• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Take a look at Forensic Detailing on YouTube, loads of advice and videos on every aspect of detailing . I bought some scholl one step compound polish on recommendation from the site and it's brilliant. If you do 1 panel at a time and devide each panel into say 6 smaller sections it's a lot easyer. Good video on how to start using a DA and how to avoid making mistakes. Definatly recommend any one on the forum to have a look , he doesn't push products at you but does comparison tests on all the products , from cutting compoundas to polish and buffing cloths to pads for your DA . 😎👍👍👍👍👍

It'd help me if we went back to imperial measurements for everything. I used metric at school but I cannot get along with or envisage anything.
Its strange, but at 67 years old I can´t now think in Fahrenheit, and struggle when the satnav tells me distances in feet. Have no problems with meters or kilometers (or miles come to that), but still use feet and inches for smaller measurements, and haven´t got to grips with kilometers per litre (still think in miles per gallon). Hopefully the younger generation are not as stuck in the mud as I am. :)

Its strange, but at 67 years old I can´t now think in Fahrenheit, and struggle when the satnav tells me distances in feet. Have no problems with meters or kilometers (or miles come to that), but still use feet and inches for smaller measurements, and haven´t got to grips with kilometers per litre (still think in miles per gallon). Hopefully the younger generation are not as stuck in the mud as I am. :)
Can’t do litres to kilometres, it just don’t mean anything. I do get on people’s nerves though when I measure things, I go to the nearest full measurement for example a sheet of wood might end up getting measured at 1 metre by 4 foot ( 4 foot is a rounded number whereas it’s metric equivalent 1250mm isn’t)

Try buying your beer in Firkins, Kilderkins and Hogsheads.

For length try Cubits, Chains and Leagues.

I have not reached 67 yet, I hope to, but when I went to school I remember that one mile consisted of 1760 yards, 5280 feet or 63360 inches.

It stuck in there and does surface from time to time, they obviously knocked it in well.

Regards

Ian

Anybody remember the old yard of ale? How many pints were in that? Now it's all shots and sh*t :p

I thought that it was something over 2 pints, just looked on Wiki and it recons around 2.5 pints.

2 of them and you would need to take me home in a wheelbarrow!!

Regards

Ian

I thought that it was something over 2 pints, just looked on Wiki and it recons around 2.5 pints.

Regards

Ian

And when your mates challenged you to it - it was always at the end of the night, never the start :joy:

Regards

Ian
How many yards of ale would it take to fill a wheelbarrow? :confused:

Anybody remember the old yard of ale? How many pints were in that? Now it's all shots and sh*t :p
The thing that sticks in my mind is that Eric Lubbock (One time Liberal MP for Orpington) was the yard of ale champion for Downe. They don´t make MPs like that anymore!:)

think my grand is doing one furlong to the pint :worried:

my mate had a wad of fifties printed and would drop them on the pub floor or bar :)watching people try to look all innocent as they try and sneak them away was priceless :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This reminds me of the song by The Barron Knights...."I remember". the lyrics just crack me up...." I remember dolly mixtures,were my favourite little sweet, you used to get a bag for tuppence, now they're 2p each!" Lol

I think I have seen it on TV, was it a glass thing with a ball on the end?

It may have been The Black Country Museum I saw it........... Can't be sure :D

Regards

Ian
I only drink Guinness and to try a yard of that would finish me. A yard of Jaffa Cakes on the other hand😋👍

Back