• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

If they still did £1 notes, I could have done and it might just have been cheaper. I'll go with what @Declan suggest for the moment, the paints in need of some TLC and probably does need a semi professional to work on it, not a fat fingered numpty like me, lol

Wrap it in money?👍be unique😂😂😂

That's okay, i've got more of those than real money after spending so much on upgrades recently, Octobers been a very expensive month :sob::sob::sob::sob:
Did my eyes deceive me or have you just edited again? Lol 😵 just flashing your Ebucks now, I see! Lol 💰 hmmmm but then you can print your own with @Karl 's fizzog on them lol 😁

@Claptrap - more than willing to show you how to use a DA if you are ever up my way.
I bought a baby one (500w) and there is NO chance of it wearing through the paint... barely get's the swirl marks out... BUT, it does work and you get good results from it.

Just a shame that it will probably cost you as much in fuel to get up here as it would to pay for the 6 day paint correction :joy:

If only you were a bit a lot closer @Karl, I would definitely take you up on the offer :)

However, I've just ordered a Meguiars Ultimate Paint Kit to get the ball rolling this weekend (as long as it's not feckin raining), baby steps at this point for me, not sure should be trusted with power tools near the really feckin expensive G30 paintwork, lol.

I know its something I need to get to grips with, and a DA polisher can come at a later stage.

Maybe the next time someone is doing their's (more Southerly), I can pop over to see how it's done... its so feckin confusing just buying the gear and pads, lol

Cheers all =8-0

@Claptrap - more than willing to show you how to use a DA if you are ever up my way.
I bought a baby one (500w) and there is NO chance of it wearing through the paint... barely get's the swirl marks out... BUT, it does work and you get good results from it.

Just a shame that it will probably cost you as much in fuel to get up here as it would to pay for the 6 day paint correction :joy:

Take your time, do 1/4 of a panel at a time, and you'll get there. I would strongly suggest starting on either the roof or the bonnet. Nice large flat surfaces. Or... offer to clean a neighbours car and practice on them! :joy:

Bonnet sounds a good place to start... what could possibly go wrong, lol... and if it does, WTF... I'll wrap it, lol

Take your time, do 1/4 of a panel at a time, and you'll get there. I would strongly suggest starting on either the roof or the bonnet. Nice large flat surfaces. Or... offer to clean a neighbours car and practice on them! :joy:

I apologise if I’m frightening people. With low powered polishers you will be fairly safe. It’s just that I use a variable speed buffer as used in paint shops. Whenever I do a paint job I always colour sand and buff back to get a perfectly flat high gloss finish. If you are using farecla products, I.e, cutting compound, anti swirl paste etc. The colour of the cap on the bottle indicates what colour foam pad to use. The cutting compound is harsh and can quickly wear through paint on the sharp edges of body lines. I also use a spray bottle to keep everything wet, if things get to dry you can easily drag or burn the paint. This is another area where you are in danger of wearing through the paint to get the finish back again. I know this from experience when I was first starting out years ago.

Came across a E51 broken down on the grass verge yesterday, obviously stopped to see if I could help.
Just a flat tyre FFS
The sooner they bring out invisibility cloaks the better!
Think of all the dumdubbers that saw that!
It's embarrassing.

Back online Monday and awaiting supervisor response

I have told them i want refund for downtime plus a contribution towards unusable Netflix etc......watch this space...
Wow this is some down-time! Definitely need some cash back surely to God. Good luck with it.

Came across a E51 broken down on the grass verge yesterday, obviously stopped to see if I could help.
Just a flat tyre FFS
The sooner they bring out invisibility cloaks the better!
Think of all the dumdubbers that saw that!
It's embarrassing.
Yeah but....not a mechanical breakdown👍(reliability record unblemished)👍any make/model can suffer tyre probs👍....neither you or owner were stood by a broken down dubbus👍good all round I'd say+plus helped out or at least offered, and met a new member?😂😂😂😂🚐🚐🚜🚜

Back online Monday and awaiting supervisor response

I have told them i want refund for downtime plus a contribution towards unusable Netflix etc......watch this space...
You should be entitled to it @E51ZRider you have paid for a service that you have not received. We had this with BT, and the issue was with their broadband underground cables. Apparently they were shorting out, and it went on for about two weeks. Three BT engineers and numerous phone calls later (with the threat of their fee of £139.00) it finally got resolved. As a gesture of goodwill (yeah, right!) they offered us compensation of £20.00 off the next bill. I gladly accepted and told them that I wouldn't be paying their extortionate fee as it was their problem. They did agree and didn't charge it in the end. A good line to remember is that the service you have been paying for 'isnt fit for purpose'. Hope all works out and you get a refund you deserve.

is premium petrol really 6 fu**in quid a gallon or have I converted it wrong? When we leave the EU we should go back to gallons & put pressure on the twatting government to reduce fuel duty instead of thinking they're doing us a big favour by freezing it. :mad:

Anyway I've just started setting this up as recommended by @Lize (android version for me though) - that's why I'm trying to convert things from litres & km etc

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...with-bluetooth-4-0-adapter.11224/#post-119712

is premium petrol really 6 fu**in quid a gallon or have I converted it wrong? When we leave the EU we should go back to gallons & put pressure on the twatting government to reduce fuel duty instead of thinking they're doing us a big favour by freezing it. :mad:

Anyway I've just started setting this up as recommended by @Lize (android version for me though) - that's why I'm trying to convert things from litres & km etc

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...with-bluetooth-4-0-adapter.11224/#post-119712

In The Netherlands its 1.75 euros per litre @Phil. So 1.75 x 4.5 litres (Gallon) = 7.87 euros for around 20-25 miles!!!! lol

Back