• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Drove my E51 Highwaystar to Sydney from Melbourne and back - 2000km+. A few strange noises from the front end somewhere but once I stopped and headed off again they weren't there anymore lol. Might have been running in 4WD contributed as when I switched that off it sounded better. PIT sign with associated Japanese description appeared - I tried to clear it using the instructions in the "Before You Ask" forum but it keeps coming back - machine has just been serviced and oil change AFAIK before I picked it up from the dealer. Overall a nice drive tho - have to check out a few things now to prepare for the next one 👍
On an annoying note tho someone with a bullbar nudge the rear bumper and tailgate so now my beautiful Elgrand is marked up :sob:

Took the bus out today for its first drive since collecting her on Friday as the 2 roads out of mine have been thick sheet ice.

I had to go to the supermarket and my 7 year old Son was desperate for a spin in the beast!! I may not have gone to the closest supermarket (😬) but I couldn't help myself.

What fantastic vehicles these really are. Totally effortless, what with the 3.5 V6 and being automatic! 😎

Enjoy Clarkie,
I too have found it to be infectious. Took my son out in it on Sunday (he's 33 and loved it), I tried it in Snow mode in the hope that it would be the last chance for a whole year (bring on the summer),

Had mine for coming up 3 years
30k miles added with only wear items replaced
now the daily driver as the wife’s GLC sits in the garage unused for 3 months
been used for everything from camping to transporting railway sleepers
if it lasts until may it will be officially the most reliable car I have owned beating my old rx400h Lexus which was sold after 3 years and 40k miles added
but definitely the most versatile

Took e50 for abit of a drive today , needed to had to help someone, anyway car drove great , car hasn’t had fuel in for about 4/5 months but today filled Lpg up and when walking out after paying for fuel , big big smile on my face seeing e50 front , reminded me why I bought a e50 in first place , great motor can’t wait till we get out further a field in this great buses 👍👍

Took my bus out today (for only the 3rd time since collecting her as I'm on Furlough and of course this lockdown thingy!!), to go shopping!

She drives like an absolute dream, so smooth and effortless. Caught myself looking back at her in the car park (obviously I parked miles from the shop entrance and right over the back of the car park!!)

Her reflection looks epic in shop windows too!! 😎

Took my bus out today (for only the 3rd time since collecting her as I'm on Furlough and of course this lockdown thingy!!), to go shopping!

She drives like an absolute dream, so smooth and effortless. Caught myself looking back at her in the car park (obviously I parked miles from the shop entrance and right over the back of the car park!!)

You will tend to park her as far away from other cars to save door dents ...

Drove perfect in a stupid way , driving to work in Elgrand , at a set of lights on red with a Range Rover on outside lane , lights go green and Range Rover takes off , another set of lights in about 1/4 mile on red , don’t know why but when lights go green , I boot e50 left Range Rover , not by loads but enough lol , enough for him to nearly over shoot next lights , funny how he didn’t take off at these lights , very stupid but made me laugh

Wait until you start taking photos in a busy car park people look and think your nuts :joy:

Drove perfect in a stupid way , driving to work in Elgrand , at a set of lights on red with a Range Rover on outside lane , lights go green and Range Rover takes off , another set of lights in about 1/4 mile on red , don’t know why but when lights go green , I boot e50 left Range Rover , not by loads but enough lol , enough for him to nearly over shoot next lights , funny how he didn’t take off at these lights , very stupid but made me laugh
Crazy boy racer you :joy:

🤣 people keep asking me do I live in the van lolololol did you ever cover your door cards?
Haha hows it going mate I did them ages ago but its coming off so need to re do them but I've gone off the colour anyway

Haha hows it going mate I did them ages ago but its coming off so need to re do them but I've gone off the colour anyway
Yeah I wondered how hard eating it would be, we are going to spray ours see what happens! Yeah we are good thanks had a nightmare with our relaxation in January but all sorted now. So nice to see the e50 on my drive in front of the window! How’s thjngs with you what else have you done to your e50?

Yeah I wondered how hard eating it would be, we are going to spray ours see what happens! Yeah we are good thanks had a nightmare with our relaxation in January but all sorted now. So nice to see the e50 on my drive in front of the window! How’s thjngs with you what else have you done to your e50?
Oh cool have you moved now then at least you'll be able to spend some time on it with it on your drive,haven't done a great deal to mine put a new gear knob on the other week and keep cleaning it that's about it

Back