• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

My Elgrand drove perfect today!!!

Following on from comments about only seeing negative posts or threads about problems on forums. Here's a thread to post your happy motoring days 😁
A quick 'driven x amount of miles with no problems' will do πŸ‘πŸ»
Let's combat the negativity and get a sense of the amount of trouble free motoring that many enjoy 😎
Rev I'm sure with your power of prayer Gordon Ramsay tag teaming with cliff Goodwin will smash it out of the park at the yakushi show.they'll get there problems or not

Following on from comments about only seeing negative posts or threads about problems on forums. Here's a thread to post your happy motoring days 😁
A quick 'driven x amount of miles with no problems' will do πŸ‘πŸ»
Let's combat the negativity and get a sense of the amount of trouble free motoring that many enjoy 😎
Just sayin',Yakushi triple threat, Gordon Ramsay, cliff Goodwin and the dirty burgers

Another positive one from me. Friday 15th July I collected my newly LPG converted E51 Series 2 from Simon. What an absolute hero Simon is doing all these Elgrands one after an other for people. His carbon footprint must look pretty damn good!

So anyway I live about an hour away from Simon so I drove her back home to Heywood (about 60 miles) and I swear it seemed to drive slightly better than it did already unless I was imagining it lol. Saturday I went off to Widnes and back for a hockey game (about 70 miles) and then Sunday I took the family to Todmorden park for a picnic and a bit of a wander (passed another Elgrand on the way home and waved but no idea if they saw me) (probably another 30 miles or so but all road no motorway). Monday night after work (15 miles) I went to the LPG garage right near my office I had already scoped out while Simon was converting me and paid a mere Β£39.50 to fill the tank back up! Wow the first of money saving fill ups at 22/23p per mile by my estimations.

I absolutely love driving my Elgrand but being honest the cost was souring my enjoyment somewhat. Now I am feeling great about it being affordable too :)

Wow, that's cheap, or was that half a tank? shame it's £0.89 - £1 down here 😒 and we have a refinery on our doorstep too..robing bstards

Wow, that's cheap, or was that half a tank? shame it's £0.89 - £1 down here 😒 and we have a refinery on our doorstep too..robing bstards
It wasnt for a full tank. I filled the tank up but there was some left in it when I went to fill up. I paid 79p/ltr and I paid Β£39.50. Adding up my miles I had done since picking it up I had done 175 miles so Β£39.50/175 gives me 22.5p per mile. I know its not precise science by any means as its my first fill up but defo alot cheaper than I was paying for E5!

Another beautiful chilled cruise today, this time to Uphill Marina campsite near Weston super Mare. Here for 4 nights, cloudy now but still hot and humid, forecast some sun next couple of days but scorching on Friday.. when I'm back at work 😫IMG_20220724_145002815_HDR.jpgIMG_20220724_151617897_HDR.jpgIMG_20220724_152257151_HDR.jpg

I only topped up on the way back with E10.....Texaco refinery in Pembroke just down the road, guessing lower cost. Refineries are setting the cost ???

Drove from Plymouth to clarks village then to Cardiff for the lion King tomorrow. Such a comfy easy ride & never missed a beat. Gonna be a nice drive home tomorrow aswell 😁

Drove from Plymouth to clarks village then to Cardiff for the lion King tomorrow. Such a comfy easy ride & never missed a beat. Gonna be a nice drive home tomorrow aswell 😁
I bought a 3.5 rider because I liked the look of it and knew nothing about it, I liked the interior unlike every other car maker who insist it should be black the lighter colour makes it a nicer place to be. Just don't drive yourself mad trying to stop every 20 year old panel rattle. Find a road out in the sticks, open all the windows and sunroofs and let it roll on tick over if you wanna chill out. Check out uk pubs with motorhomes and campervan stopovers Facebook page,loads of them are Β£10 a night but if you have a meal or drinks then it's free parking,all you have to do is phone ahead to see if they can fit you in

Another big positive Elgrand weekend for me. Been running on LPG for a month or so now and it realy came into its own this weekend. Wigan and back Saturday morning for some FOC aftercare from @Just Japanese then Liverpool and back Saturday afternoon. Filled up with LPG at a Morrisons in Liverpool before coming home and then Sunday we were off to Lincolnshire to Cadwell Park race track. We were fully loaded with 4 adults 4 kids and some gear at the back as well and the Elgrand didnt struggle at all. Yeah I noticed it was much heavier round the country road bends but I just took it a bit easier and all was fine.

When we got there I made first use of my vapour take off fitted by @Lpgc and got a table, windbreak and cooker setup under the tailgate and made a nice cup of tea and a few more during the day as well. The weather was glorious, the racing was exiting and a great day was had by all.

Got home after 10pm so was a long day but didnt feel too bad after driving my mobile armchair there and back! One negative in the day was the garage I had planned to fill up with LPG at the pump after leaving Cadwell was out of order so I had to play the 'when will I run out of lpg' game on the way home. The answer was I didnt; it just made it! It ran out on the way to work this morning so I will fill her up after work tonight as I have an lpg supplier right near my office. I used the trip counter to see how many miles I got and it was 485km with is pretty much 300 miles. I dont think thats bad at all considering we were fully loaded with 8 plus gear for nearly all those miles as well plus I had boiled about 4 kettles on it as well. I dont know how to quantifiy the 4 kettle boils but I budgeted about 300 miles anyway and it did that so I am happy!

Back