• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just any one know if the l200 alloys will fit my e50 I know the pcd is the same but the off set is 45 is that ok still

Blew head unit ...cd not ejecting, long story short , after several in and outs of said unit & "inspecting" eject mech did a refit ,reconnected battery ,power on & then puff of smoke from mini disc slot...oops.
DIY at its best (or worst )... Destroy It Yourself.... It's gonna be double din time ...
Radio reception was crap anyway with a very limited band range.
Are we driving the same car?
Ive had mine for a few weeks and the car loves the DVD navigation disc, hates everything else. Radio reception is good during the daytime or when the most obscure rubbish is playing on the radio.

I foolishly decided to wait. I'm now very bored. The mechanic just showed me his cut nuckles from changing the spark plugs. Haha. Almost done now.

After a 4 hour wait I'm happy with my de cat and fresh service. Unhappy that a vw amarok 4motion pulled away from me twice. Damn his 255 bhp. :triumph::triumph:

Re: The amorak... maybe it's time for some upgrades, either that or you may have to ditch the air freshener to save pulling that extra weight, lol

After a 4 hour wait I'm happy with my de cat and fresh service. Unhappy that a vw amarok 4motion pulled away from me twice. Damn his 255 bhp. :triumph::triumph:

Re: The amorak... maybe it's time for some upgrades, either that or you may have to ditch the air freshener to save pulling that extra weight, lol
I did have 2 caravan awnings in the boot plus a water container. He did only edge away mind. Do I need to add more to my long term mods list. So far. 1 decore- done.
2 stiffer suspension with possible slight drop in ride height. ( I'm used to bmw mtech stiffness. So it feels a bit leany)
3 some nice rims
4 tow bar ( I know it's not cool )
What can be done to these engines for more power?

I did have 2 caravan awnings in the boot plus a water container. He did only edge away mind. Do I need to add more to my long term mods list. So far. 1 decore- done.
2 stiffer suspension with possible slight drop in ride height. ( I'm used to bmw mtech stiffness. So it feels a bit leany)
3 some nice rims
4 tow bar ( I know it's not cool )
What can be done to these engines for more power?

Bet you forgot to put it in power mode?

Bet you forgot to put it in power mode?
I'd just had it decored. Of course I had the power button pressed🤟. I made the decision not to press it till that had been done. Plus I had it floored which would have turned it on regardless. I lifted at the speed limit though as I'm a law abiding member. 🤭:p

Back to the garage today. A strange vibration has started that get worse under braking. They have the brief of make it stop. Bushes, pads, discs, or dirt. Find it and fix it. With a please of course cause I was brung up proper. 😆

Just pick bus up from Vine Place where they replaced CV boot, anti roll bar drop links and front wishbone bushes. What a complete difference , no knocking and feels a lot better on suspension and steering. Thanks lads . By the way I supplied the parts , bought from Brian BMR.😎👍👍👍👍

Had a side light out.
Some guy in japan has had them open and put an led strip in along with angle eyes.
Could not see what was up with them and could not get in to check the wires.
So decided to remove both of the lights and check and redo the wires.
One side of the bumper had dropped about 3mm so decided to remove the bumper and headlights and get them both sorted.
20180922_181953.jpg
The headlight was dogey wires so sorted them.
The bumper was a broken clip. Araldite sorted that.
Then decided to separate the bottom grill from the bumper and install these.
20180922_183111.jpg
20180922_181818.jpg

Lights
Best to take the grill off to fit them as they are a tight fit.
Don't know if the grill can be removed without taking the bumper off.

Had a side light out.
Some guy in japan has had them open and put an led strip in along with angle eyes.
Could not see what was up with them and could not get in to check the wires.
So decided to remove both of the lights and check and redo the wires.
One side of the bumper had dropped about 3mm so decided to remove the bumper and headlights and get them both sorted.
View attachment 9007
The headlight was dogey wires so sorted them.
The bumper was a broken clip. Araldite sorted that.
Then decided to separate the bottom grill from the bumper and install these.
View attachment 9008
View attachment 9009

Look fantastic bud @dognero. Love the use of the kitchen hope you didn't have the hob on! lol

Started cleaning the interior of the white Elgrand after our long trip! Very happy with how its looking so far considering the mileage is now 230,000km! Shampooed all car mats, started cleaning the headliner/seatbelts and touched up a few leather cracks! :)

Back