• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Brands Hatch Go Japan! 13th September

Mine has just arrived.

Has anybody got their follow up email from Time attack with passes and details of the Go Japan show yet? Ok just came through spooky 👻

Yes just checked and I've got mine :)

Not sure I will actually make it for the allocated arrival time!

Here's the gumph

Welcome to Go Japan! and Tunerfest South at Brands Hatch, a truly unique event and one of the only shows of its kind to take place this year - and possibly one of the last! We are delighted that you are going to be part of it.

We apologise for the delay in issuing this information, but due to an exceptional number of last-minute requests and recent national announcements, we have had a considerable amount of additional work to perform in just a few days. However, we are delighted to confirm that the show is going ahead as planned.

You should have received the advance information bulletin that was sent out last week, which provided you guidance regarding the protocols that have been put in place to enable this event to take place in the safest possible way. If you have not read this advance information, the please do so. Your cooperation and compliance to the practices and procedures is imperative to mitigating the risk of spreading Covid-19. If you do not follow them, then you WILL be asked to leave the venue.

As a reminder, here are the key points:

• If you feel unwell or are experiencing the symptoms of the Coronavirus, stay at home and follow NHS guidelines.
  • If you begin to feel unwell or think you are experiencing the symptoms of the Coronavirus whilst at the show, please inform the organisers by phone and go home.
  • Maintain social distancing at all times. Do not form close groups with anyone other than those from your household or social ‘bubble’.
  • If you enter a building, a toilet, or when queueing for food or goods from a stand, a face covering must be worn. We advise only one person from each group goes to purchase and collect food.
  • Do not pass or share items with anyone you don’t know or is outside of your social group.
  • Please bring your own PPE (face coverings, hand sanitiser etc.) with you.
  • We have officials in place to monitor activities and to ensure protocols are being observed. Please report to them any concerns or if can see that the guidelines are not being followed by others.
  • Unlike other years, the inner paddock and pits area will be out of bounds.
Your awareness and cooperation is appreciated. Without it, this and the shows that follow will be put in jeopardy.

SHOW INFORMATION

We have pleasure in providing you with the following information, which can be downloaded from the links below:

SHOW PLAN SHOWING YOUR CLUB'S LOCATION

ENTRY ROUTE

MAP OF BRANDS HATCH

TIMETABLE

VEHICLE PASSES

Please check the site plan and click the link below to download the vehicle pass that corresponds with your entry and location. Then print out and display it in the windscreen. Please note the staggared entry times to ease congestion and queues:

CAR CLUBS

GO JAPAN CAR PASS - RED ZONE - Entry time: 7.00 - 7.30

TUNERFEST SOUTH CAR PASS - BLUE ZONE - Entry time: 7.30 - 8.00

TUNERFEST SOUTH CAR PASS - CYAN ZONE - Entry time: 8.00 - 8.30

SHOW & SHINE

GO JAPAN SHOW & SHINE CAR PASS - Entry time: 7.30 - 8.30

TUNERFEST SOUTH SHOW & SHINE CAR PASS - Entry time: 7.30 - 8.30

INDIVIDUAL EXHIBITS

GO JAPAN INDIVIDUAL EXHIBIT CAR PASS - Entry time: 8.30 - 9.00

TUNERFEST SOUTH INDIVIDUAL EHIBIT CAR PASS - Entry time: 8.30 - 9.00

ENTRY & ARRIVAL

When approaching either from the north or south on the A20, please look out for the car club direction signs. You will be directed to the northern access gate. Please have your vehicle pass displayed in the windscreen and your ticket ready. Once in the show are, please head straight to your club stand. Event officials will help direct you. Please look out for them as they are there to help you.

A sign displaying your club's name will be positioned in your area and the edges will be clearly marked on the ground. Please make sure all your exhibits fit within the boundaries. Additional space has been provided this year to help with social distancing.

TICKETS

Whilst club stand space is free, everyone will need a ticket to get into the venue. These must be purchased in advance online. If you still need one, you can do buy it from the venue website until 4.00pm on Friday here:

If you have booked in and are now unable to make it to the show, please let us know. Clubs failing to do so may be refused entry next time.

There is no overnight camping available.

Thank you again for joining us this weekend and being part of this landmark event. Please follow the guidelines, stay safe and let's have a great day!

Simon Slade
Championship & Events Coordinator

Not sure I will actually make it for the allocated arrival time!
A bit stupidly early, I have a hotel booked nearby but still not particularly happy. It's to ease congestion they say so wouldn't worry too much about being a bit late, I doubt you will be the only one.

so how many are going on the plan it only says 8 on the stand

Got mine today. Im taking claptraps place. :). Might travel down saturday night and stop at the inlaws. Otherwise il be getting up at stupid oclock to get down there.

so how many are going on the plan it only says 8 on the stand
There were ten on the original list, @Mike77 has dropped out and offered a ticket. Do you have any of the club banners?

Last edited:
A bit stupidly early, I have a hotel booked nearby but still not particularly happy. It's to ease congestion they say so wouldn't worry too much about being a bit late, I doubt you will be the only one.
I guess they want the nicest looking vehicles to show up first and set the tone for the rest of the event.

I will put my Campal into bed mode and have a kip.

I can make teas and coffees if you bring cups or biscuits.

We'll be bringing comestibles and have a gas burner too.

As i can't do yakushi on saturday i've got a standard ticket yesterday so i may see you there,gonna drive down saturday night and find a lay-by or some where close to crash out.

@Xanthus400 we can't make it now, so you're welcome to use our 'space' if that's allowed - we are registered for the club stand. If you don't have tickets yet I can possibly forward the link to print ours off.

any body going to the show interested in a set of headlights s1 with black internals comes with hid bulbs and ballasts .
open to any sensible offers

Show virgin. As I understand it I need to print off my two show tickets and the red zone pass with reg.no. and mob. phone no. filled in. Also is there any etiquette with a show stand? Do we wait for all to arrive before setting up or just park up on arrival so many questions.

Back