• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I've been having some random stalling issues with my Volvo but diagnostics say is running perfectly. I'm tempted just to bung a new MAF in and see what happens.
Not tempted to clean the MAF??

I went for really expensive when there was a sale on and I also had a voucher code so ended up only being expensive.
Out of interest, how many litres did you buy?

Out of interest, how many litres did you buy?
15 litres so should have enough for the transfer box as well. Will likely have to wait until spring now to be changed.

Whilst testing a @Stempyuno lighting modification I noticed one of my lower light clusters was partially filled with water. Knowing what a ball-ache of a job removing the clusters is, and not wanting to risk losing a spanner or socket in the recess behind the wing (again), I make a simple but effective aqua easement port at the bottom of the light instead.

.View attachment 45241View attachment 45242
Oh no, your blinker fluid... How they going to work now? 😂🤣😂

I tested a wiring mod from @Stempyuno that enabled my rear lower brake lights to additionally function as side lights. Really easy install and works perfectly! Here's a video of them in action. (I was testing all possible combinations, it's not a show demo mode!)

I was thinking this the other day. Have you got link to do mod please? @Stempyuno
Love the brake lights on these.

Fitted baby seat just need to make some minor adjustments as of to the Cotswolds today,

qvMtGEC.jpg
I have same isofix bracket too.
Did you add anything to the bracket? Not sure if I'd personally trust just that small bracket to hold isofix without seatbelt as the bracket doesn't seem to have much solid contact with the seat and don't think seat back was designed to take so much force of an impact.

I can certainly string one together for you.
Stringing me along again? 🤣😂🤣
Would be awesome please. Thinking involves new bulb holder to allow dual filament bulb and also running wire from side lights down?

Do you have a magic string to light up the centre of the light bar also?

I have same isofix bracket too.
Did you add anything to the bracket? Not sure if I'd personally trust just that small bracket to hold isofix without seatbelt as the bracket doesn't seem to have much solid contact with the seat and don't think seat back was designed to take so much force of an impact.
200 odd mile trip to the Cotswolds and back and it was fine, if you are worried then you could add an additional strap from the centre hole if the child seat accepts it and doesn't need to be rear facing, as the grand daughter is 5 weeks old the seat had/has to be rear facing, HTH if you need any further info then ping me a message.

Oh and edit this was the seat that was fitted,

qvMtGEC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stringing me along again? 🤣😂🤣
Would be awesome please. Thinking involves new bulb holder to allow dual filament bulb and also running wire from side lights down?

Do you have a magic string to light up the centre of the light bar also?
If you have the LED lower brake lights like Parky then it's just a single adapter wire running from one of the corner lights to the LED cluster.

I've often considered lighting up the centre bar but it hasn't come to the top of my project list yet.

Back