• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today I started something and I'm not sure I can finish, ahhhh!

Rear suspension overhaul. Shock absorber removed; everything very, very tight so took the quicker route and removed lower link outermost bolt to drop and remove spring. Can now get at drop links but seized solid, impact driver wont budge it and breaker bar rounded nut. So will have to cut off (was thinking from the "bolt" end as a bit more accessible.

I know to set the adjustable height I need the "hub" dropped to preload to set amount before fixing length of shock absorber. Question is what is the minimum I have to unbolt to get the hub to drop? Radius rod (15)? See below as really not sure of terminology used when searching other threads. Advice MUCH appreciated.

View attachment 43497
Admire your efforts, I cant undertake such tasks, no "workshop" and I aint got a clue mate, but get another couple of posts in and you will unlock a wealth of information. What's the weather like where you are?

Lots of pillows look good to other women on Instagram.
Pantyhose is American for tights
Leggings are usually made from a thicker Lycra and you can wear them out of the house if you are going for a run, tights would look strange lol.

Hope this helps.
cheers Kermit, that's why I am getting weird looks whilst out jogging ... I should change from pantyhose to leggings.

Today I started something and I'm not sure I can finish, ahhhh!

Rear suspension overhaul. Shock absorber removed; everything very, very tight so took the quicker route and removed lower link outermost bolt to drop and remove spring. Can now get at drop links but seized solid, impact driver wont budge it and breaker bar rounded nut. So will have to cut off (was thinking from the "bolt" end as a bit more accessible.

I know to set the adjustable height I need the "hub" dropped to preload to set amount before fixing length of shock absorber. Question is what is the minimum I have to unbolt to get the hub to drop? Radius rod (15)? See below as really not sure of terminology used when searching other threads. Advice MUCH appreciated.

View attachment 43497
I recently replaced my suspension with Tein adjustable coilovers. Rear drop links undid but fronts were jammed solid. I ended up chopping them in two with a grinder. I'd suggest you cut the drop links in half then remove the ARB so you can put it in a vice and get serious. Not sure how easy it is to remove the top mounts from the upper wishbone but if you can get them off then again working with a vice will make things easier. I didn't need to undo the radius rod so not really sure what you are getting at in the last paragraph, the height of the Teins are set using a spring preload adjuster.

Reactions: Sid
Today I picked up Ed from @Winchester after undersealing, certainly felt a reduction in the drag coefficient tearing along the A31 towards Alton....

Evening All,

update on rear suspension, progress is mostly mental; acceptance that this is going to be a long job fighting with every nut and bolt so settle in, car will be on axle stands on the path for a while yet (fingers crossed for dry weather). Drop link cut and mounting from upper wishbone removed OK. Bracket not a good shape to get in with the angle grinder so drilling and then knocking the remnants of the nut off.

So tomorrow will be the anti-roll bar end, even more difficult to get at and no reason to believe it will undo so removal of the anti-roll bar (including some extra links that I can only guess are to do with the 4 WD). I needed to do the bushes anyway but wanted to try and avoid complete removal and only work on one side at a time... lets see.

some extra links that I can only guess are to do with the 4 WD
If yours is the later model with HID headlights it might be part of the height/level sensor. Mines 2WD and older model so just a thought.

If yours is the later model with HID headlights it might be part of the height/level sensor. Mines 2WD and older model so just a thought.
I was expecting those dog bone links on mine as it's HID, but there were none. Might be that the HID's were retro fitted in Japan.

I was expecting those dog bone links on mine as it's HID, but there were none. Might be that the HID's were retro fitted in Japan.
Thanks for the thoughts, a couple of pics below (not great as wasn't concentrating on this at the time) will have an investigate tomorrow but generally trying to disturb as little as possible.

IMG-1349.JPGIMG-1353.JPG

Had a go at making the seat covers for my back conversion, still to add the padding to the foam and a bit to the area around the logo.

Attachments

• 2020-11-01 20.57.48.jpg
    2020-11-01 20.57.48.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 20
Back