• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

550 mile round trip to visit friends in Newquay over the weekend. The van didn't skip a beat and stood out in an absolute sea of VW Transporters and a surprising number of Alphards.

Only had it a few days but loving my Elgrand, finding any excuse to take it out 😄
At some point I really should try and figure out what all the buttons do but for now I’ll make do with the quick start guide approach 👍

Screenshot_20220412-100714_Tracksolid.jpg
208.54 miles of smooth stress free driving with my wife and two kids. Spotify on the stereo via Bluetooth and a few stops for snacks. Even treated to a bit of a sunset. I love driving my van.

View attachment 72486
208.54 miles of smooth stress free driving with my wife and two kids. Spotify on the stereo via Bluetooth and a few stops for snacks. Even treated to a bit of a sunset. I love driving my van.
Went the long way round LOL 🙂
Have you ever done this run "cross-country"?
crosscountry.png
Great roads and better views than the M5/M6, takes longer but if you're not in a hurry.....👍👍

View attachment 73064
Great roads and better views than the M5/M6, takes longer but if you're not in a hurry.....👍👍
Yup, I used to take that route frequently when I was an area sales manager, many years back.
Great roads and scenery. I had a VW Bora which was pretty boring aside from the 130bhp gttdi engine.
Company car so it got absolutely thrashed while I lived out my Colin McRae fantasies.

View attachment 73064
Yes I have done that route before and it is beautiful but... with two kids in the van and petrol costing what it does at the moment, I gave it a miss this time!

map_2022-04-22_18-46-46.jpg
We just got back from our trip. We went home via Cardigan Bay (near New Quay) where the four of us stayed in the van for about five nights. There were dolphins and sunsets and beautiful coastline. It was a truly gorgeous holiday. Almost exactly 1000km

Attachments

• 20220417_171933.jpg
    20220417_171933.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 8
Had a couple of good runs today around the Sunderland and South Tyneside areas doing 41miles in all. Even better the sun was shining for 40 of them.
Despite keeping half an eye 👀 out for other Elgrands I didn't see any.

Attachments

• IMG_20220611_200621.jpg
    IMG_20220611_200621.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 4
Drove from Fife, Scotland across France and back over 2 1/2 weeks.

2536 miles and a lot of fuel. Just over 28mpg on motorways (with and without aircon) and 21mpg climbing over bits of the Jura mountains to visit Switzerland. Ave just over 25mpg, not bad for a camper van conversion.

Absolutely no issues despite the 36deg heat.

Drove from Fife, Scotland across France and back over 2 1/2 weeks.

2536 miles and a lot of fuel. Just over 28mpg on motorways (with and without aircon) and 21mpg climbing over bits of the Jura mountains to visit Switzerland. Ave just over 25mpg, not bad for a camper van conversion.

Absolutely no issues despite the 36deg heat.
Total cost of fuel??

Total cost of fuel??
I've done this journey several times. York to South of France. Used to cost around £500- £550 to do the round trip before fuel prices went crazy.
No matter the cost even now, it's still probably cheaper than flying us and hiring a car down there Screenshot_20220701-161146_Maps.jpg

Going to tow our twin axle caravan 327 miles today.

I’d appreciate it if you all could be on standby with Jerry cans en-route from Suffolk to Devon please.

I anticipate the first can will be needed somewhere in Essex.

Lovely thread this. I left the Facebook Elgrand group because I was fed up with all the negative posts.

Just back from 4 night stay on the Isle of Wight via ferry from Southampton. Two firsts: - first time playing music with the new 6.5" Rockford Fosgate P165-SI speakers recently fitted. What a difference! And first time using a drive away awning kit so we could use the van during the day - no idea why we have not done this before. No issues whatsoever - saw quite a few Alphards on the M3.20220630_121944.jpg

Back