• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Brands Hatch Go Japan! 13th September

Is the spare space available? I might be able to make it

If you send me a private message, with your name and address details, i'll send you a printed copy of the e-ticket I have :)

Hi Guys I am unable to attend if someone would like my ticket they are more than welcome, PM me you name and address and I will send you my ticket.
Regards mike

Hi Guys I am unable to attend if someone would like my ticket they are more than welcome, PM me you name and address and I will send you my ticket.
Regards mike
Shame but thanks for posting up the offer. I will cross you off the list.

Assuming everyone has received the update email from Time Attack. I've attached a copy of the guidance pdf with regard to the C word.

Attachments

• how_we_are_keeping_our_customers_safe_at_race_meetings_-_august.pdf
    512.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi all. A big thank you to @MALAKI for making me aware of "Go Japan", as I've just got tickets for my 7 year old and I to pop along.

Really looking forward to meeting you all and having the chance to see your cool wagons in the metal, and perhaps have a butchers at their interiors as I've never even sat in one!! 👍

Just booked a nearby hotel for a couple of nights to make it a full weekender.

What time are people planning arriving at?

I think arrival time will be advised in the next email from Time Attack for the club stands.

I read that the show officially starts from 9am but is open to car clubs and traders from 7!

Yes indeed, but they probably want to time entry to allow for social distancing. I wonder if there are 2m markers all the way up the A20.

I don’t think I’ve received any of the most recent emails from them. I’ve not had an email from MSV or Time Attack since July :worried:

It goes like this.......

Thank you for joining us for what promises to be a truly spectacular occasion, with the first ever running of Go Japan! and the rescheduled Tunerfest South shows combining to create a unique and very special event. And what's even better, you're going to be a part of it!

Go Japan! is a one-day celebration and cultural showcase of all things Japanese. It is listed as an official event of the Japan-UK Season of Culture. This international initiative was planned to correspond with the Rugby World Cup 2019 and the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, but needless to say, recent events have curtailed many of the activities and events - but we’re proud to say not this show - which will go on to become a major annual, cultural, sporting, automotive occasion.

Tunerfest South is an annual summer celebration of tuning, modification and performance, now firmly etched in the car-show calendar. Because of the on-set of Covid-19 and the consequent restrictions that came into effect earlier this year, it meant the event could not go ahead on its traditional June date. Therefore, we are delighted to have the opportunity to combine it with the brand new Go Japan! show.

As we're sure you are aware that in these current times, this is one of the only shows of its kind to take place this year. To achieve this, a great deal of hard work has gone on behind the scenes, plus the implementation of a series of measures and protocols put in place.

We would therefore like to reassure you that all that can be done to mitigate and control the potential spread of Covid-19 has been done. Consequently, for those of you who are regulars to our shows at Brands Hatch, things will look a little different this year, with information signs and hand sanitation stations reflecting the changes that have been instigated in order to keep you safe and make sure you have a day to remember for all the right reasons.

Each club and exhibitor has been allowed more space so that social distancing will be easier to perform. Due to the restrictions, car club members, exhibitors and spectators will not be able to access to the pits and race paddock in the centre of the circuit and likewise, competitors and their teams will not have access to the show.

Having said all this, we are eager to point out that the content will be as top quality as ever, with Time Attack, Drift and Formula cars demonstrations, Public Track Time and plenty of other entertaining action on the track. Whilst in the show we'll have over 1000 cars on display, a JDM Legends feature, an excellent trade area, plus a few surprises too!

CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION

Whilst we have done all we can to make the event as safe and secure as possible, the main factor for controlling the spread of the virus is YOU! Therefore, please download and read the information sheet from the link below and ensure you follow these important guidelines:

• If you feel unwell or are experiencing the symptoms of Covid-19, stay at home and follow NHS guidelines.
  • If you begin to feel unwell or think you are experiencing the symptoms of Covid-19 whilst at the show, please inform the organisers by phone and go home.
  • Maintain social distancing at all times. Do not form close groups with anyone other than those from your household or social ‘bubble’.
  • If you enter a building, a toilet, or when queueing for food or goods from a stand, a face covering must be worn. We advise only one person from each group goes to purchase and collect food.
  • Do not pass or share items with anyone you don’t know or is outside of your social group.
  • Please bring your own PPE (face coverings, hand sanitiser etc.) with you.
  • We have officials in place to monitor activities and to ensure protocols are being observed. Please report to them any concerns or if can see that the guidelines are not being followed by others.
Your awareness and cooperation is appreciated. Without it, this and the shows that follow will be put in jeopardy.

SHOW INFORMATION

Car Club and Show and Shine entries have now closed. We're full!

If you are a Show and Shine entry and have received this bulletin, then your entry has been accepted and is confirmed.

Track Time entries will close at midday on Thursday 10th September.

PLEASE NOTE: A second bulletin will be issued next week and will contain:

• Your vehicle pass
  • A site plan showing the location of your club stand
  • A timetable confirming your arrival time
  • Further details about the show
If you have booked in and are now unable to make it, please let us know. If clubs don’t come it leaves unsightly gaps in the show area and spoils the spectacle we're all trying to achieve. Clubs failing to advise us of their withdrawal may be refused entry next time.

Whilst gates will open from 7.00am, to assist with speed of entry and parking, reduce queuing and the likelihood of groups of people congregating, clubs will be split into sections and asked to arrive at different times. These will be advised in the next bulletin.

Please note: there is no overnight camping available at the venue.

TICKETS

Everyone will need a ticket in order to enter the venue. These should be purchased on-line and in advance before 16.00 on Friday 11th September.

Additional details and booking information is available on the Go Japan and Tunfest South websites:

gojapan.co.uk
south.tunerfest.co.uk

Please look out for further bulletins!

Simon Slade
Championship & Events Coordinator

Thanks for pasting that. I’ve dropped them an email to check that I’m included in the correct distribution lists.

Good stuff, you need to bring precious cargo :D

Oh yes, I’ve not forgotten! ;)

will be coming to this now as yakushi is only a one day event are we all meeting up for a roll in or just turning up

I get the impression that it will be timed entry for ticket holders with a club stand pass. I'm awaiting a confirmation email.

I have a cheeky request to members going to Go Japan on Sunday. Does anyone have a code reader that will work on a 2002 E51 as my the ABS warning light comes on after a couple of hundred yards and I need someone to point me in the right direction until I get my own one. Many thanks.

Back