• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Longest drive so far yesterday south west Scotland to north Norfolk .65 on motorway air con on half the way it got up to 31.5 degrees at one point .
Managed 10km/l very happy with that .
345miles with around 60km left in tank at fill up . My conversion came back with 28mpg I could be wrong though for a 3.5 fully loaded am still happy .
Bus never missed a beat a pleasure to drive 8hrs in 😁

Drove mine to garage today for mot , collected a hour later with a mot pass and no advisory’s , not bad for a 21 year old car . Still puts a smile on my face every time I drive one . It’s all about spm(smile per mile) not mpg
Enjoy your buses

Drove mine to garage today for mot , collected a hour later with a mot pass and no advisory’s , not bad for a 21 year old car . Still puts a smile on my face every time I drive one . It’s all about spm(smile per mile) not mpg
Enjoy your buses
Nice one mate

Not today but everyday other day for the last 2 1/2 weeks - down to the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen and down through France all the way to Toledo in central Spain, and then back via the Rioja mountains to the Santander ferry to Plymouth and home to north London. A very comfortable 1,900 miles for the family on mostly great roads, the odd steep hill and dirt tracks. Belt squeaked a bit on start-up on occasion, especially after running too many electrical things in the first ferry queue (lesson learned) and the underseal was melting and dripping off the bottom anywhere over about 37 degrees. Family already planning where to go next year...

Been away for a week in Skegness. First family holiday using the Elgrand. We didnt sleep in the Elgrand we had a static caravan but it was great all the same. Never had so much available room when packing the car. We moved the rear seats out of the way and we had massive amounts of space for all our stuff and the kids stuff no packing tetris necessary like we used to have to do. Once we got there and unpacked we dropped the rear seats back down and this enabled us to take my mum and dad with us when we all went out somewhere. It really is just a perfect car I am glad I did my research and got one in the end. Definately needed the LPG conversion to make it the ultimate family car but now thats done thats exactly what it is. When I got home on Saturday I gave it a much needed and very overdue wash. Wasn't quite as nice as the day I collected it but I did the best I could :)

Attachments

• Elgrand.jpg
    Elgrand.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 7
I’ve just got back from a week in Ingoldmells ( Skeggy), drove perfect as usual and she returned an average of 28 mpg ( not too bad for a 2.5 ltr weighing what she does—- first time I’ve checked the mpg since buying her)
Also fell in love with my Tom Tom all over again ( realised she is someone else to argue with when the wife falls asleep):heart_eyes:

From Bristol to Edgbaston and back, didn't miss a beat. Kept it around 65mph on the motorway. I have a tentbox on the roofbars so the aerodynamics are even worse than normal. £21 in LPG, 24mpg, cheaper to run than my Diesel Golf
Hi Scaramanga, I'm considering getting a Tentbox also. What tent and roof bar combo do you have? I have Yakima Whispbar that has a 50kg max load for my E51 so was thinking of the Tentbox Lite. Interested to know how you get on with yours. I'm assuming the load weight is the dynamic load weight and not static as you wouldn't be able to sleep inside the thing.
Hope to hear back. Cheers.

E51 with the 3.5l 145,000 kms on the clock and I have had 2 years of trouble free motoring 😁

A few entertainment system gremlins and it uses a bit of oil but nothing really to complain about

I even took it through the carwash and really tested the sunroof drain lines the other day 🤣 (all good)

Took my Elgrand to Charlton today for work, after i smashed my wing mirror off a stationary pillar on my daily commuter (dont ask!) 170+ mile round trip with a crappy ULEZ charge (I do know I can get an exemption, I just dont plan on driving to london often).
Filled her up early this morning and still got over half a tank left. The machines happy doing motorway miles at 60, didnt skip a beat, would dare say high 20 MPGs, wish I got that around doors haha.

Took the e51 a nice hour long drive to a lake for some paddle boarding. Held all the gear with ease and the dog slept well on the return trip home.

Back