• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Lovely thread this. I left the Facebook Elgrand group because I was fed up with all the negative posts.

Just back from 4 night stay on the Isle of Wight via ferry from Southampton. Two firsts: - first time playing music with the new 6.5" Rockford Fosgate P165-SI speakers recently fitted. What a difference! And first time using a drive away awning kit so we could use the van during the day - no idea why we have not done this before. No issues whatsoever - saw quite a few Alphards on the M3.View attachment 76306
Lovely set up!

The dogs looking at you like 'jeez your friggin obsessed with that thing' 😆.

Yea I just keep seeing Alphards everywhere.

Going to tow our twin axle caravan 327 miles today.

I’d appreciate it if you all could be on standby with Jerry cans en-route from Suffolk to Devon please.

I anticipate the first can will be needed somewhere in Essex.
Have a great drive and a great holiday!

From Bristol to Edgbaston and back, didn't miss a beat. Kept it around 65mph on the motorway. I have a tentbox on the roofbars so the aerodynamics are even worse than normal. £21 in LPG, 24mpg, cheaper to run than my Diesel Golf

Lovely smooth drive to Tewkesbury Abbey campsite. Last two tanks of premium have been Esso 99 and I swear she runs better on it (than the Sainsbury's premium) although this morning it cost me £121 for 58 litres which stings a bit 😳IMG_20220702_173140456_HDR.jpg

Use mine as a daily driver so does local runs Monday to Friday, school run etc, probably only around 30miles in total usually Monday to Friday. 2 Runs to my daughter's home and back on a Saturday (about 100 miles every Saturday) and usually have a drive to the coast on Sundays (on average another 160 miles). Also used as the holiday vehicle and pulls my large caravan maybe 1000 miles on average per year, plus another 1000 miles of driving about while on holiday. Only problem I've had with this black Elgrand is a flat tyre, noisy aftermarket exhaust and the usual maintenance (brake pads etc). Runs on LPG (obviously lol) and with it's large LPG tank I hardly ever use any petrol, most weeks I fill the LPG tank just once but I haven't run out of LPG before I refill the LPG tank. More economical than many smaller diesel vehicles.

Think I might fit an additional easily removable LPG tank behind the back seats before towing my caravan this year, then it should have enough range on LPG to do the full 350miles to Newquay towing the caravan (at anywhere between 11 and maybe 14mpg depending on how quickly I tow lol because it uses a lot more fuel with the caravan on the back) without needing to stop for fuel. If I do fit an extra tank it will be very easy to disconnect and remove it whenever I like. But I might end up leaving it in most of the time, that way I'd have range on LPG of maybe 700 miles before needing to refuel once every 2 or 3 weeks instead of (just) 350 miles and once per week (with mixed driving of around 290 miles per week on average).

Last edited:
Had my Elgrand a month or so and took her out for her longest drive to date yesterday. Heywood - Lancs to Peterborough and back. It's a totally different way of driving than I am used to. I was an 75 to 80 on the motorway guy before but theres no rush about me now I am so chilled driving this car and nothing can seem to make me angry. Doing a solid 60 to 65 or so down the A1 and back in an armchair was such a pleasure. I got home late last night and just didnt feel like I had just done 300 miles at 15mph slower than I would usually. Yes the consumption is pants we all know that but when people say you get more smiles to the gallon its totally 100% true. Looking forward to getting my LPG tank fitted by Simon in November so the consumption can be less of a problem to me as well!

Also worthy of note I nipped out to collect something around 12-1pm or so before I left and when I came off the M60 at J18 (Swinton) there was a guy there on the hard shoulder next to a Bongo in a bad way :( I felt bad for him obviously but glad I went for an Elgrand after initally considering the Bongo myself!

Took Errol up to Birmingham Friday night, camped out, then Saturday drove back to Wycombe via Corby skatepark

440km and still not finished the tank of LPG yet - admittedly I was mostly driving slow n steady but as mentioned above I’m much more relaxed cruising gently in my mobile lounge.

Accidentally pushed the rear window switch for the first time earlier and it worked! Was very happy that it also closed & so I’ll be doing my best not to touch it again 😂

Following on from comments about only seeing negative posts or threads about problems on forums. Here's a thread to post your happy motoring days 😁
A quick 'driven x amount of miles with no problems' will do 👍🏻
Let's combat the negativity and get a sense of the amount of trouble free motoring that many enjoy 😎
Mine is still languishing on a boat.
in uk Sunday with a bit of luck 👍
Hi. Newbie here. Hope your Elgrand arrives safely!

Is this the Forum fight's back...😊
we are happy & positive,no negatives👍
Hi. Newbie on forum. Looking to buy a 2007 Nissan Elgrand Highway Star 2.5L 4WD part-leather interior. December 2007. 76,500 Miles. MNE51 -160368 chassis no. Recent import to UK. Price £7000. Any advice. Pros and cons appreciated.

Hi. Newbie on forum. Looking to buy a 2007 Nissan Elgrand Highway Star 2.5L 4WD part-leather interior. December 2007. 76,500 Miles. MNE51 -160368 chassis no. Recent import to UK. Price £7000. Any advice. Pros and cons appreciated.
Your not big and your not clever mate.

Hi. Newbie here. Hope your Elgrand arrives safely!

Hi. Newbie on forum so adding required chats to access Technical. Hope you don't mind !

Hi. Newbie on forum so adding required chats to access Technical. Hope you don't mind !

Hi. Newbie on forum so adding required chats to access Technical. Hope you don't mind ! Looking to buy a 2007 Nissan Elgrand Highway Star 2.5L 4WD part-leather interior. December 2007. 76,500 Miles. MNE51 -160368 chassis no. Recent import to UK. Price £7000. Any advice. Pros and cons appreciated.

CON spamming wont help you as they will all be deleted and you will have to start again.
Pro Pay £12 and you can have it all now and more.
@Reverend RobP

Another positive post, drove from Leicestershire to the Norfolk coast, fully loaded 4 adult 2 children dragging a trailer for our holiday, drove there and back with no problems, even though I was a little concerned about the outside temperature. Air con worked to keep car nice and cool. And what's even better only used £85 of fuel (that's including driving around for the week I was away) got to love LPG.

Following on from comments about only seeing negative posts or threads about problems on forums. Here's a thread to post your happy motoring days 😁
A quick 'driven x amount of miles with no problems' will do 👍🏻
Let's combat the negativity and get a sense of the amount of trouble free motoring that many enjoy 😎
Mine's been off the road for a week short of 12months.today was a good day opened the windows flaps at the back and they both worked even closing on the switch.🏁

Back