• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Oh cool have you moved now then at least you'll be able to spend some time on it with it on your drive,haven't done a great deal to mine put a new gear knob on the other week and keep cleaning it that's about it
To be honest your e50 looks really nice!

I don't know how I missed this thread previously but how great, it deserves to be bumped up regularly.

Three months in to ownership of HWS 2007 S3 and loving it. Rear cats and underseal done by dealer. Only things it needed was new tyres and some boots .... Soo it's had four new all season tyres. As I intend to keep it long term I've fitted original front lower arms and will replace drop links and D bushes next month.

LPG to be installed in January and other than routine servicing nothing else is currently needed. Then the long list of what is wanted continues 😄.

The second week of ownership was a touring week around Devon. Two days ago I did a 240 mile round trip. Both around 23mpg. So far it hasn't used a drop of oil.

I've just dropped a van full of kids at Laser Quest for a surprise birthday party. I currently sit in the back, feet up, coffee in holder, watching my favourite music videos on YouTube waiting for them.

Then we are going for a picnic, camping stove and kettle will come out of the boot.

I've never had a vehicle that has provided so many options, can be instantly flexible and gives so much fun, whilst still being a reliable daily drive.
All the head scratching and angst of how to overcome some of the Jap trickery pokerey is more than worth it. Just wish I could afford another one now.

Drove perfect again today to a garage 1 mile away from the house for LPG...
81.97L for £45... 👍😎👌🏻

I had a couple of days off last week. Went up to the lakes and with a mix of motorways, b-roads and literal dirt/mud tracks, my van was a pleasure. No issues. From cruising comfortably and quietly, to twisty fast lakes roads, to crawling up muddy tracks it was brilliant. (Learning to avoid scraping my exhaust now too!)
Off out now to try the 4wd in the snow....😊

Drove perfect again today to a garage 1 mile away from the house for LPG...
81.97L for £45... 👍😎👌🏻
And where abouts is that @Phil G ??? I’ve been using one at Washington, and killingworth but neither close to me

Last edited:
Went out into the country and found slutchy ice. With 2wd it was easy to kick the rear end out with some gas. Taking it easy though it was very stable, I guess the weight helps.
With auto 4wd on, it was impossible to get the back end out, but I did manage to go sideways in style with my wife shrieking at me and the boys laughing their heads off!
I'm still running on budget tyres too. I must get round to swapping them soon...

Now I've got a dirty van again though 😞

Come on PhilG spill the beans....Where did you get LPG at 55p a litre near Durham?
Tell us .... we are your friends on here (grovel grovel)

Come on PhilG spill the beans....Where did you get LPG at 55p a litre near Durham?
Tell us .... we are your friends on here (grovel grovel)
@George322 @malcolmyz85 @Phil G
According to AutogasApp the Gulf Petrol Station in West Rainton is 54.9 ppl. One in Crook as well.
When I get my Elgrand out on the road (no delivery date yet) I may be heading that way.

That's a saving of more than £8 a tankfull on what Morrison's charge.
70 litres would be a saving of nearly £12 !!!!

Last edited:
Back