• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well I decided it was time to paint the wheel arch the correct colour after repairing rott and painting it white a few months back. Well rainbow paints did a fantastic job of matching the qt1 paint,then I go and f**k it up,painting number 1 coat 3 times and looked great,then painted number 2 twice and left it for 10 minutes,went out and for some damn reason part of it has drooped and left a right mess... Aaaarrrrrtgggggghhhhhh.. Well sod it,can wait til next year now..
Painting can be a bitch at times!! I've lost count of the times I've been really happy with a job only to **** it up with the last coat. The only sanctuary is that it can be rubbed down and done again. Just more time and effort....

Painting can be a bitch at times!! I've lost count of the times I've been really happy with a job only to **** it up with the last coat. The only sanctuary is that it can be rubbed down and done again. Just more time and effort....
Thanks Rob,I've had a couple of beers now so don't feel so stressed,,I've painted so many cars over the years,even did an apprenticeship many moons ago when I was 16,but hey shit happens 👍

Went to visit the LEGEND Brian, BMR and picked up a set of belts for the silver Elgrand and drop links for the white one! :) Had a nice chat as well :)

How do the Lockwood dials look, got any images you can post? Cheers ;-)
They look fine,the originals are clear molded plastic with the black face covering the front and clear raised edges which allow the light to escape the sides & reflect off the silver surrounds, the replacements are flat plastic sheet which sit behind the silver surrounds so the illumination only comes through from behind. Didn’t take any photo`s as it was getting dark & the battery is off the car.
I can take photo`s when the battery is back on showing the end result lit & unlit, but didn`t take photo`s while doing the job.

Ok cheers :)

They look fine,the originals are clear molded plastic with the black face covering the front and clear raised edges which allow the light to escape the sides & reflect off the silver surrounds, the replacements are flat plastic sheet which sit behind the silver surrounds so the illumination only comes through from behind. Didn’t take any photo`s as it was getting dark & the battery is off the car.
I can take photo`s when the battery is back on showing the end result lit & unlit, but didn`t take photo`s while doing the job.

I've never mastered painting but now have a son in law who's a paint shop manager and did his(full)apprenticeship at aston martins in newport pagnell so result!we are plannimg a bottom half respray on the fuzzwagon sometime..... 😎

Its official I hate @Karl

spent more time today cleaning my old girl.....

now i need to get the coating off the speedo cluster...what has everyone used?

Car Couture Window Cleaner started the job unintentionally…..
I used Cif formally known as Jif

I noticed that both DRLs have at least one LED out. One of them also has one LED that flickers. So that's a real pisser considering they're Ring Lyra units that cost over 60 quid two years ago.

IMG_20180907_181740_142.jpg

I want to remove and crack them open, see what's what. Might be able to swap out the LEDs who knows. Except it's pissing it down now.

Won't be buying branded again, probably could have bought 5 sets off eBay for that price, and they might last as long of not longer.

I noticed that both DRLs have at least one LED out. One of them also has one LED that flickers. So that's a real pisser considering they're Ring Lyra units that cost over 60 quid two years ago.

View attachment 8501

I want to remove and crack them open, see what's what. Might be able to swap out the LEDs who knows. Except it's pissing it down now.

Won't be buying branded again, probably could have bought 5 sets off eBay for that price, and they might last as long of not longer.
Might be worth sending Ring an email or a message on their Facebook page asking how long the warranty is & letting them know how surprised you are that their premium product only lasted 2 years ( or something similar)
Might not do any good, but won`t do any harm & may get you repair/replacement.

Slapped some trade plates on it and took it for a spin to get some petrol... (can't wait for the V5 to arrive to take it for a longer drive). Also, cleaned the windscreen of all the transportation stickers and chalky auction text.

View attachment 8501

OUCH

Back