• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Hi use my E51 Autec Rider every day, love going to work now, when I bought it back in September the guy who imported it had fitted an aftermarket exhaust system which initially sounded great but after a couple of weeks all that noise was ruining my enjoyment, so I got some original Autec parts from Steve at Tojomotors and wow what a difference it's so quiet I can't hear it change gears.

140 mile round trip to Ikea the old girl drove like a dream was a bit windy tho and with the extra weight on the way home I couldn't tell infact it drove better with the weight in with it been windy :)

Attachments

• IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 13
140 mile round trip to Ikea the old girl drove like a dream was a bit windy tho and with the extra weight on the way home I couldn't tell infact it drove better with the weight in with it been windy :)
Where's the tea lights, in the front for safety? :laughing:

Where's the tea lights, in the front for safety? :laughing:
Haha Yeh had all the fragile stuff tucked all over at the front😄even managed to fit a Mc Donald's in

Hi use my E51 Autec Rider every day, love going to work now, when I bought it back in September the guy who imported it had fitted an aftermarket exhaust system which initially sounded great but after a couple of weeks all that noise was ruining my enjoyment, so I got some original Autec parts from Steve at Tojomotors and wow what a difference it's so quiet I can't hear it change gears.
It does rather make going to and from work more exciting😀

Sweet as a nut today trundling about.

discovered the power button 🤩, renamed it the take me to the petrol station button 😱, but enjoyed every minute 😃.

More importantly that’s post No.10.. Off to the technical section 🧐

Whilst out and about today had a spotted wave by a bongo owner is this normal🥴

4 days into ownership and gone through nearly half a tank of petrol😃 Drives absolutely beautifully, engine and gearbox are the smoothest I’ve ever experienced and I used to have a 350z with same engine. Loving every second of ownership so far. Can’t help but turn around to look at it as I walk away and can’t wait to get back in it every time 😁😁 I think it’s safe to say I’m hooked 😂

Bushes, drop links ,wheel bearings, brake discs and one caliper, daisey is 15 years old and you would expect to have to do this on any car of that age.. engine wise not a single problem in 3 years of ownership, have regular services but I will shorten the time between now as she is approaching 200,000 klm..
Just out of interest, why would you choose a dealer rather than do it yourself. I'm trying to decide between the two now.
Thanks

Just out of interest, why would you choose a dealer rather than do it yourself. I'm trying to decide between the two now.
Thanks
We needed a car fast and not for a lot of patience.. more than likely paid over the odds for her but very happy ..if I had time I would had used an agent to source a car for me from Japan and the save some money, .. but your going on auction sheets n photos only ..then it’s the wait for you bus to get to the uk..then you will have to arrange transport from the dock and the necessary paper work ,then it will have to be registered with the dvla, mot , so will need a rear fog light fitted, agents and traders from the uk came arrange all that at a fee .

Last edited:
For the fourth time on the trot, "The Floozy" sailed through the MOT this week - no advisories.
New drive shaft boots needed as they were cracked, but no serious issues.
BMR has provided the boots (Thank you Brian) and they will be fitted this coming week.
For a vehicle that was first registered in 2003 this has to be good!
When I bought her in late 2016 she had 48k on the clock and that is now doubled so she has had some use.

Because my wife and I are disabled I had a Motability car for 15 years before I decided to go mad and get an Ellie.
Motability took £75 a week off me and I had a Citroen C4 Picasso which was OK as it included insurance, servicing, breakdown recovery etc.
All I had to do was buy diesel.

I spent a year deciding whether to buy a camper or not as we have kids who live miles away and we needed to be able to just stop and stay the night somewhere if either of us was ill.
I wanted a camper that would pay for itself over a reasonable period when compared with the costs of a Motability vehicle.

I looked at all the options and ruled out the VW's as they were at inflated prices for what they were and they needed to last for at least six or seven years without any major expenditure to meet my criteria.
The Ellie camper I bought met this criteria in just under four years.

I got it converted to run on LPG (Thank you Simon) and that paid for itself in just over a year.
I could still sell the Floozy and would only lose about £3k on what I paid for her. (Probably less)
Definitely one of my better decisions.
I Luv:heart: my Floozy!

Back