• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

We're on a mini-holiday. Brought the Ellie (bloody brilliant! Love it to bits)
Beautiful day, quite warm, clear blue sky, took the dog for a walk first thing, get back in decide to take the Ellie out for a bit, did a bit of shopping, Husband looks a pale green colour.
"Are you OK"
"No, splitting headache and feel nauseous"
"Shall we get back to the cottage?"
"We'd better"

So I drive back, he's been asleep on the sofa in the conservatory all day whilst I've been on the other sofa on t'interwebs.

I'm not moaning at him, just the situation. He is NEVER ill, one of those blokes who just works and works and works, never ill, never has a day off.
Fecking typical. It has gone bloody dark now, day one gone!

We're on a mini-holiday. Brought the Ellie (bloody brilliant! Love it to bits)
Beautiful day, quite warm, clear blue sky, took the dog for a walk first thing, get back in decide to take the Ellie out for a bit, did a bit of shopping, Husband looks a pale green colour.
"Are you OK"
"No, splitting headache and feel nauseous"
"Shall we get back to the cottage?"
"We'd better"

So I drive back, he's been asleep on the sofa in the conservatory all day whilst I've been on the other sofa on t'interwebs.

I'm not moaning at him, just the situation. He is NEVER ill, one of those blokes who just works and works and works, never ill, never has a day off.
Fecking typical. It has gone bloody dark now, day one gone!
A good night's sleep and im sure he'll be all better.
Bad luck though ey.

Yep flipping typical. He's awake now, made him a cup of sweet tea, managed to drink it. I've mentioned Cottage Pie for tea and he wasn't sick at the thought so we're on to a winner now lol.
I wouldn't mind, we don't even drink!

Thanks, you two :)

By parking in a bay with no other cars in adjacent bays you give them something to aim at.
It doesn't matter how far away from an entrance you park someone will always park right next to you.

Ian
I think a student psychologist needs to do a study on this.
I want some answers!!!

I think I could make it off my death bed for some cottage pie :)

Yep flipping typical. He's awake now, made him a cup of sweet tea, managed to drink it. I've mentioned Cottage Pie for tea and he wasn't sick at the thought so we're on to a winner now lol.
I wouldn't mind, we don't even drink!

Thanks, you two :)

Nearly three weeks ago now, my mother (79) unfortunately fell over ( i still don't know if she tripped over or collapsed ).

The fall has sadly broken her hip and she has undergone surgery and now has three titainium screws holding the bone back together and she seems to be recovering well . ( hence why I've not been on the club lately)

Incidentally, the first i heard about the incident was when she was in the back of the ambulance being treated by paramedics and she said "my son works for the ambulance service " the crew member said what's his name ? As soon as my mum said my name , it transpired that they were my paramedic friends and contacted me immediately . ( what's the chances of that ? )😂

The hospital gave her a zimmer frame to aid recovery and keep her mobile etc . I have now purchased her a better model Zimmer frame , the type with wheels / brakes on each leg and a handy padded seat built in the middle .
I contacted the hospital to return the original Zimmer frame, only to be told that the item of equipment was single use only and I should dispose of it !!!!

WTF !!! This brand new medical device was handed to my mother who has used it only for a short time indoors. The rubber anti-slip pads at the bottom of each leg are unmarked and the aluminium and steel construction of the frame still look absolutely fantastic and this robust product could go on to aid another hundred patients, yet I've been told to dispose of this expensive aid ?????

WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY !!!!

I could not bare to throw this perfectly functional medical aid away, so after a quick clean with a clinical wipe and being familiar to hospital layout , i decided to return this item anyway. The Zimmer frame was placed in a certain area in the hope that this aid could be used again ?

Sorry to hear of your Mums fall, hope she has a speedy recovery.

Its awful how the NHS waste money, it's not just Zimmer frames sadly, they waste so much money on other things too.

Nearly three weeks ago now, my mother (79) unfortunately fell over ( i still don't know if she tripped over or collapsed ).

The fall has sadly broken her hip and she has undergone surgery and now has three titainium screws holding the bone back together and she seems to be recovering well . ( hence why I've not been on the club lately)

Incidentally, the first i heard about the incident was when she was in the back of the ambulance being treated by paramedics and she said "my son works for the ambulance service " the crew member said what's his name ? As soon as my mum said my name , it transpired that they were my paramedic friends and contacted me immediately . ( what's the chances of that ? )😂

The hospital gave her a zimmer frame to aid recovery and keep her mobile etc . I have now purchased her a better model Zimmer frame , the type with wheels / brakes on each leg and a handy padded seat built in the middle .
I contacted the hospital to return the original Zimmer frame, only to be told that the item of equipment was single use only and I should dispose of it !!!!

WTF !!! This brand new medical device was handed to my mother who has used it only for a short time indoors. The rubber anti-slip pads at the bottom of each leg are unmarked and the aluminium and steel construction of the frame still look absolutely fantastic and this robust product could go on to aid another hundred patients, yet I've been told to dispose of this expensive aid ?????

I could not bare to throw this perfectly functional medical aid away, so after a quick clean with a clinical wipe and being familiar to hospital layout , i decided to return this item anyway. The Zimmer frame was placed in a certain area in the hope that this aid could be used again ?
Have you heard of EBay?
Joking.
Good move chap and well done.
The system is strange sometimes

hope your mum's doing well mate :)

Hi, I understand your frustration in trying to return equipment, my late wife worked for the NHS, and they would ask people to return crutches, walking sticks and other equipment "loaned" to patients only to then scrap them.
When I questioned this I was informed that when they tried to loan out "second hand" equipment people complained that it could carry infections and all sorts of other nasties and that they wanted new equipment or they were being discriminated against and would lodge a complaint against the person, or people, involved.
Therefore for a quiet life they dish out new every time.
I hope your mother is doing well and can get back on her skateboard soon.

Regards
Ian

Hope Mum's OK.

Madness as I thought I had seen on the news only recently that they were having an amnesty where people could take their crutches etc back to them?!

Sorry to hear that mate but a least she has some one there that knows what they're doing👍

Coming off a roundabout near seaham. Tyre blew and by the time I'd made it somewhere safe it was completely destroyed.

Then I found out the aftermarket wheels didn't let the factory wheel wrench fit in their aperture. So I couldn't change the wheel. Thanks previous Japanese owner.

Good times.

Luckily found a friendly tyre shop who lent me some tools and did me a part worn to get me home. Thanks LJM tyres, you're a legend.

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_113223.jpg
    IMG_20181117_113223.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 5
Coming off a roundabout near seaham. Tyre blew and by the time I'd made it somewhere safe it was completely destroyed.

Then I found out the aftermarket wheels didn't let the factory wheel wrench fit in their aperture. So I couldn't change the wheel. Thanks previous Japanese owner.

Good times.

Luckily found a friendly tyre shop who lent me some tools and did me a part worn to get me home. Thanks LJM tyres, you're a legend.
Ouch, good new about LJM, bless 'em. At least you're OK and you know now.

So the big question is how did the Elgrand handle when it blew out? Was it a twitchy bum moment?
Clearly glad everything turned out well. 👍

Back