• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What would you like to see from this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm sure it used to show the pics on the thread rather having to click on the link 🤔

To put my 2 pence worth in I think on the whole it works well. With regards the search you have to use the correct words to get the search to find any comments and no search facility is going to be 100% correct when the same item is known by 2 sets of words like "anti roll bar link" or "drop link" as an example. As a few others have said dont change a lot all at once, some people get used to how things look and act and can cope with 1 or 2 things changed but get demotivated if they have to think too much.
I am in favour of the 10 post rule to feed people into the forum and i dont think owners have too much trouble posting 10 posts on the whole.

Last edited:
The search isn't great but upgrade paths might be limited or cost prohibitive, depends on the forum software I guess. Other than that it's perfect as far as I can see. To everyone who puts their time and effort into keeping this place the fantastic resource that it is, thank you, you rock.

I am brand new to the forum and this is my first post. So far I have found it very interesting. I will be able to give more feedback when I have used it a bit more but I would say that as a newby I am a little daunted about having to make 10 posts before getting full access.....(9 more to go?)

It's not hard to get to 10 posts. Just say hello to a few people a few times on the newbie threads. Easy to do and you aren't spamming. I think your access to the technical areas goes through overnight anyway. It's worth the effort and wait, trust me :D I'm relatively new here myself. There is a tonne of useful info here and also lots of friendly regulars.

@Davido Introduce yourself on a separate post ,( Newbie checking in)

tell us about yourself , what Elgrand you have etc... Thank the welcomes , welcome others & you will soon hit 10 posts -
... Welcome BTW 🙂

Last edited:
It’s more what I don’t want see , forum is great as it is , yes search is pretty bad , but why change forum if it isn’t bad , all change is not always better , as has been proved with many clubs , it’s a car club so me personally I like seeing car stuff , i try to keep out of a lot of the chat ( don’t succeed often) cus I don’t want to see some of the topics or some of the members going on like Facebook bollocks , if you want to change , change to what , more like Facebook, Twitter or what other plastic site , was a lot of Elgrand Facebook forums fold , im a dinosaur , yes I don’t do a lot online , but change the club and u might scare more members away than attract , always a high number of new members , but how many stay and for how long ,

One more for the search improvement.

Hey, another newb sticking their oar in, seems an odd one for my first post. Difficult to absorb everything everyone has posted so excuse anything I'm repeating.

The 10 questions is a pain for me. I've got nothing to comment on yet! I'm just trying to absorb as much information. I'm in the same situation as another commenter, I've not bought an Elgrand yet. £12 is a lot if you've not decided which brand to go with. Just seems steep and no one wants me saying "hi" ten times to get past the post (no pun intended). It'll just be more dross for others to wade through.

Could the 10 post rule be swapped for something like - you can see/read all the post but not be able to post for a week/month or limited to, perhaps, 2 post for 2 weeks?

If the £12 could be seen to be justified in some way e.g. better searching or something. Don't know what it's for but kind of feels like I'm just lining someone'd pockets (or at least paying their fuel bills!).

Also, it kind of exists already but some more comprehensive bibles that, existing, long term 'expert' members, put together for newbie to read. If the comments are lock it means there is less to trawl through. Sometimes wading through peoples opinions to get to the facts is really hard. I almost need to go to Elgrand school before I ask any questions (perhaps set some questions and make people pass an Elgrand Exam first)

Sorry kind of sounds negative, ultimately I'm really impressed to the level of input and knowledge on here (especially compared to a rival cars forum where nothing gets answered!). I'm very excited to get a vehicle and get on the road after dreaming about it for years.

Hey, another newb sticking their oar in, seems an odd one for my first post. Difficult to absorb everything everyone has posted so excuse anything I'm repeating.

The 10 questions is a pain for me. I've got nothing to comment on yet! I'm just trying to absorb as much information. I'm in the same situation as another commenter, I've not bought an Elgrand yet. £12 is a lot if you've not decided which brand to go with. Just seems steep and no one wants me saying "hi" ten times to get past the post (no pun intended). It'll just be more dross for others to wade through.

Could the 10 post rule be swapped for something like - you can see/read all the post but not be able to post for a week/month or limited to, perhaps, 2 post for 2 weeks?

If the £12 could be seen to be justified in some way e.g. better searching or something. Don't know what it's for but kind of feels like I'm just lining someone'd pockets (or at least paying their fuel bills!).

Also, it kind of exists already but some more comprehensive bibles that, existing, long term 'expert' members, put together for newbie to read. If the comments are lock it means there is less to trawl through. Sometimes wading through peoples opinions to get to the facts is really hard. I almost need to go to Elgrand school before I ask any questions (perhaps set some questions and make people pass an Elgrand Exam first)

Sorry kind of sounds negative, ultimately I'm really impressed to the level of input and knowledge on here (especially compared to a rival cars forum where nothing gets answered!). I'm very excited to get a vehicle and get on the road after dreaming about it for years.
I bought some spare parts recently and saved £16 through club discount. So I'm £4 in profit.

Just say hello to 10 newbies or comment on 10 posts and your into the rest of the forum if you don't want to pay the £12 as easy as that .

ten posts is easy peasy just say hello or a little about what Elgrand you want such as highwaystar/ rider twin sunroof even colour you will get better responces without much effort

There is an option of a one month trial for £3 if you want to see what you're getting for going premium, without the full £12. Instant access to all the tech info for less than a pint of beer. 👍🏼

Good points raised, and yes keeping the relevant info seperate from all the chatter is one of the things we're looking into more.

Oh and just to clarify, none of the club staff profit from the premium members payments. It all goes back into the club, for hosting this site, show equipment, and competition prizes etc.

I bought some spare parts recently and saved £16 through club discount. So I'm £4 in profit.
See I didn't realise there were any perks, can't see any listed anywhere

There is an option of a one month trial for £3 if you want to see what you're getting for going premium, without the full £12. Instant access to all the tech info for less than a pint of beer. 👍🏼

Good points raised, and yes keeping the relevant info seperate from all the chatter is one of the things we're looking into more.

Oh and just to clarify, none of the club staff profit from the premium members payments. It all goes back into the club, for hosting this site, show equipment, and competition prizes etc.
Yeah, but I really like beer!

Thanks for clearing up about where the premium goes, makes sense that it's more transparent just wasn't clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back