• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
After many many years I thought it would be nice to get back into the RC car world!
I currently own:

Hong Nor/Jammin/OFNA X1 CRT Nitro (currently needs some extra parts)
Tamiya TT02B Plasma Edge 2
Tamiya TT02B Neo Scorcher
Tamiya TB01 Mitsubishi Lancer
Tamiya Blackfoot (in pieces currently at parents)
Tamiya Sand Rover (in even more pieces at parents) lol

What does everyone else have, I would love to hear?!

I have:

Losi 8ight-e 3.0
Losi 8ight-e 4.0
Heavily modified X-Maxx :grinning:

I used to race them but not for many years now. Usually just send them bashing as they are so solid. X-Maxx is a beast though with the work done on it. I started off with a Tamiya Falcon about 30 plus years ago :)

That brings back memories ! I was always destroying the front bumper hehe

Nice list. Is the Sand Rover the original or the newer reissued one?

I have the following runners:
Tamiya M03 Mini
Tamiya TL01B Baja Champ
Tamiya QD Peugeot 206
Tamiya TT01 VW Scirocco
Associated TC3 Factory
Kyosho Mini Z (Calsonic Skyline)

I have also been running an eBay store for over 15 years selling Tamiya parts, so I do have a collection of brand new kits too, maybe 40-50 :) Nicest one is probably a brand new Clod Buster which is a beautiful kit!

If you ever need any help (with Tamiya cars) drop me a PM, I have a lot of manuals and parts information.

I still have my original Tamiya Sand Scorcher RC car and Rough Rider body kit to swap to for a change along with another Tamiya buggy (can't remember which one at the moment). Also an AYK Big March, anyone remember them?

I use to have the holiday buggy as a kid! I loved it.... But I always wanted the sand scorcher. Then I had the Grass Hopper.

I would love to get another tbh.

Was there one called the Lunch box or did I imagine that 🤣

The Tamiya Lunch Box was a 'van type' off roader. A lot of these Tamiya models were also available as 1:32 scale battery operated 4x4 models called 'Junior'...Lunch Box included.

Last edited:
I remember searching a few years ago for a 1:10 scale Elgrand body but I don't think anyone made one.

The Tamiya Lunch Box was a 'van type' off roader. A lot of these Tamiya models were also available as 1:32 scale battery operated 4x4 models...Lunch Box included.
That would be the one! Mind you I'm going back 30+ years..... Would be nice to modify one to look like an E50 🤣

The Lunchbox was the one that I always wanted as a kid! Was too expensive back then, got one now though :)

@Elgrandpa where you based in Surrey?

Hi Gary, I'm in Lightwater (junction 3 of the M3). Where are you?
Hahahahahah. I'm in Lighwater... junction 3 off the M3 :)

I'm undercover though as my Elgrand isn't here yet..

Would be nice to modify one to look like an E50
Hi Tony, be even better if we could find actual Elgrand bodies (either E50 or E51) in the right scale to play with!
Could bring a whole new bit of fun to meets! Mods might be a bit cheaper as well...

Hi Tony, be even better if we could find actual Elgrand bodies (either E50 or E51) in the right scale to play with!
Could bring a whole new bit of fun to meets! Mods might be a bit cheaper as well...
I've seen the radio controlled ones from Japan but I can't remember what scale they were... Probably super rare. Any good model makers with a vac former in the club? 🤔

OK mate...lose your cover...where in Lightwater are you?
At this rate we can start our own club...yours would be the 5th Elgrand in Lightwater..ish!

OK mate...lose your cover...where in Lightwater are you?
At this rate we can start our own club...yours would be the 5th Elgrand in Lightwater..ish!
R****** Close, although I don't have mine yet. Still a couple of months left on a boat.

Last edited:
Back