• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Model Radio Control / Nitro Cars anyone?!

I've just ordered new batteries/ charger/ transmitter and motor for my old ta01. 🤣 Kids are surprisingly keen at the moment, so thought I'd give it a bit of an update.
Well I will be joining the insanity... As my bid was accepted 🙈 I just need a battery and charger to be road ready 😂

Haha I love it have I started a new craze!!
I think I have driven my wife around the bend!!! lol Cant believe it, I managed to get hold of some parts for my Marui Big Bear exactly what I needed and there nearly 40 years old still sealed in the bag! lol
@tonymorrell well chuffed for you bud thats a cracking Radio Control car and very rare, did you pay good money for it!?
Would love to see some pictures guys once you've got your babies running!!
Unfortunately my Elgrand's have been a little neglected since this obsession with RC cars! lol
What do they say life begins at 40!! lol Does 44 nearly 45 count!

I think I have driven my wife around the bend!!! lol Cant believe it, I managed to get hold of some parts for my Marui Big Bear exactly what I needed and there nearly 40 years old still sealed in the bag! lol
@tonymorrell well chuffed for you bud thats a cracking Radio Control car and very rare, did you pay good money for it!?
Unfortunately my Elgrand's have been a little neglected since this obsession with RC cars! lol
Try 45 going on 46 🤣!

Sadly I haven't bought an original holiday buggy it's the updated re-run.
I've treated it to a motor upgrade though so it should have a bit more pop 🚘.
I'm already looking for my next purchase... And I haven't even received the first one yet 🙈

Had a few back in the 80's - Sand Rover, Subaru Brat, Fast Attack Vehicle.

Still got the Sand Rovers (in bits) somewhere in the shed. A couple of years ago bought a Suzuki Jimny for my son and promptly bought a Lunchbox for myself before we'd even built his...

Must dig them out again!

Try 45 going on 46 🤣!

Sadly I haven't bought an original holiday buggy it's the updated re-run.
I've treated it to a motor upgrade though so it should have a bit more pop 🚘.
I'm already looking for my next purchase... And I haven't even received the first one yet 🙈

Trust me it gets very addictive after the 1st purchase... be warned! lol
I wanted to get a Midnight Pumpkin for 65 euros but I was told NO MORE! lol

Had a few back in the 80's - Sand Rover, Subaru Brat, Fast Attack Vehicle.

Still got the Sand Rovers (in bits) somewhere in the shed. A couple of years ago bought a Suzuki Jimny for my son and promptly bought a Lunchbox for myself before we'd even built his...

Must dig them out again!

Mate I want to restore my Brothers original Sand Rover that my Father built for him back in 1981, he passed away a few years ago and I want to restore it back to its former glory!
Maybe you might want to sell some parts in the near future if your not gunna re-build it! ;)

Love your car line up always fancied a Fast Attack. I ended up getting a Blackfoot which is currently in pieces in my old cupboard at my mums!

Mate I want to restore my Brothers original Sand Rover that my Father built for him back in 1981, he passed away a few years ago and I want to restore it back to its former glory!
Maybe you might want to sell some parts in the near future if your not gunna re-build it! ;)

Love your car line up always fancied a Fast Attack. I ended up getting a Blackfoot which is currently in pieces in my old cupboard at my mums!
I'm definitely more into the old buggy type stuff... Hit list would consist of the Fast Attack, wild one!! Sand scorcher and sand rover.

For starters that is 🤣

I think I've got 2 sand rovers so maybe able to sort something out, I expect they both have cracks on the front turrets of the tubs though!

IMG_20210303_184225.jpg
IMG_20210303_184309.jpg
Those 2 certainly need a clean!

I think I've got 2 sand rovers so maybe able to sort something out, I expect they both have cracks on the front turrets of the tubs though!

View attachment 50191
View attachment 50192
Those 2 certainly need a clean!

Nice one bud that would be awesome! Have to see what state it is in when I can finally travel back to the UK!!!

Nice one bud that would be awesome! Have to see what state it is in when I can finally travel back to the UK!!!
I will try to find them and see what there actually is - I'm pretty sure there are 2 of them mostly complete and probably some other bits. As much as I'd like to restore them, I know realistcally it isn't going to happen as too many other things to do. Will probably be looking to sell the whole lot though which might not suit what you are looking for...

Not in any rush, had them for 40 years so they can wait a bit longer!

Got to get the Blackfoot back on the road! Would love a King Cab got offered one for 200!!

Trust me it gets very addictive after the 1st purchase... be warned! lol
I wanted to get a Midnight Pumpkin for 65 euros but I was told NO MORE! lol
All these little £10 parts soon start to add up 🤣 new pinion, gear set and bearings on there way now too.

I'm half looking at getting a nitro buggy, as I always wanted one. Not really sure where to start with them though. Currently watching about 10 on eBay 😀

All these little £10 parts soon start to add up 🤣 new pinion, gear set and bearings on there way now too.

I'm half looking at getting a nitro buggy, as I always wanted one. Not really sure where to start with them though. Currently watching about 10 on eBay 😀

I have a Hong Nor Nitro Truggy X1 CRT from 2005-2007 bud, does over 50mph and great fun! Currently repairing the lower front arm and braces and then soon it will be back up and running! Losi make an awesome truggy bud checkout some videos on youtube!!

That's reminded me I once drove an 8th nitro buggy belonging to a guy at the club at a race meeting somewhere. He asked me to drive so he could do the pit stuff for a change. Didn't really come anywhere but it was great fun, if a bit cold and muddy. Must have been in about '89, it was a pink Kyosho Burns.

Think we all need to go back to the 80's! lol

Check this beast!

Trust me it gets very addictive after the 1st purchase... be warned!
You're telling me...New body shell, tyres, various other bits and pieces, then having spent the night on 'Tamiyabase', I've now decided not to use the new shell on my vintage Sand Scorcher as I bought it new in the late 70s so I know it is all original and just needs a repaint and a bit of tlc.
Now looking for another chassis/running gear to put my new shell on!

Back