and I hope some of my limited posts have in some way helped.

The "banter" created, like others have suggested, makes the club unique and whilst all of it isn't necessarily appropriate it does serve as an outlet for members in these challenging times.

It’s about building a community, not raising revenue. Saying “hello” in a post is easy and, because we’re a welcoming bunch of loons, there’ll be a load who say “hello” back. Thank each of them and you’ll have your 10 posts in - and that’ll open ALL the forum without you having to pay anything at all. Those of us who’ve paid did so because we felt it was worth it, not because we were forced into it.
Thanks

It’s about building a community, not raising revenue. Saying “hello” in a post is easy and, because we’re a welcoming bunch of loons, there’ll be a load who say “hello” back. Thank each of them and you’ll have your 10 posts in - and that’ll open ALL the forum without you having to pay anything at all. Those of us who’ve paid did so because we felt it was worth it, not because we were forced into it.
Thanks Buddy 👍

The search could do with a tweek possibly, I agree with the 10 posts or similar and if you don't want to contribute financially to the club then just post 10 times . Also getting feed up with Facebook, only joined to see Elgrandoc market place but getting same questions asked time and again. Its as if they don't know or can't be bothered to look on the forum. Rant over. 😎👍

Probably a huge cost involved but hosting images or Instagram image linking would help.

I have been driving 50 plus years and know more about my Elgrand than all the many cars and motorcycles I have owned put together. Forgot to add only because of this forum.

Last edited:
I feel that the forum needs little to improve it, maybe a small adjustment to the search function.
It is extremely useful for information from fellow members particularly for those with little technical skills, such as myself.👌👍

Probably a huge cost involved but hosting images or Instagram image linking would help.
The forum does directly host images, it's one of the benefits of being a premium member. Otherwise you can add a link to an album etc hosted elsewhere.

Search search search!

honestly finding stuff on here with the current functionality is a headache, it finds individual words rather than any sort of contextual search so it’s a needle in a haystack situation.

A decent search integration would absolutely transform this place!

An easy way to add/ post pictures.
Understand uploading pics directly here will mean larger storage required but hosting elsewhere then linking is bit long winded for lazy me.
Prevents me from sharing relevant pics.

like a lot of members I think the search could do with improvement

I think the search works quite well.
(why do I always go against the flow FFS!)
Basically you can't police what is posted or control the terminology or spelling.
So your search terms need to reflect this, you often need to think outside the box (search box.... see what I done there?)
For instance if you are looking for info on the 'keyfob battery replacement' then search for that and/or 'key fob' and/or 'batteries' and/or 'problem' and/or ignition and/or ....
You get the picture.
Treat it like a Google search and you will be ok.
Improvement I would like to see is a search done on headings first followed by posts with the most number of likes.
This would improve things for sure.
Currently it is only the last posted x200 word matches that are shown when the best info was often years ago.

What if we included #hashtags in future thread titles and posts? It wouldn't help find posts from the past but would help finding those yet to be written.

I must admit the search function isn't the best.

Premium members can host images directly on the site and you can embed images from other platforms like Instagram on both normal and premium accounts.

What if we included #hashtags in future thread titles and posts? It wouldn't help find posts from the past but would help finding those yet to be written.
We have these, however people don't always tag the right things or spelling can be off which causes issues as you end up with it not working as intended

One area of contention I have noticed is the nervousness around posting negative comments about dealers and traders. Whilst clearly we don't want people posting untruths, its also extremely valuable for members to share their experiences both good and bad. I also feel that the risk of any actual damage to the forum due to the threat of legal action is negligible - anyone can 'threaten' legal action, doesn't mean it will either happen or be successful.
Having said that, would it be possible to have a reviews and recommendations section accessible only to paid up members? This would make it a private area rather than public so would not be subject to the same legal constraints, would be less open to spurious or malicious posts, and would preserve the value of members being able to share their experiences. It would also provide added value to those member's paying the (very modest) subscription.

Last edited:
We have these, however people don't always tag the right things or spelling can be off which causes issues as you end up with it not working as intended
Sp how do you embed an image from Instagram? Couldn't get it to work.

Sp how do you embed an image from Instagram? Couldn't get it to work.
Click the 3 little dots at the top of your post and click share post. Copy to clipboard. Then paste it to the thread
Dang 😍🔥
#elgrand_fabulous #Elgrand #elgrande50 #nissanelgrand #elgrandfabulous #fabulousbodykits #fabulous #fabulousjapan #bodykit #blackandgold #vanlife #lowdownvans #jdm #jdmvans #builtnotbought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back