• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What would you like to see from this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can "unfollow" people by clicking on their name and select ignore. Not sure what this does as I've never done it although there have been one or two I've thought about recently 😗

Last edited:
I've only been using the forum for a few months and I would say most members are very helpful but that's the good news.
Searching for technical issues is like looking for a needle in a haystack and if you do find something vaguely close to what your looking for it goes of key very quickly. To be totally honest I guess elgrandoc was set up by traders with trading in mind. As for the £12 fee I gladly pay that and more for selling several thousand pound vehicals here.

For me the forum is very good as new you still finding out about my van it helps need to ask questions and get a reply so it works for me

When you go into a particular section you can filter results by a few parameters including username. I used it the other day to find one of my threads in the for sale section and mark it as sold. I was thinking if you could search in particular sections a bit like the filter it could help finding relevant content with common place search terms.

Searching for technical issues is like looking for a needle in a haystack and if you do find something vaguely close to what your looking for it goes of key very quickly.
I've spent, all up, several hours just trawling through the technical sections, clicking on any title I thought looked interesting, and reading the thread. I learnt a LOT that way. If I found anything useful, I 'watched' the thread.

Cow still needs to be stunned, slaughtered if Halal throat slit so the blood is drained from the body by being hung up by its hind legs, then chopped up in to bits, packaged and sent to the supermarket to be sold on.
What? Are you sure??? 😲

So I found this link to change clock in my Elgrand e51.
found this. And had to sign up to see info.
bit anoyimg!?
So logged in and now it wants me to post 10x
Or pay 3 pounds ?!
so now I am annoyed amd disappointed.
wasting my time for nothing ?

10 posts is no big deal. 15 minutes max to open up the biggest Elgrand resource on the world is worth a little effort.

A nice introduction an a few friendly interactions with current members on other threads and you'll be sailing.

Last edited:
Strange site. What am I to post.
It would have been nice to say.
Thanks for the info on clock setting !
Otherwise I don’t have anything useful to say yet.

If you don't fancy contributing to the site socially and hitting 10 posts, you are more than welcome to pay £12 for premium membership which will open up all of the help and information you may require now and for the remaining 12 months! 👍

Hi @david.paxton , worth the small effort to add a little info , it’s a goldmine of info on here.
Tell us what Elgrand you have , 3.5 /2.5 , which spec , has it been decored?
Thank the welcomes , welcome others -10 posts is a doddle DF91D1F6-B678-482B-B97E-BA45166131D3.jpeg

Welcome to EOC.

We are a community rather than just an information resource and encourage participation. Introducing yourself and telling us about you Elgrand is a good start:

Premium membership is an option to support the website and club, in a similar manner to Wikipedia asking for contributions to keep that going.

Since you are asking about the clock it gives the impression that you haven't had your van very long and so you may find the FAQ section useful:

There is further information about the clock in the technical section, with hardware modifications to the Nav unit the clock can be changed on later E51 models. If you decide to participate and make some meaningful posts or opt for premium membership then the information will be available and if you were to have trouble finding or understanding it then members would be happy to help you out.

I'm not sure if this would be doable, but in another group i'm in (not Elgrand related) there are a few 'approved' people who create bulk-buys for common parts that everyone needs. They do them every 3-6 months and in the end people tend to save a good chunk of coin.

What would you the members like to see from us the admin team do to this forum to make it a better user experience.

This is your chance to have your say and push the forum in the direction that you the user would like to see.

Please no banter in here we want open honest answers so we can improve the user experience.

Admin team will be actively monitoring this thread.
What i can see your doing a great job. Very interesting and useful 👍👌

Thank you for the opportunity to comment, my first impression is that people are helpful,but the site it self is not the easiest to navigate, but then again i am new.

What is strange?

This website costs money to run. Real money. As in hard earned cash.
We cover fees via membership, but we do not enforce it. We don't advertise like social media or other websites, we rely entirely on the members opting to pay to cover the fees.

You want info for free? How about you set up a website and run an owners club out of your pocket, and in 6 years time you come and tell me how you're doing.

None of the staff here make a penny out of this site. All money paid goes to either hosting fees, assets (marquees, generator, flags, banners for events), charity, social events for members or competitions.

What is strange? Please explain.

@Claptrap - thanks for your reply. That would work for threads I had in my watch list, but not for threads I might want to avoid altogether.

This is in your personal preferences.

In there, there is an option to be notified regarding threads your interacted with or not.

"automatically watch content you interact with"

Screenshot_20210121-015207.png

If this option is ticked then every thread you comment on will be added to your watch list and you'll get notifications for.

You can turn that off if you want, or you can manually unwatch a thread with the button at the Top of that thread.

Mine says "watch" because I don't have notifications for this particular thread. If you are watching it it will say "unwatch", click it and problem solved.

Screenshot_20210121-015525.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back