• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

That’ll be Hobnobs no doubt. Chocolate yum yum

Yes really strange as you’re not using any oil so my theory might be wrong but the whole point is it seems to be no way of knowing if your engine is going to be okay or not on 95 or 99 so the only ways is to try both like me 95 brilliant 99 is a waste of Money for me.
Just tell me how much difference between shell 95 fuel saver to Tesco 99 momentum.. I bet they r same price but why should I use fuel saver which when I done car was struggle and then I tried nearly all grades.. what I found 102ron is great some places calls racing fuel I think it was 100 octane 99/97(which bp has but really high price) I think this high rims for sport or fast cars which I think Elgrand engine on this group.and if Tesco 99 and shell fuel saver is nearly same price why should I use 95ron for my car.. just I told my experience with different ron.. this is endless talk if u happy with 95 carry on with it but I wasn't happy with it and use high grade fuel.even I done 3k miles in 5 days still used high octane fuel .. which I LL always do .. premium fuel premium oil..

ENOUGH of this lpg, 95, 99 102/3 nonsense, Can we go back a few hundred entries and discuss the really important issue. Which is better Warburtons or Hobbs?......
Non of them. The tiger French stick things baked fresh in store rule the roost 😃

Had a Range Rover 4.4 V8 that was an LPG conversion, couldn't have kept it on the road if it wasn't! Looking at converting the Elgrand, has anyone else done this?
Hi there....just had my 3.5 2007 Elgrand converted last week...54p a l8tr for lpg and £1.30ish for petrol....so getting between 30 and 45mpg....at £1100 for conversion I should pay for itself in a year.
Ian

That’ll be Hobnobs no doubt. Chocolate yum yum
We have a guy at work that offers people plain hobnobs😉.i never accept as my theory is no one would give away hobnobs without good reason😏 and i reckon they were chocolate ones that he licked chocolate off😵 cos he couldn't got hold of any proper chocalate😬😬😬😬just my theory👍anyway what were we discussing????🚐🚐🚜🚜

I just had my 2nd trip out to the safari park, in our Elgrand, owned it for a couple of weeks now.

I reset the trip and km/l gauge just as I set off.

This was probably 30% city and 70% motorway, but also spent about an hour or so creeping around the safari park stopping and starting for the kids to look at the animals (didn't dare go through the baboon enclosure much to the grumbles and moaning from the wife and kids)

These are what my gauges said when I got home.

IMG_20181113_133909.jpg
IMG_20181111_164407.jpg

So just under half a tank of petrol to do 152 miles. Which (as a day out for the family) I didn't think was too bad at all.

I think people get too caught up in what mpg they get, I think I will eventually get Lpg though as I want to have this car for a long time. I love it.

:)

Well that's because you are mistaking the km/h speedo for a mph one and driving slower than everyone else:yum

I just had my 2nd trip out to the safari park, in our Elgrand, owned it for a couple of weeks now.

spent about an hour or so creeping around the safari park stopping and starting for the kids to look at the animals (didn't dare go through the baboon enclosure much to the grumbles and moaning from the wife and kids)

Don't risk a safari park again. i know i won't after my rhino incident! o_O

I reset the trip and km/l gauge just as I set off.

This was probably 30% city and 70% motorway, but also spent about an hour or so creeping around the safari park stopping and starting for the kids to look at the animals (didn't dare go through the baboon enclosure much to the grumbles and moaning from the wife and kids)

These are what my gauges said when I got home.

View attachment 11084View attachment 11085

So just under half a tank of petrol to do 152 miles. Which (as a day out for the family) I didn't think was too bad at all.

I think people get too caught up in what mpg they get, I think I will eventually get Lpg though as I want to have this car for a long time. I love it.

even you can get more when i use petrol 410 km half tank ( but 40-70mph coz of road work) but in europe 60lt 703km which was good and i was 70-110 mph (not km),, in the end i put lpg and paid itself less than 4k miles

Yes its difficult to stop driving them isnt it ? , I just chuck in a couple of tankfuls of unleaded a week , my merc car is now my toy for days off instead of vice versa
@Lpgc
Hi Simon
Ian here again....
Still having rotten mpg both on petrol and lpg.....I took it over to a garage I always use and she put the Ellie on an exhaust mot tester.....both petrol and lpg was running very lean in all rev ranges except when it was idling and which it was rich....she has advised me to put a treatment through it when I get down to a quart of a tank....it's the same as cetacean....she says it's very good stuff and should clean deposits in the engine sensors etc....
Could it be that there a vacuum leak somewhere or something reatached wrongly when I had the lpg installer....there are no misfiring cel lights or any other codes.im still only getting about 10mpg on both lpg and petrol....
Cheers Ian

I bought one about £6 bit it don't seem to work very well....what's the best one to get....
Predicted txt and fat thumbs are crap lol
probably none ,, u should be lucky to find the working one even i bought two elm327 none of them worked on my Elgrand,, but i vizit someone his worked on my car ,,
andf i think @AlanM your man he tested few he can put you right direction

Back