• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

probably none ,, u should be lucky to find the working one even i bought two elm327 none of them worked on my Elgrand,, but i vizit someone his worked on my car ,,
andf i think @AlanM your man he tested few he can put you right direction
Cheers matey

@AlanM
Hi mate....Can you tell me what the best lead to use on my Ellie I have tried a vag lead and the nds software but can't get the lead to work with it....Ive bought a usb lead with the 16pin fitting so trying that next....ant info would be great
Cheers Ian

Hi @Ian1evs - have you read through my post here ? The usual problem is installing the right Windows driver to match the USB/Serial chip in your particular VAG COM lead (FTDI or CH340).

Hi @Ian1evs - have you read through my post here ? The usual problem is installing the right Windows driver to match the USB/Serial chip in your particular VAG COM lead (FTDI or CH340).
Hi @Alanam
Thanks for the info will get on it tomorrow evening when my stepson who has a science masters degree in computers thank God lol is going to look at it for me.
Hope I can get it to go will let you know if I have success.....thanks again Ian

Fair enough, but that ebay lead is no different from the dozens of others listed in that it doesn't tell you which chip in the lead is used for the USB/Serial conversion.

As I've posted before, the VAG COM leads can come with either an FTDI chip or a CH340 chip (there may be others for all I know too) and the different chips require different drivers which Windows may or may not find automatically.

@AlanM i copy that eBay link from add which was one of your comment was on it.. I missed your elm327 if u find one of working one let me know before u sell.. tnx

@Cemmy074 - as I posted elsewhere, the ELM327 from this eBay seller works with NDS2 for Android

temp.jpg

2005 E51 3.5 XL - Driving around suburbs like a grandpa for a week (and strangely enjoying the relaxing cruisey feeling). I'm getting 8km/L (19mpg) which is WAY better than the old Stagea ever got. Looking forward to the first long run on the freeway to see how good it can get.

2005 E51 3.5 XL - Driving around suburbs like a grandpa for a week (and strangely enjoying the relaxing cruisey feeling). I'm getting 8km/L (19mpg) which is WAY better than the old Stagea ever got. Looking forward to the first long run on the freeway to see how good it can get.
If you drive like that on long run probably you will get between 10.2-12.4km/l
I think 8km/l makes 22 UK mpg. 19 mpg for us mpg .

Aaaah yes you are right, 8km/L is 22 UK mpg. The 8km/L is from the Elgrands Fuel Economy screen. I'm still on the first tank of fuel so will see what it really is when I next fill up!

my tractor is going to get its first full - empty fill-up today. 400km on 3/4 tank so far. i am expecting to get about 50% worse than my last car which was managing 8.3l/100km since i now have 40 extra elderly horses dragging around an extra half ton. fingers crossed. thank goodness diesel is still 10c/l cheaper than petrol here.

my tractor is going to get its first full - empty fill-up today. 400km on 3/4 tank so far. i am expecting to get about 50% worse than my last car which was managing 8.3l/100km since i now have 40 extra elderly horses dragging around an extra half ton. fingers crossed. thank goodness diesel is still 10c/l cheaper than petrol here.
I can bet with anyone Elgrand full tank will do 800 km on long drive 60-70mph drive.. which I could get it if I wasn't speed 70-110mph;)

My best so far is 440 km on a full tank.

My best so far is 440 km on a full tank.
Long drive 703km 60lt and speeding with 102 octane(german motorway)
Long drive lowest I got 543km 58lt with vpower

Last edited:
so: 465km on 55.3 l works out at 11.9 l/100km which is pretty much as expected. there are downsides to living in the foothills of some pretty mountains.

Best I've had so far is 24mpg on a 60 mile trip on the motorway at a steady 80mph!

Back