• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Am I right in thinking your panel filter is the type that requires changing the filter rather than cleaning and re-using?

Love the remote control Elgrands by the way! 👍
Indeed, it will need replacing at next service. I really don't want to go down the oiled filter route, just so I completely avoid any MAF issues. I'm sure they're fine if done correctly, but with genuine Nissan MAF's like rocking horse shit, I'd rather steer clear of upsetting it.

Today I fit my new HKS panel filter. Not had chance to drive it yet, but not expecting big things. Expecting much more from my new centre box when that arrives, its like being a kid waiting for Christmas!

More excitingly I managed to bag a remote control series 2 Elgrand that I can build! It looks like my model X except I dont have sunroofs.

View attachment 43264

Cool! 😁😁
I've got the green HKS panel filter John, it breathes easier and you you get a nice little bit more induction noise.
Just wait until you've got the centre box, you'll definitely notice the difference then!! 🤩

Indeed, it will need replacing at next service. I really don't want to go down the oiled filter route, just so I completely avoid any MAF issues. I'm sure they're fine if done correctly, but with genuine Nissan MAF's like rocking horse shit, I'd rather steer clear of upsetting it.
Brilliant! Can I ask where you got it from and how much was it please John? 👍

I've got the green HKS panel filter John, it breathes easier and you you get a nice little bit more induction noise.
Just wait until you've got the centre box, you'll definitely notice the difference then!! 🤩
Can I ask where you got your panel filter from and how much was it please? 👍

Hi Russell, It was from Demon Tweeks and between £25-30.

Hi Russell, It was from Demon Tweeks and between £25-30.
I've just looked on Demon Tweeks website. They don't list any panels for a Elgrand as the Elgrand isn't listed! Did you buy one for a 350z?

Brilliant! Can I ask where you got it from and how much was it please John? 👍
I got it from ebay, conceptua performance I think the shop was called. If you search for HKS 70017-AN101 you'll find quite a few shops that sell them 👍

It was £32.95 with postage included.

I got it from ebay, conceptua performance I think the shop was called. If you search for HKS 70017-AN101 you'll find quite a few shops that sell them 👍
Cheers John... Nice one 👍

Oil change and brake fluid change today. So nice n smooth and brakes no longer spongy. I’d say that’s a win.

When I announced my name at the garage, she said “oh, you are the one with the funny one”. Yep, that’s me 👍

Oil change and brake fluid change today. So nice n smooth and brakes no longer spongy. I’d say that’s a win.

When I announced my name at the garage, she said “oh, you are the one with the funny one”. Yep, that’s me 👍
Is Duvetman really your last name?

Didn't do anything to the bus today, for obvious reasons but did come across the thread about faulty fuel sensor so emailed Nissan Japan about it and also enquired about the other 2 recalls (over fueling and front disks), just wait and see what happens now.

Nice response would be free new front disks, replace all 4 cats and black box for fuel gauge with loan car to use until cats done 🤣
One can dream 🤣🤣😂
Or I'll settle for if no loan car, a new engine if it goes before they can action the recall 😁

Brought a small folding platform so I can clean the roof......... thats a first for me!! :joy:
Better than building scaffolding to clean the roof 🤣😂

Making progress.. put bus on trickle charge as wore battery low on watching beauty and the beast with my little one 🤣

Research has suggested Elgrand battery is 60AH with 540cca. Would it cause any issues using a 50AH with 840cca battery (optima red top) battery instead?

Today I popped up to Tojo Motors and bought the panel that fits above the heater controls. The toggle had gone iffy and Steve at Tojo provided me with another panel, which I fitted in the car park (works a treat). I can't recommend Tojo highly enough and Steve is a top bloke.

Back