• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today I popped up to Tojo Motors and bought the panel that fits above the heater controls. The toggle had gone iffy and Steve at Tojo provided me with another panel, which I fitted in the car park (works a treat). I can't recommend Tojo highly enough and Steve is a top bloke.
It's one of the reasons I went for the Elgrand. There's a great user and supplier base 👍 you'll never really be short of parts or advice

Ok. Why we have to have so many pillows on our couch/bed. The difference between leggings, pantyhose, and tights.

Ladies, feel free to ask questions, and we can help 👍🤣
Lots of pillows look good to other women on Instagram.
Pantyhose is American for tights
Leggings are usually made from a thicker Lycra and you can wear them out of the house if you are going for a run, tights would look strange lol.

Hope this helps.

More excitingly I managed to bag a remote control series 2 Elgrand that I can build! It looks like my model X except I dont have sunroofs.
Hi John,
Where did you find that one and can you tell me what scale it is please? Looks like 4WD too!

Hi John,
Where did you find that one and can you tell me what scale it is please? Looks like 4WD too!
It came up for sale on the Facebook groups, snagged it as soon as I saw it 👍 I'll post some pictures when it arrives, I don't really know anything about it yet lol it does look to have 2 motors though which is cool.

Got my new tyres fitted today, but the garage broke my valve stem, so had to fit a rubber one. They are ordering a new one, so it looks like I will have to take it back next week.

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
My headlights were a bit fogged so have spent a few hours trying to buff it out, seems to be working.......just hard work!

MOT. My first the buzz's 2nd. We've added 6k miles since import, total now 21K miles. The importer from Middleborough arranged the first. Went in Monday, MOT Dave said take it away sort the fog light and bring it back Friday. I did it passed. Advisory, replace rear brake pads soon.

The fog light conversion had the original white bulb covered by a replacement lens that had a wishwashy pink tint. So I needed one of these to pass (do fleabay search if you want one) "Red bulb 12v 20w capless, 510, for rear foglamp, Nissan cube import, fog light". £6.44. I suppose this dealer's margins must be tight if they cant fork out £6.44 to do a proper job! Perhaps the lens cover faded out over 12 months? Conversely, my garage said the vehicles condition was beyond splendid.

But now hear this, I gotta big up a member;

The MOT garage owner, well experienced in all aspects of the trade, was so impressed with the undersealing job, (done 6 weeks ago), that when he found out I couldn't have seen it properly from a glance I had whilst parked up, insisted on putting it back on the lift and giving me a 5 minute guide to how well it was done. Well done @Winchester Any one would think my man was your brother in law or something! he was impressed. :joy: :joy:

MOT. My first the buzz's 2nd. We've added 6k miles since import, total now 21K miles. The importer from Middleborough arranged the first. Went in Monday, MOT Dave said take it away sort the fog light and bring it back Friday. I did it passed. Advisory, replace rear brake pads soon.

The fog light conversion had the original white bulb covered by a replacement lens that had a wishwashy pink tint. So I needed one of these to pass (do fleabay search if you want one) "Red bulb 12v 20w capless, 510, for rear foglamp, Nissan cube import, fog light". £6.44. I suppose this dealer's margins must be tight if they cant fork out £6.44 to do a proper job! Perhaps the lens cover faded out over 12 months? Conversely, my garage said the vehicles condition was beyond splendid.

But now hear this, I gotta big up a member;

The MOT garage owner, well experienced in all aspects of the trade, was so impressed with the undersealing job, (done 6 weeks ago), that when he found out I couldn't have seen it properly from a glance I had whilst parked up, insisted on putting it back on the lift and giving me a 5 minute guide to how well it was done. Well done @Winchester Any one would think my man was your brother in law or something! he was impressed. :joy: :joy:
Brilliant news.
Another @Winchester lover here, we had a CAT off him, you'd think it had come straight from Nissan! Great bloke.

Today I started something and I'm not sure I can finish, ahhhh!

Rear suspension overhaul. Shock absorber removed; everything very, very tight so took the quicker route and removed lower link outermost bolt to drop and remove spring. Can now get at drop links but seized solid, impact driver wont budge it and breaker bar rounded nut. So will have to cut off (was thinking from the "bolt" end as a bit more accessible.

I know to set the adjustable height I need the "hub" dropped to preload to set amount before fixing length of shock absorber. Question is what is the minimum I have to unbolt to get the hub to drop? Radius rod (15)? See below as really not sure of terminology used when searching other threads. Advice MUCH appreciated.

rear suspension.png

Back