• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

Well that didn't go too well....
New receiver fitted, servo wires bodged to fit, new battery charged. All ready to go...
Switch on, 5 seconds later ESC blows, fusing the connectors to the battery ☹️
New ESC and battery ordered, so will try again on the weekend.

You're telling me...New body shell, tyres, various other bits and pieces, then having spent the night on 'Tamiyabase', I've now decided not to use the new shell on my vintage Sand Scorcher as I bought it new in the late 70s so I know it is all original and just needs a repaint and a bit of tlc.
Now looking for another chassis/running gear to put my new shell on!

Love the Sand Scorcher mate!! Defo worth keeping it original and looked after, maybe your 1st shelf queen! lol
A good one ebay normally goes for over 400, so defo look after it! haha
Would love to see some pictures!

Well that didn't go too well....
New receiver fitted, servo wires bodged to fit, new battery charged. All ready to go...
Switch on, 5 seconds later ESC blows, fusing the connectors to the battery ☹️
New ESC and battery ordered, so will try again on the weekend.

I know that feeling mate, they have changed quite a bit since the 80's!
My son took his apart to clean it, put it all back together and now it doesn't work! lol
I think its something to do with the 2.4Ghz transmitter and receiver binding as he unplugged everything and now it doesn't register steering or throttle!

Lol! Last night I bought a new shell for my Sand Scorcher...damn that red wine!

You're telling me...New body shell, tyres, various other bits and pieces, then having spent the night on 'Tamiyabase', I've now decided not to use the new shell on my vintage Sand Scorcher as I bought it new in the late 70s so I know it is all original and just needs a repaint and a bit of tlc.
Now looking for another chassis/running gear to put my new shell on!

Check this one out @Elgrandpa! If I have a spare 425 euros this would be one of my dream Tamiya's as a shelf queen! lol

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-...bug-motorblok-en-details.html?previousPage=lr

I'm back in the game! My Holiday Buggy arrived today! And so did the battery... the dog will get tortured later when I chase him around the house.... Its got a couple of battle scars and needs the paintwork finishing but that's part of the fun.
Just waiting for the motor upgrade to arrive now.

Nice! Hope it goes better than my last attempt 😀
My bits and pieces have all arrived, I'm going to start with just getting it running for now.
I do have a new set of plastic gears to go with a 15 turn motor and 12T pinion, which I'll try next week. I'm pretty sure it will all tear itself apart, but will be fun 🤣
@tonymorrell what motor upgrade did you go for?

Nice! Hope it goes better than my last attempt 😀
My bits and pieces have all arrived, I'm going to start with just getting it running for now.
I do have a new set of plastic gears to go with a 15 turn motor and 12T pinion, which I'll try next week. I'm pretty sure it will all tear itself apart, but will be fun 🤣
@tonymorrell what motor upgrade did you go for?
I've gone for a SURPASS HOBBY 540 17T Brushed Motor. It was just over £10 so nothing lost if it doesn't make much difference.... But should be better than the stock motor.
I also bought a new RC 32DP steel pinion that's compatible for the new motor. Fingers crossed 🤞 it works 😂

This is my TA01 as it now stands. I just tried the new battery and nothing caught on fire! 😀
20210306_094340.jpg
It needs a good clean, and it's still running original tyres (i did order some, but didn't know they came I packs of 2 not 4🤣)
Once I know it's actually running, it's going to have a full strip down, and I'll replace all gears and bearings.

I'm having trouble with mine already 😔 can't get the transmitter and receiver to connect with the speed controller.... Driving me nuts! All I get is a red flashing light and a beeping. But without spares I can illminate the problem.
Think the transmitter is goosed but not 100% sure.
Does anyone know a good link to potential fixes?

Which speed controller are you using?
My last one needed setting up before it would work. Most manuals seem to be online.
If I remember correctly, when I turned it on I need to press and hold the set button within 3 seconds. Then throttle forward, set. Throttle back, set, then neutral, set.

Which speed controller are you using?
My last one needed setting up before it would work. Most manuals seem to be online.
If I remember correctly, when I turned it on I need to press and hold the set button within 3 seconds. Then throttle forward, set. Throttle back, set, then neutral, set.
I've tried all that but can't get past the bleeping... Apparently its an indicator that its not recieving any transition.... I'm tempted to buy a new transmitter and receiver as the ones with the car are still running on crystals

Hmm, not sure then, sorry.
If you do get a new set, depending on how old your servo is, you might find that it doesn't fit in the new receiver.
I'm sure there is probably an adapter, but I had a broken ESC with the newer type plug, so just cut the plugs off and swapped them.

Does the transmitter/receiver still function with the steering servo? That might show whether the radio gear is working or not.

I assume you checked that the crystals match as well?

Does the transmitter/receiver still function with the steering servo? That might show whether the radio gear is working or not.

I assume you checked that the crystals match as well?
Crystal's match.... But there is no communi action between the transmitter and receiver in any way. So its got me stumped

Back