• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

WTF, just been quoted £800 - £1600 for a paint correction on my Elgrand... feckin hell!!! (edited)
One guy even said he would need the car for 6 days.... WTF & FFS!
That's about right price and time scale. I was quoted £1650 for a Range Rover and 5 days.

Feck, might get it wrapped instead for that money then
Sorry (again) for sounding stupid but what's wrong with it? Can it not be done by a non-professional?
I am genuinely confused (happens a lot) what the hell do they do to it for that money? :confused:

They will use various different techniques, polishes, compounds etc to remove the swirls and revive the paint but.... 6 days....

Sorry (again) for sounding stupid but what's wrong with it? Can it not be done by a non-professional?
I am genuinely confused (happens a lot) what the hell do they do to it for that money? :confused:

Haven't got the tools, skill but mainly the feckin patience for it, lol
You need to have a 'Panel Party' invite forum members, a panel each, you provide the scotch eggs and Dr Pepper. Be done in no time lol.

If you do it in summer I'm in. This weather I'm out. :cold_sweat:

Get a DA polisher and a bottle of one step compound and do it a panel at a time when you have time. I've just done this to our black xc90 which will go when the Elgrand arrives. It is absolutely transformed and was much more satisfying to do than I thought. You can get 90% of the pro's results.

That's what I did.
Spent £400 on the kit and did it myself.
Watch loads of videos.
Have enough to do it 20 times over.
Only took 2 days.
Yeh it was only probably 80% right but it was good enough for me.
Looked amazing.

I'll look in to it, GULP :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:, cheers everyone

Get a DA polisher and a bottle of one step compound and do it a panel at a time when you have time. I've just done this to our black xc90 which will go when the Elgrand arrives. It is absolutely transformed and was much more satisfying to do than I thought. You can get 90% of the pro's results.

That's what I did.
Spent £400 on the kit and did it myself.
Watch loads of videos.
Have enough to do it 20 times over.
Only took 2 days.
Yeh it was only probably 80% right but it was good enough for me.
Looked amazing.

I personally wouldn’t push anyone into doing it with power tools who wasn’t confident. It is too easy to either burn the paint or wear through it. Great results can be achieved by hand. A damm good wash followed by clay baring. T cut or cutting compound by hand. You can tell when you have removed the bulk of crud or dead paint as the panels start to feel silky smooth. Finishing with top quality waxes and sealers. Although this won’t remove deep scratches or stone chips, you could save yourself the cost of a full respray.

They will use various different techniques, polishes, compounds etc to remove the swirls and revive the paint but.... 6 days....
Compared to the THREE days and £1700 I was quoted by Cartronics to install the SAME double din unit in mine as 'Unique' fitted in less than 2 hours in both of our Ellies Robin thats probably not too bad lol

Back