• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I noticed that both DRLs have at least one LED out. One of them also has one LED that flickers. So that's a real pisser considering they're Ring Lyra units that cost over 60 quid two years ago.

View attachment 8501

I want to remove and crack them open, see what's what. Might be able to swap out the LEDs who knows. Except it's pissing it down now.

Won't be buying branded again, probably could have bought 5 sets off eBay for that price, and they might last as long of not longer.

That's led's for you, promise almost endless life - never actually deliver...

Replaced the cracked Jap tyres with some nice new ones, and fitted a Thule roof bar set and Thule backpack bike rack - all helped by the forum threads on these subjects to help with the decision making! Thanks guys! Tyres had lots of life left but I just wasn't happy with the cracking...... roof bars fit brilliantly and managed to get a deal on the Pro-bars so they are slightly longer (150cm) to allow me to get 2 kayaks and the slimline roofbox on.... only downside is that I need to take a hop up step to be able to load the kayaks and see in the roofbox...... and I'm 6'2"....

Replaced the cracked Jap tyres with some nice new ones, and fitted a Thule roof bar set and Thule backpack bike rack - all helped by the forum threads on these subjects to help with the decision making! Thanks guys! Tyres had lots of life left but I just wasn't happy with the cracking...... roof bars fit brilliantly and managed to get a deal on the Pro-bars so they are slightly longer (150cm) to allow me to get 2 kayaks and the slimline roofbox on.... only downside is that I need to take a hop up step to be able to load the kayaks and see in the roofbox...... and I'm 6'2"....

@Steve Thompson posted a link to a nifty little portable/removable step the other day. Have a little search for his threads maybe? :)

I bought this the other week off eBay to help clean the roof, not sure if it will hold my weight or not but worth a punt. I'll post the pictures of my teeth poking through my lip if it doesn't work, lol

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-Hot-Moki-Door-Step-Gives-You-a-Step-To-Easily-Access-Roof-Of-Car-Rooftop/192640759392?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I bought this the other week off eBay to help clean the roof, not sure if it will hold my weight or not but worth a punt. I'll post the pictures of my teeth poking through my lip if it doesn't work, lol

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-Hot-Moki-Door-Step-Gives-You-a-Step-To-Easily-Access-Roof-Of-Car-Rooftop/192640759392?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

That's the one. I was thinking about getting one - but I'll get the wife to try it first ;)

Took the wheels off and cleaned and polished both sides and tyres.
View attachment 8135
Wheel arch plastics, shockers and callipers cleaned while they were off.
All the mats, floor and seats cleaned with the carpet cleaner.
All the internal trim, dash etc cleaned.
Vents and hard to reach places done with our lasses makeup brushes lol.
Scotland tomorrow in our lasses car then Thursday wash, 2 coats of polish, black trim and glass to do then she will be ready for JAE.
How difficult to get wheel arch plastics off? Are they held on with clips or screws? If clips is it necessary to have spares if originals break? 😏

How difficult to get wheel arch plastics off? Are they held on with clips or screws? If clips is it necessary to have spares if originals break? 😏
Did not remove the arches, just gave then a clean while the wheels were off.

Just screws from what I can remember , will look to see if I took pics.

Always take pics a) to put back together b) to write how to’s on here.

Rookie mistake: It won't be faster until you straighten up the dust cap, so that the wording is horizontally parallel with the centre caps.

Turned down a set of Nismo centres to fit my new to me wheels also splashed out on new dust caps. Still no faster :(:(View attachment 8592

s-l500.jpg

There's a guy made similar on youtube,might try myself when i get time,but someone posted their concern about how strong that latch hook is???😞

Back