• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

Hmm, not sure then, sorry.
If you do get a new set, depending on how old your servo is, you might find that it doesn't fit in the new receiver.
I'm sure there is probably an adapter, but I had a broken ESC with the newer type plug, so just cut the plugs off and swapped them.
Didn't think about the servo and receiver compatibility tbh.... Is swapping the connectors easy enough to do?

Didn't think about the servo and receiver compatibility tbh.... Is swapping the connectors easy enough to do?
Yeah, they seem to function in the same way (3 wires into a box) the old plug was just slightly too big to fit into it.
I just snipped the plug off the old ESC leaving an inch or 2 of wire, then did the same with the servo. Then just stripped and twisted the wires together. It's possible that you could just shave the sides a bit though.

Well done! Those are just the worst fixes..
It was frustrating 😤 but after that I did the fun stuff... The guy had the front suspension upside down.... The steering rods were virtually splitting the car in two and the motor was totally loose.... Thankfully no damage done to any of the inner workings.
Looking forward to giving it a spin tomorrow

Just treated myself to the Tamiya Monster Beetle!... I've got a bit of a wish list building to do 😂

You lucky boy, im very jealous! lol

I here theres a way of improving the gearbox from flexing and causing damage to the gears, apparently this was a problem back in the day with the gearbox casie flexing!
I was gunna look into it more when I start restoring my Blackfoot! Im pretty sure there are some cheap mods on ebay for this problem and might be worth doing bud just to make your beast last longer!! o_O

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Do-You-H...867533?hash=item4b8af5200d:g:CksAAOSwbPldqMCk

Be warned, if you look at this link it could get EXPENSIVE! lol Some lovely upgrades for the Beetle/Blackfoot!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/cooper81...kusAAOSwippf~mhi&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Last edited:
You lucky boy, im very jealous! lol

I here theres a way of improving the gearbox from flexing and causing damage to the gears, apparently this was a problem back in the day with the gearbox casie flexing!
I was gunna look into it more when I start restoring my Blackfoot! Im pretty sure there are some cheap mods on ebay for this problem and might be worth doing bud just to make your beast last longer!! o_O

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Do-You-H...867533?hash=item4b8af5200d:g:CksAAOSwbPldqMCk

Be warned, if you look at this link it could get EXPENSIVE! lol Some lovely upgrades for the Beetle/Blackfoot!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/cooper813/m.html?item=133635974745&hash=item1f1d532659:g:kusAAOSwippf~mhi&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Cheers mate! I did read somewhere about problems with the gear box flex... And I've seen a few with mods and aluminium braces! I wondered what they were for! Now I know. I will have a good look and see what people have done to fix theirs, I certainly won't be buying all those parts from the USA link 🙈 the postage will be extreme 🤣.

I've just fitted the 540 motor to my holiday buggy! It's like a bloody rocket now in comparison to the stock motor.

Nice one @tonymorrell cheers for that bud!

Just got my poor 77 year old mother digging through my wardrobe at my parents! lol
Blackfoot and Sand Rover ready for restoration when I can get back to the UK!!!

Just got my poor 77 year old mother digging through my wardrobe at my parents! lol
My mother binned all my old stuff years... Original grasshopper and holiday buggy was amongst it.... The star wars toys were the biggest insult of all 🙈.
But she made a lovely guest room that no one has ever stayed in 🤣

My mother binned all my old stuff years... Original grasshopper and holiday buggy was amongst it.... The star wars toys were the biggest insult of all 🙈.
But she made a lovely guest room that no one has ever stayed in 🤣

I need to tempt you all away from this retro kit and get you onto Losi’s and X-Maxx’s
Jumping over the kids

Haha my wardrobe was like a time capsule took me all the way back to my young teens! lol My mum has even kept my Big Trak!! lol
@Tibs I love the Losi's mate but theres just something about Tamiya's! I know their not the best build quality compared to Losi but they bring back the big kid in me! lol Maybe one day I'll own a Losi! I am currently getting my Hong Nor X1 CRT back on the road, bit similar to the looks of Losi!

Sounds like you need this: ;)
IMG_20210311_183528.jpg
IMG_20210311_183628.jpg
Brings back memories...

Hmm Ofna, love the smell of nitro fuel burning at 40k rpm :) I have so far resisted typing the words “Tamiya” into eBay. It’s getting harder the longer this post goes on...

Sounds like you need this: ;)
View attachment 50633
View attachment 50634
Brings back memories...

Hmm Ofna, love the smell of nitro fuel burning at 40k rpm :) I have so far resisted typing the words “Tamiya” into eBay. It’s getting harder the longer this post goes on...
Wow wow wow @blingo I need that after looking at the Sand Rover today through an iphone on facetime with my mum who is 77!! lol I had to keep telling her to move the camera towards the subject bless her! lol
@Tibs you know you want to!!! I am driving my partner crazy looking at RC stuff, first it was the Elgrand now Im on to this, it becomes an addiction like the Elgrands! lol Saw one youtube vid and the guy had 175 cars, my partner thinks im mad having 6!!!
Oh I forgot to also mention I also have an addiction to Sinclair C5!!
Yes 38,000 rpm 2.5hp engine I have it screams!! lol Its name in the USA is OFNA/JAMMIN, UK market was Hong Nor.
Just bought some aluminium chassis braces for it but unfortunately the front one is to short! Took a chance buying ones for an X2 CR, back one is fine but not the front!

Wow wow wow @blingo I need that after looking at the Sand Rover today through an iphone on facetime with my mum who is 77!! lol I had to keep telling her to move the camera towards the subject bless her! lol
@Tibs you know you want to!!! I am driving my partner crazy looking at RC stuff, first it was the Elgrand now Im on to this, it becomes an addiction like the Elgrands! lol Saw one youtube vid and the guy had 175 cars, my partner thinks im mad having 6!!!
Oh I forgot to also mention I also have an addiction to Sinclair C5!!
Yes 38,000 rpm 2.5hp engine I have it screams!! lol Its name in the USA is OFNA/JAMMIN, UK market was Hong Nor.
Just bought some aluminium chassis braces for it but unfortunately the front one is to short! Took a chance buying ones for an X2 CR, back one is fine but not the front!
Funny how you compared them to Elgrands - there are so many parrallels between toy and real cars!

Most disturbing is the reality that (in a monetary sense) it is usually better breaking a project car for parts than selling whole - just like the real things! And like in real car life, I can never be bothered to do that either...

Need to check what I've actually got but suspect it's nearer 2 complete rovers so probably not what you are looking for for bits for a restoration...

Back