• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Spent £65 on fuel. Steady drive to Didcot to collect some lovely alloys ( thanks Pete). Tirol of 500km. Running well. Bonus, got a pip from a black Elgrand with trade plates on hurtling up the M1. Good day around.

Got an MOT.

It was in a plastic packet and so I failed to notice he didn't include the emissions readings. He commented while doing it that it was very clean though.

Does anyone know whether you can see that on the Gov website when you download the test certificate before I go to the bother of finding the V5?
Think you will only see pass/fail and advisories etc ,anything else like cert itself you will need last few digits of v5 anyway

Put Xmas lights in the back.

Noticed the amount of condensation appearing in my breather catch tank now it's cold.

Put Xmas lights in the back.

Noticed the amount of condensation appearing in my breather catch tank now it's cold.
Think ill check mine now you mentioned it👍

Luckily the house we have bought is only 500m away from the house we are currently renting :p
We are still in SW France, not far from Bordeaux.
The house buying process here is insanely complex. But, we've got a lot of house for our money! No way we could afford something like this in the UK.
We go to the Atlantic coast for a lot of our hols ,roughly a straight line from Bordeaux to west coast , a few mile inland from Royan, lovely area , hopefully spend more time therevthe older we get

Only noticed because mine is a glass one and easy to spot.
Same on mine I forgot all about it tbf I've never had to empty it yet when I last checked nothing on the glass but as you say good to check for condensation

Same on mine I forgot all about it tbf I've never had to empty it yet when I last checked nothing on the glass but as you say good to check for condensation
Would think your going to get a lot more this time of year so best to keep an eye on it-----condensation can travel back through the oil and give false impressions elsewhere

Would think your going to get a lot more this time of year so best to keep an eye on it-----condensation can travel back through the oil and give false impressions elsewhere
Yeh your right I'm glad stempy mentioned don't think id of give it a thought

Got side lined but should be done by tomorrow....

3qxGt3Q.jpg

Luckily the house we have bought is only 500m away from the house we are currently renting :p
We are still in SW France, not far from Bordeaux.
The house buying process here is insanely complex. But, we've got a lot of house for our money! No way we could afford something like this in the UK.
Ooooo we will need some tips on France next year would love to drive their

Fiasco of the month.
Yesterday I decided to check the oil level in the engine. Well, for some reason I decided to do it at 22:00 on the street (although it could have been done in the garage). I took out my phone, turned on the flashlight and put it (as I thought normally) on the radiator. As a result, the phone fell and got stuck between the cooling radiator and the air conditioner radiator))) BUT I'm an engineer, I was not at a loss, and within 2 hours I took out the phone))) By the way, this evening I did not check the oil level)

Can’t wait we have a drive so I can wash and do some poor quality diy in the camper lol thanks :)
Gd u have a drive , a lot safer for car from vandals and easier to work/clean car . We actually moved house in a e50 , started taking stuff over when I was doing abit work at house , I had booked a van for 2 weeks later , but everything was moved before date came lol actually slept in house before gaz cooker was plumbed in ha ha

Checked my catch can today as I made mine I wanted to know if they were working so I bought one of the cheap little ones just to see and yes it is working really well after 1000 miles no oil just one little bit

IMG_8278 1(2020_11_24 20_22_20 UTC).jpg

IMG_82802 (2020_11_24 20_22_20 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
Soldered the neg cable to the pin, stuff going out in the dark and losing my phone, oh and extended my temp parking permit at a horrendous price as the Subaru is going up for sale,

35egBUj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back