• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

So it that's right it makes it 54.9p for LPG or £1.45 for E10 petrol on the same forecourt?

You save £8 more filling up with 80 litres at 54.9p than at 64.9p but even at 64.9p you save £64 by running on LPG instead of petrol. Not as good as saving £74 but better than spending £116 for a tank of E10.

So it that's right it makes it 54.9p for LPG or £1.45 for E10 petrol on the same forecourt?

You save £8 more filling up with 80 litres at 54.9p than at 64.9p but even at 64.9p you save £64 by running on LPG instead of petrol. Not as good as saving £74 but better than spending £116 for a tank of E10.
54.9 is 35p cheaper than my local supplier , so roughly that’s £35:00 saving filling from empty

After mainly doing lots of little trips to school etc we had a chance to do a few decent runs over the last 48 hours:

- Quick 50 mile round trip to Carmarthen A&E for the 6-month-old who dived out of her high chair onto a stone floor. Van drove perfectly at high speed and the quality of the sound system really muffled the sound of wailing from the middle row.

- Leisurely 100 mile round trip to Swansea to see the grandmother-in-law and drop off presents. Plant pots could be safely attached to the tie-down points in the back and the cup holders cradled our drive-through beverages expertly.

- Transported three 5-year-olds from school to football club. Kept them quiet with Toy Story 4 on the screen, ample space for changing into footie kits in the back with the third row folded away, comfy seats for a snooze while I waited for them to finish.

The van performed faultlessly and was a joy to use in all three scenarios....and the baby is absolutely fine, I was just being over-cautious.

(Having said that, I spent 4 hours in a&e today having two pieces of "rusty metal grit" (dr's description, not mine) removed from my eye after tightening my aux belts) 😭

5 hour round trip to Essex & back yesterday to check in with the aged parent - effortless cruising around the M25 around the legal limit - then an early morning taxi run to pick the better half up after her works Xmas do - coolest Taxi in the county :)

Only annoyance is getting LPG reliably - theres nothing over near my Mums (Southend on Sea), Sainsburys at J22 on M25 has been broken for a couple of months now (Grrr), stopped off at Asda High Wickham on the way back home but the LPG pump is coned off, they do that quite a lot because it looks like they dont have enough staff to cope (Grrr), ended up at Grove (by Williams F1) where the LPG is 90p/L ; thats gone up 20p in the last six months. Still cheaper than E10 though :)

Currently at 158,000 kms & oil change is due any day now.

As someone who has frequented this forum with a couple of minor, and I mean minor problems with my e51, I thought it was about time to visit this section of the forum.

I usually average around 15 MPG around town with short stop start trips around town but we went to lakeside shopping centre today, a 150 mile round trip, I had filled her up before we went and on the return i filled her up with 28 litres untill it was almost spilling out. Thats a whopping 24 MPG fuel economy on a luxrious riding bus.

Now my t6 averages around 42 so its not that great economy comparatively to a more modern alternative, but thats my work horse, given the choice ill take the e51 any day of the week, i do around 60k miles a year in my work vehicle as im an engineer for a national company, so i can really tell the difference in driving fatigue, the e51 drives as any modern day luxury vehicle, not like a van at all (i have 19" wheels and run flat Pirelli 0 tyres, but no coilovers.....yet), I need to stress that I didnt drive any differently, I keep it steady at 60-70 MPH and put my foot down oftently so it wasnt like I was trying to drive in a hyper mileage economy style as some do.

This isnt the first real road test ive done, but it is the first measured one. I estimate in a full tank i could easily get 300-350 miles and thats good enough for me, perhaps if i really wanted too without putting my footdown i could manage 450-500, but if that was the case i would not of sold my old transit.

Still, I think almost 25mpg on casual driving in a 2 ton petrol truck thay bullys the air is hella impressive.

4 months of ownership and I still think its the best vehicle ive owned to date.

Nice 31 mile round trip this morning @ 02:26 to pick up daughter and her partner to take them to Newcastle International Airport. Roads were fairly quiet and I was able to open her up on some stretches. Mild wind gusts were shrugged off unlike one at 10:00 this morning which caused a slight wobble, last time I felt something like that I was driving a Luton.
We chose the Elgrand as we were looking for a smallish nice looking camper conversion. The Elgrand does that and is a comfortable drive.

Drove the kids to Veralanium, my son really enjoyed being able to watch the sat nav on the rear screen now it's all plumbed in.
Having disconnected the battery and clocks several times in the last few days the trip computer had reset itself, was showing 9.1l/km (just shy of 26mpg) by the time we got home.

Took mine for a short ride around the town to listen to my exhaust.
I am now on drying off my seat.
Love the noise so much that I don't think I will put the stereo on ever again.

Very jealous, mine sounds pony compared to that!!!! :blush::blush: :yum :yum

Oh my days that sounds epic don't need a stereo when you have that tune to listen to:heart_eyes::cool:

Sounds great Andy, I can’t remember what you did when you had the engine change or have you had one fitted since? @dognero

Sounds great Andy, I can’t remember what you did when you had the engine change or have you had one fitted since? @dognero
Steve fitted me an engine and decored the front cats ready for LPG.
He fitted a good set of rears for it's test.
Now they are off so my exhaust system is...
No front cats
No rear cats
14" centre box
Standard rider rear box.

Steve fitted me an engine and decored the front cats ready for LPG.
He fitted a good set of rears for it's test.
Now they are off so my exhaust system is...
No front cats
No rear cats
14" centre box
Standard rider rear box.
Very good 👍
Passed OK with just the rears? There was someone asking about that but think they got front ones in the end.

Very good 👍
Passed OK with just the rears? There was someone asking about that but think they got front ones in the end.
Yes. I believe you just have to warm them up a bit more.

Went for a drive yesterday which was the first outing in 4 days, just one overnight frost in that period. She started first time :)

Just starting the 3.5l beast puts a smile on my face every morning!

Back