• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Confused over E51 vs E52

It's a 10 hour drive unfortunately. Body work isn't a bother I have people in my work who can sort that kind of thing no bother . Shame seeing it seems cheap.
Driver’s bolster looks more than 100000k Johnny! Strange that the very low cost makes me a little suspicious buddy.

On the flip side….

I have a mate with his own van dealership a few years ago that took a Fiesta in part ex against a Sprinter. He made enough on the deal so stuck it on Autotrader for the trade price. He didn’t get a single call. A couple of weeks later he upped the price by a couple of grand and sold it that weekend!

Like anything used, you’ll always take a risk; nevertheless, the price is tempting.

I guess so. He's had it 6 years I'm thinking for a couple grand I can make it mint...but then again I can buy a fresh import with 80k on the clock mint condition for 8-10k that still needs undersealed etc
Decisions decisions.
I bought my Porsche 986 on a Teletext system in my work. Got it delivered unseen and it's never skipped a beat or cost be a penny (until I decided to paint it blue)
That was 6 years ago. Some we get lucky haha

This is also local...

I guess so. He's had it 6 years I'm thinking for a couple grand I can make it mint...but then again I can buy a fresh import with 80k on the clock mint condition for 8-10k that still needs undersealed etc
Decisions decisions.
I bought my Porsche 986 on a Teletext system in my work. Got it delivered unseen and it's never skipped a beat or cost be a penny (until I decided to paint it blue)
That was 6 years ago. Some we get lucky haha
Johnny, it could be a dog but hey I’ve spent more in the past on stupid stuff.

It’s a real shame you can’t go and see it.

Would you not consider the train? That’s gotta be less than £700?

Oooh! 986 is sweet. Always loved the Boxter. 👍

Just bought an E52 with 44k on the clock hope the above is wrong:)
What post Mark?

If you’re concerned about the CVT, I can’t find a single report anywhere on the planet where the Elgrand Xtronic has failed. There are many types of CVT and many fail but not it appears in the Elgrand.

I can’t understand why they are seen as so negative. Mine drives beautifully.

I’ve even spoken to a local automatic gearbox engineer that told me to steer clear of a Jatco CVT (owned by Nissan) but not the Elgrand. He reckons they’re great. 👍👍

Hope I’ve answered your concerns buddy.

I’m not worried, not in the slightest.

Run the Regn through Check my cars Mot. Gov uk you will be able to see its full MOT HISTORY , showing whats failed and what are just advisorys

Hope everything goes ok if you decide to go ahead and buy.

Had a couple of bugs ,but think that may have been me, I killed the battery by leaving the rear tv active for 6 days, also managed to get the gear stick locked in "P" not sure how I did that, but also managed to pull the gear stick off the column whist trying to release it, luckily it just pushed back on that seemed to free it up. That was a bit embarrassing as i was holding up several people in a garage who could not get passed me. I guess I have a lot to learn about this Elgrand. Have also noted that the one and only keyfob I got with the car appears to be low on battery, so need to get that changed fairly urgently,as the key within it only appears to open the door, i cannot find an ignition key slot anywhere in the vehicle. So far since I have bought it, it does appear to be a lttle challenging, but I love the way it looks and drives if a bit thirsty.

Had a couple of bugs ,but think that may have been me, I killed the battery by leaving the rear tv active for 6 days, also managed to get the gear stick locked in "P" not sure how I did that, but also managed to pull the gear stick off the column whist trying to release it, luckily it just pushed back on that seemed to free it up. That was a bit embarrassing as i was holding up several people in a garage who could not get passed me. I guess I have a lot to learn about this Elgrand. Have also noted that the one and only keyfob I got with the car appears to be low on battery, so need to get that changed fairly urgently,as the key within it only appears to open the door, i cannot find an ignition key slot anywhere in the vehicle. So far since I have bought it, it does appear to be a lttle challenging, but I love the way it looks and drives if a bit thirsty.
On the E51 the ignition key slot is recessed into the dial on the steering column you turn to activate the ignition, the slot is not visible from the driving position but you can see it when you look at the steering column from outside. Not sure about the E52 but this may help.

On the E51 the ignition key slot is recessed into the dial on the steering column you turn to activate the ignition, the slot is not visible from the driving position but you can see it when you look at the steering column from outside. Not sure about the E52 but this may help.
Thanks will take another look

Back