• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

Some guy here is selling two Lunchboxes! One original and one new version! I did offer a very cheeky bid but he didn't reply! lol What do you think they are worth?

Nice list. Is the Sand Rover the original or the newer reissued one?

I have the following runners:
Tamiya M03 Mini
Tamiya TL01B Baja Champ
Tamiya QD Peugeot 206
Tamiya TT01 VW Scirocco
Associated TC3 Factory
Kyosho Mini Z (Calsonic Skyline)

I have also been running an eBay store for over 15 years selling Tamiya parts, so I do have a collection of brand new kits too, maybe 40-50 :) Nicest one is probably a brand new Clod Buster which is a beautiful kit!

If you ever need any help (with Tamiya cars) drop me a PM, I have a lot of manuals and parts information.

Cheers bud I might need your help lol Need to fix some bits on my newly aquired Tamiya Plasma Edge 2!

Yes the Sand Rover is original! It was my brothers baby back in 1981, I remember my dad building it for him and spending days painting the shell by hand to an amazing finish! It even has the original Acoms Mk1 Transmitter!!
I would love to restore it as my father passed 2 years ago from Prostate Cancer and I would love to restore the Sand Rover to its former glory! One problem though I cannot get back to the UK right now to get it out of my brothers wardrobe! lol

I had one of these when I was a child, I still have it in its box in a cupboard. Was great but took millions of batteries which lasted no time at all.
1614113720551.png

Some guy here is selling two Lunchboxes! One original and one new version! I did offer a very cheeky bid but he didn't reply! lol What do you think they are worth?
Looks like the reissued one is around £110 on eBay, and there is even a mini RC version now which is a bit cheaper (around £80).

The original one if its new in the box is a hard one to know as not many surface these days. I would guess 300-500, but might be even more. The old one has a different set of decals to the reissue one, so a collector would pay more to have those.

If its already built then you would have to be keen to buy the original one for much more than the reissue in my books.

Looks like the reissued one is around £110 on eBay, and there is even a mini RC version now which is a bit cheaper (around £80).

The original one if its new in the box is a hard one to know as not many surface these days. I would guess 300-500, but might be even more. The old one has a different set of decals to the reissue one, so a collector would pay more to have those.

If its already built then you would have to be keen to buy the original one for much more than the reissue in my books.
Heres the Lunchboxes! lol

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-...-keer.html?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618

Look in good nick from the pictures! Heres one similar to the reissue one, if that helps.

Beast on the wall :grinning:

8421-FC56-88-A0-4250-A3-D9-29-A103103447.jpg

AEE53836-A220-45-EF-BA3-D-CC69-EE884-C53.jpg

I have an old tamiya ta01 mercedes DTM. The kids love running it round an empty (closed) car park.
I keep thinking about getting them something newer, but that thing it pretty indestructible 😀

From what I remember the old Tamiya 'hump' batteries only lasted 5 minutes or so.
Hopefully the batteries are better these days...like mobile phones have got a lot better now.

From what I remember the old Tamiya 'hump' batteries only lasted 5 minutes or so.
Hopefully the batteries are better these days...like mobile phones have got a lot better now.
Yeah they are a lot better Lithium Polymer so decent charge but also pack a big punch of power

TL;DR: Oh man, I so miss the racing I did in my younger years :sob:

After a mate bought a Tamiya Avante in, ooh 1989 maybe, and took it to a local club I had to do the same, I was hooked just watching!

I went over to Ilkeston Models and saw a 2nd-hand bare chassis that looked 'proper', but I was new to this and didn't know what it was, or a good one from a bad one. I bought it there and then but didn't like the sales patter so took it to Phil Booth Models and asked for 'everything I needed to race it'. Christine sorted me out with batteries, radio, speedo, motor etc and I was off to the races. I'd bought a very well used Yokomo Super Dogfighter, same car Masami Hirosaka drove to the world championship as it turned out.

I was hooked and spent every penny I had on maintaining and upgrading it. Raced on carpet, Astroturf and tarmac twice a week for several years at local clubs and have quite a few trophies to show for it. Raced outdoors at Tamworth once and Craig Drescher (a top racer back then) let me have a go with his amazing RC10 (I think it was an RC10). I remember racing the Yoke on carpet against all the Pro-Cats and Phil Booth was racing one night. I was using a new motor and it was phenomenal. I lapped Phil in the race and he came straight over to me from the podium afterwards - "What have you got in that?!", "That 16 triple you sold me!" I laughed. Phil was a nitro world champion a very long time ago.

The most amazing times I really miss. I stopped racing in 1994 (I forget why now, probably couldn't afford to stay in the A-final as tech advanced and my reactions slowed. And perhaps relationship stuff).

2004 after a divorce and getting some money out of the house I bought the Skyline and a load of new race gear (about £1400's worth IIRC) and raced again for a couple of years. Retired the old Yoke, bought a new BEAUTIFUL Yokomo SD-SSG for indoor touring car racing on carpet and an Associated TC3 for tarmac (which I destroyed on the start finish straight hitting a spun car at stupid mph). Circumstances changed in 2006 and I sold up as I needed the money.

I still have the old Yoke on my wall as it was when I last raced it, and a pristine never raced Clarion R33 GTR-LM bodyshell. Also have a pearl white Nissan Silvia Kyosho Mini-Z which is great fun for drifting. I'll try and dig out some pics later, not sure I may have posted some on here before.

Taking delivery tomorrow of a Marui Big Bear from the 80's! lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marui_Big_Bear_Datsun

I think I got a good deal!!! Just by chance last night I found some spare parts I need, brand new in the bag from 1984 could not believe my luck!!!!!

Need to get hold of a set of tyres but apparently there super super rare!!! Might try repairing the old ones if anyones got any bright ideas, or if not theres a 3D Diff conversion which will although Blackfoot/Monster Beetle wheels to fit!

Jeez...just watching some original USED vintage Sand Scorcher wheels and tyres on eBay...
Up to £84.00 now

Just got hold of a cheap Tamiya TB01, the guy thought it was a hailboxing kit!

Cant wait to get my Big Bear running!!! What a great video by the way!!! lol

I've noticed many people building Tamiya kits during these crazy times!!

Back