• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

My mother binned all my old stuff years... Original grasshopper and holiday buggy was amongst it.... The star wars toys were the biggest insult of all
Jeez!...that almost makes me cry! Some 'bin man' must have had a great day...

I have so far resisted typing the words “Tamiya” into eBay. It’s getting harder the longer this post goes on...
Go on...you know you want to! Only 58,524 hits for Tamiya....

Missed out on a complete 1981 Sand Rover in great condition!! Guy sold it for 150 euros!! :sob::sob:

I still have my original Tamiya Sand Scorcher RC car and Rough Rider body kit to swap to for a change along with another Tamiya buggy (can't remember which one at the moment). Also an AYK Big March, anyone remember them?
I had the Rough Rider and my mate had the Sand Scorcher, my first RC car was a Mardave if anyone remembers them.

Missed out on a complete 1981 Sand Rover in great condition!! Guy sold it for 150 euros!! :sob::sob:

I have stopped looking 🙈 I've spent my budget this month 🤣.... Sand Scorcher for me next though

Like I said, there is a newer version,
Even the re-releases fetch a lot of money if new. I'm looking for a used chassis for one but they've got the 'Sand Scorcher tax' on them like the VW transporters! Although unlike the VWs, the Tamiya's are probably worth it!
I always want the Mardave Mini and stock car as around 1980 they looked like a lot of fun (and still do).

Missed out on a complete 1981 Sand Rover in great condition!! Guy sold it for 150 euros!!
I know re-releases aren't held in the same esteem as the originals but check out 'elitemodelsonline' as in @diable's post above. They have the Holiday Buggy for £94.99! I've not checked anywhere else but it seems a good price.

Even the re-releases fetch a lot of money if new. I'm looking for a used chassis for one but they've got the 'Sand Scorcher tax' on them like the VW transporters! Although unlike the VWs, the Tamiya's are probably worth it!
I always want the Mardave Mini and stock car as around 1980 they looked like a lot of fun (and still do).

Elitemodels are taking pre orders, £309 isn't that bad to be honest.

This is the Mardave that I had, the same engine was used in a plane and an air boat, Plane used on the Scrubs, boat on a lake/pond at near Hampton Court and the car once in while at a place near Chessington.

RC2DSCg.jpg

Mardave Mini

I know re-releases aren't held in the same esteem as the originals but check out 'elitemodelsonline' as in @diable's post above. They have the Holiday Buggy for £94.99! I've not checked anywhere else but it seems a good price.

Man that takes me back some years! I remember the Mardave Mini, also really wanted one as well!
Like the Holiday Buggy but its not the oriiginal.... theres just something more special about the older models!!
In the past 2 weeks I have seen 4 Tamiya 58026 Renault 5 Gt Turbos in The Netherlands for sale; 1 Tamiya Golf GT 58025 at 525 euros 1 Tamiya Porsche 935 58002 at 700 euros! One is a Barnfind which is currently at 300 euros!!
My god if I had endless cash I could have probably got a quarter of the Tamiya Vintage range!! The Dutch defo look after their cars as well, the Porsche from 1977 is like its just come out of the box! The Golf is in the box with the shell still unpainted and like new!!!!l

I know where your coming from @Richard Fox with owning the vintage stuff (wish I could afford it) ... But the price tags on some of them is unreal. I was watching an original Holiday Buggy in very poor shape. And it double what I paid for my re-release.
Think I'm quite happy with just grabbing a slice of memorabilia that I can play with and not worry if I break it 😂 already broke the roof pillars on my buggy and it's only been a week 😂😂

Are the good times of the 80's with the RC Cars!!!

Love this comment from this youtube vdeo!!

I think part of the problem these days is most Tamiya owners are in their 30/40s, and in these increasingly self conscious times are afraid they'll look a bit of a prune stood outside their house playing with a toy car - not something any of us would have been at all concerned about when we were 13...!!! Not so much of an issue if you can get a group of 'big kids' together, but that's far from easy as you get older - most of my peers are far too 'sensible', or at least they like to think they are...

Love it.... Im that idiot in his 40's lol I even use my Sinclair C5's today!!! 😀

Are the good times of the 80's with the RC Cars!!!

Love this comment from this youtube vdeo!!

I think part of the problem these days is most Tamiya owners are in their 30/40s, and in these increasingly self conscious times are afraid they'll look a bit of a prune stood outside their house playing with a toy car - not something any of us would have been at all concerned about when we were 13...!!! Not so much of an issue if you can get a group of 'big kids' together, but that's far from easy as you get older - most of my peers are far too 'sensible', or at least they like to think they are...

Love it.... Im that idiot in his 40's lol I even use my Sinclair C5's today!!! 😀
A lot more are in their 50's and yes you are correct about standing outside the house or in the park as in this day and age you don't want to attract a load of people.

I am tempted with this.

A lot more are in their 50's and yes you are correct about standing outside the house or in the park as in this day and age you don't want to attract a load of people.

I am tempted with this.

This looks awesome... Standard Beetle Blitzer upgrade 😍

Back