• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

This is the Mardave that I had, the same engine was used in a plane and an air boat, Plane used on the Scrubs, boat on a lake/pond at near Hampton Court and the car once in while at a place near Chessington.
Was that lake in Bushy Park by any chance?...lots of guys used to take their R/C boats/submarines over there.

Hi there. I have been into R/C cars for a long time. Raced all over the country. I have raced and built 1/12 1/10 and 1/8 scale and on road and off road. So there isn’t much I haven’t done! But if I built a radio controlled Elgrand but I am more into racing than bashing.

Hi there. I have been into R/C cars for a long time. Raced all over the country. I have raced and built 1/12 1/10 and 1/8 scale and on road and off road. So there isn’t much I haven’t done! But if I built a radio controlled Elgrand but I am more into racing than bashing.
You must have bumped in to Phil Greeno then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately my Elgrand's have been a little neglected since this obsession with RC cars!
Thinking about it, I've not touched my Elgrand since I started rebuilding my models!

Does anyone know if it's safe to try and charge a 40 odd year old ni-cad battery? I don't expect it to work, but I'm just curious if it could be resurrected.

Does anyone know if it's safe to try and charge a 40 odd year old ni-cad battery? I don't expect it to work, but I'm just curious if it could be resurrected.
Ni-cad yes it will be fine. But do it whilst you are awake :)

My god I have just seen one of these for sale didn't last long before someone snapped it up!! All complete brand new in the box from 1980!!! The guy hasn't even installed the original resistor speed controller!!!

https://tamiyabase.com/tamiya-models/58022

10pm impulse/boredom purchase made!
God I can relate to this...add red wine into the equation and you've got a recipe for a divorce! You won't believe how many times I've prayed for the postman to arrive before she gets back from walking the dog!

God I can relate to this...add red wine into the equation and you've got a recipe for a divorce! You won't believe how many times I've prayed for the postman to arrive before she gets back from walking the dog!
She most probably takes the dog for a walk around to her friends house to pick up the shoes, handbags and clothes that she doesn't want you to know that she is buying, women are far more devious then men ;o))))))) so check when she leaves the house to see if she returns home in the same clothes, shoes and handbag that she left the house in.

Back