• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

enjoy šŸ‘ im being forced to retire early due to ill health at 60 :( but unfortunately because of that money is going to be very tight !!! might not look good for the Elgrand ?
Sorry to hear that this is one of the things that can really screw with financial plans. Hope things go well for you.

That was a good price. Wish I had known you were not going to bid as I was tempted by it when I seen your original post but thought it would not have been fair biding against you seeing as you seen it first, Now neither of us have got it šŸ˜¢
I know. They don't come up too often by the looks of it. Gutted

What I didn't do was keep an eye on the Impul ECU that was on Buyee..... provisionally put 2000 yen on it (just over 10 quid). It sold for 2100 yen (Ā£11.49)......LIVID!
If it was the one with ā€œ junkā€ in the description then I wouldnā€™t beat yourself up over it
I know they have rules over honest etc but at that starting price then junk was possibly junk not just ā€œ untested ā€œ

If it was the one with ā€œ junkā€ in the description then I wouldnā€™t beat yourself up over it
I know they have rules over honest etc but at that starting price then junk was possibly junk not just ā€œ untested ā€œ
Yeah, it was a bit of a gamble (especially being my first Jap auction purchase). Nevermind eh.

Well another interesting job....my side door jammed half open had to force it shut . Cable rusty and thus broke...took rear seat out and all trim and removed motor and winder drum assembly ...onto kitchen table for strip down and new cables from local bike shop installed and rewound onto drum then all put back together . Works a treat for a total of Ā£15 in bits and bobs . Happy days

As summer has finally arrived in Lower Normandy I took the opportunity to check over the Elgrand undercarriage. All wheels off, tyres in good condition and no uneven wear, swapped front to rear. Gave it a good blast with a hose around the wheel arches and struts to remove a winters worth of mud and cow pat. Cleaned and checked brake callipers, pads and discs. Front will need replacing soon but have discs and pads ready. Checked all the rubber boots and bushes etc. Made minor adjustment to rear pre load. Cleaned out behind the front wheel arch liners and gave it a spray of Waxoyl. Checked for any play as best as I could, none detected. Went for a drive then checked the ride height from wheel centre to wheel arch, both rears at 380mm and fronts a 370mm, and finally put some tyre shine on the tyres and had a self congratulatory beer.

IMG_20240509_152043464.jpg

Today whilst waiting for my artists block to wain, I upgraded my rear side lights.

Nothing fancy but you can actually see them now.

Hole cutter for opening out small original bulb holder.
IMG_4890.jpeg
New bulb holder, new brighter bulb.

IMG_4894.jpeg

IMG_4892.jpeg
Above photo taken in bright sunlight..
šŸ‘

Last edited:
I picked up my beautiful Nissan Rider Autech about two months ago, and it's been a bit of an adjustment. Since we drive on the left side of the road here in Canada, I've had to adapt to driving on the right. It's a learning experience, and I'm being extra cautious to avoid any accidents. šŸ˜¢

Speaking of which, shortly after getting the car, I got a little too close to the curb and ended up with some scratches on those pristine 20-inch rims ā€“ ouch! It seems like I've been collecting minor dents and scratches ever since. :sob:

Instead of lowering the van as I originally planned, I'm thinking about lifting it for some light off-roading adventures. I've already swapped the rims to a more practical 16-inch size to accommodate tires with taller sidewalls. I might even be able to go down to 15 inches for even more off-road capability.

Right now I'm using Nokian Outpost APT All-Terrain, all weather tires in a 215/65/16 size. They're all-weather tires with a mud and snow (M+S) rating and the three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol, so they'll handle anything Canada throws at me.

The next step is a lift kit, and I'm considering one from a Nissan Pathfinder. However, I'm still researching compatibility and options. If anyone reading this has recommendations for lifting a Rider Autech, especially from folks in Australia with similar right-hand-drive experience, I'd love to hear your advice! šŸ™
@Toni Any news on lifting? Did you find out anything regarding pathfinder parts?

As summer has finally arrived in Lower Normandy I took the opportunity to check over the Elgrand undercarriage. All wheels off, tyres in good condition and no uneven wear, swapped front to rear. Gave it a good blast with a hose around the wheel arches and struts to remove a winters worth of mud and cow pat. Cleaned and checked brake callipers, pads and discs. Front will need replacing soon but have discs and pads ready. Checked all the rubber boots and bushes etc. Made minor adjustment to rear pre load. Cleaned out behind the front wheel arch liners and gave it a spray of Waxoyl. Checked for any play as best as I could, none detected. Went for a drive then checked the ride height from wheel centre to wheel arch, both rears at 380mm and fronts a 370mm, and finally put some tyre shine on the tyres and had a self congratulatory beer.

View attachment 101828
love that ghost ship....didn't know they sold it in france

Gave it a wash today and following on from the wheel arch clean I blasted the crud from under the side skirts and rear bumper.

View attachment 101867

Looking good buddy! Cannot believe how clean your headlights are, wish mine were in that condition!

Back