• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

New wiper blades fitted and oil purchase for my oil change...........
I have just pulled up a chair and got my popcorn 🍿 let the comments commence

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_151719.jpg
    IMG_20201205_151719.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 16073447473117382962746713131181.jpg
    16073447473117382962746713131181.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 20
Indeed, I've noticed mine lugging a higher gear for longer recently.

Indeed, I've noticed mine lugging a higher gear for longer recently.
I'm suspecting mine might actually have a fault :( Doesn't seem to want to rev and the dreaded lack of power too. ATF level ok, engine oil perfect level too.

hardly see the repair good job:cool:

I'm suspecting mine might actually have a fault :( Doesn't seem to want to rev and the dreaded lack of power too. ATF level ok, engine oil perfect level too.
Disconnected the battery for a couple of hours, then went on a longer run. Problem still present. Seems like it’s in some sort of limp mode but no error on the dash or display. It won’t kick down and there’s no real power. Engine seems to rev smoothly without issue whilst in park. I guess without NDS2 it’s all guesswork at this stage.

Disconnected the battery for a couple of hours, then went on a longer run. Problem still present. Seems like it’s in some sort of limp mode but no error on the dash or display. It won’t kick down and there’s no real power. Engine seems to rev smoothly without issue whilst in park. I guess without NDS2 it’s all guesswork at this stage.
If it were in limp mode it would be restricted to 2500 rpm or thereabouts and the EML would light up. A diagnostic session would seem to be the next step.

If it were in limp mode it would be restricted to 2500 rpm or thereabouts and the EML would light up. A diagnostic session would seem to be the next step.
Is this not the second one with in a week with same issue

It's the cold, it's stuck itself in snow mode.
Snow mode doesn’t stop speed does it , thought it meant pull away in 2nd and go into top earlier, I’ve only drove it a couple of times in snow mode ( and not at speed ) so haven’t really used it

Yes, I think you are right, but it would give the impression of lack of power and reluctant kick down.

By switching into manual it will rev more highly, but without the oomph it usually has. I'll take it to my local mechanic to see if he's able to read any fault codes.

I've been having some random stalling issues with my Volvo but diagnostics say is running perfectly. I'm tempted just to bung a new MAF in and see what happens.

Now think about changing the ATF, hmmm not sure what oil to use........any ideas?

Attachments

• oil_helmet-1-2.jpg
    oil_helmet-1-2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1
Mine has been parked up for 2 and a half weeks now waiting for the weather to improve so I can re build the rear calliper's.
Went to start it today and It was turning over slow so charged the battery up.
Took a photo of it on the drive with the Christmas lights reflecting of it.
20201207_204105.jpg

I went for really expensive when there was a sale on and I also had a voucher code so ended up only being expensive.

Back