• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just upgraded my rear boot struts to accommodate a fixed bike rack ... 10 minute job with a spare pair of hands to hold the door open. Went 930Nm which works a treat 👍
Hi, where did you get a boot struts from? Did you buy an adjustable force or fixed force? I'm looking for a pair. Find GS10-22 350-400mm 800Nm from NitroLift but I think 800Nm it isn't enough. Thanks for any info.

Don't forget the Ball Sockets,

vMUzpjY.jpg

• Fit double din head unit incl DAB aerial and mic ✅
  • Fit dashcam ✅
Also took the oil filler cap off to check all good there....only went and dropped the thing in the engine bay 😱

All good though....after 15 minutes of panic and despair I retrieved it from one of the undertrays 😰😂

Thanks to those who helped to advise me on what I needed adaptor wise for the double din. Only minor gripe is the steering wheel control cable must have come out when I was shoving the unit in...was working 100% when I tested it before that. No doubt one day soon I'll be pulling the head unit out to check. Job for another day now though. Feeling quietly satisfied with getting this done myself, being a total novice.
Double din back out this morning...steering wheel controls jack had come out. Now back in and working fully. Took the chance to properly earth it and now back in and much better fit this time; more flush to the dash 😊

Took an early morning trip to Carsington Water - popped the top, mrs cooked that then went for a walk.

Attachments

• 256F676B-C13E-4D03-8C9C-57795EDEEDBF.jpeg
    256F676B-C13E-4D03-8C9C-57795EDEEDBF.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 30
  • A079967E-153F-4F2A-87EB-081B613F925E.jpeg
    A079967E-153F-4F2A-87EB-081B613F925E.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 30
Then finally got round to fitting this:
The only white thing to increase the top speed of the fastest Elgrand colour 😘

Attachments

• 6BFCF3D9-E5D2-49A4-BD58-86F9677B8EEE.jpeg
    6BFCF3D9-E5D2-49A4-BD58-86F9677B8EEE.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 10
Thank you.

Is 850N enough to hang a few 7mm wet wetsuits? Or should I go for more?
850N is just for the door to raise without it stopping en route. Once it is up I couldn't say how much weight it will hold.

Had some free time today so fitted my SGS boot struts. Read lots of people recommending 800N for standard or 850N if using a bike rack etc. I played it safe and ordered 820N as I will need to hang items from it time to time. Also bought the standard ball joint for one end and the extended version for the other side.

rwGUK6R.jpg

Comparison Old Vs New:
m7deXJP.jpg

Results are night and day. Really happy with the extra lift and that it sits in line with the roof when open. Opening and closing is just as easy before but now I won't bump my head 🙈
BCgxMng.jpg

BXhjWxz.jpg

Haven't tested it yet but feels strong enough to hold a few wet wetsuits with out giving way which is exactly what I wanted :cool:
uekiqbq.jpg

d1b34Tr.jpg

Thank you.

Is 850N enough to hang a few 7mm wet wetsuits? Or should I go for more?
Any help

Back