• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Where u moving too?
Luckily the house we have bought is only 500m away from the house we are currently renting :p
We are still in SW France, not far from Bordeaux.
The house buying process here is insanely complex. But, we've got a lot of house for our money! No way we could afford something like this in the UK.

Great idea Madfish :D

I realised that my speakers aren't up to spec, so need to get them replaced asap. But haven't actually done anything as of yet!
I just got an E51 today and read somewhere that it was a Bose system. So, apart from the first surprise which was that the system mostly in Japanese contrary to the dealers advice that it had been fully converted to the Aussie system, I was also surprised that yes, the sound is a bit shite. I’ll have to work out too how to find and balance the equaliser. Hope it’s got one!

I just got an E51 today and read somewhere that it was a Bose system. So, apart from the first surprise which was that the system mostly in Japanese contrary to the dealers advice that it had been fully converted to the Aussie system, I was also surprised that yes, the sound is a bit shite. I’ll have to work out too how to find and balance the equaliser. Hope it’s got one!
In the middle of the dash by the windscreen the should be a speaker with Bose on it as well as in the A Pillars, fully converted means it meets the regs in the country that it was imported to.

Drivers side sun visor lens tinted as the replacement LED's where a tad bright.

wySmU81.jpg

Got an MOT.

It was in a plastic packet and so I failed to notice he didn't include the emissions readings. He commented while doing it that it was very clean though.

Does anyone know whether you can see that on the Gov website when you download the test certificate before I go to the bother of finding the V5?

Got an MOT.

It was in a plastic packet and so I failed to notice he didn't include the emissions readings. He commented while doing it that it was very clean though.

Does anyone know whether you can see that on the Gov website when you download the test certificate before I go to the bother of finding the V5?
Think it may be exempt as its an import.

Got an MOT.

The garage emissions tester may not be working so they just carried out a visual test.

No, they have emissions tests.
With my Subaru BP5 it was teated differently, just be happy it passed, if you are worried phone the DVLA and complain that the MOT tester didn't do his job thoroughly and you are requesting a thorough test as soon as possible ;o)))

With my Subaru BP5 it was teated differently, just be happy it passed, if you are worried phone the DVLA and complain that the MOT tester didn't do his job thoroughly and you are requesting a thorough test as soon as possible ;o)))
They just follow a different direction in the require results flow chart to find what are acceptable readings.

The garage emissions tester may not be working so they just carried out a visual test.
I stood and watched the emissions test I just didn't get the print out.

I wanted to compare the figures from last year with the turbo and different cat, from what he said its likely it is cleaner. I can always go back to the garage and he'd print me one out.

They just follow a different direction in the require results flow chart to find what are acceptable readings.

I stood and watched the emissions test I just didn't get the print out.

I wanted to compare the figures from last year with the turbo and different cat, from what he said its likely it is cleaner. I can always go back to the garage and he'd print me one out.
Is it die sel or a turbo added to a petrol car?

Back