• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Brands Hatch Go Japan! 13th September

Just seen this on Facebook - Brands Hatch 'Go Japan' is going ahead, but with some changes, although the changes haven't been fully announced, here is the updated info... they should also run a grammar and spell checker over their announcements before they send stuff out, that's all their own work ladies and gentleman

Looks like 'Go Japan' is being squashed together with 'Tunerfest', loads of heavily modded tuned supercars...

Go Japan shared a link.

Event Update:

Hi everyone.

We can finally update you.

As you can imagine we have been working behind the scenes to rescue the event from the challenges the pandemic created. Knowing our event was months away from the original lockdown we stood back and waited, quieltly continuing our plans with hope.

THE EVENT IS GOING AHEAD and will run as planned on the 13th September.

Of course as you would expect, we have needed to to take on various challenges and make changes to the event format for some attractions that just are not possible to organise due to travel restrictions and or social distancing to make the event as safe as we can for everyone.

So we are in the final stages of confirming which segments of the event will change and we will notify you shortly. The website has not been updated yet to reflect these but will be shortly.

The event was planned to be and complete festival only of Japanese things OF COURSE, however we have needed to be creative to keep it going.

As such, one other major event we also host at Brands Hatch, called ' Tunerfest ' will also run on the same day making one big combined event to keep both audiences and shows alive despite the challenges in an attempt to do the beest we can.

While other show organisers are cancelling their events for their own commercial reasons, we are committed to keeping our events and have been working tirelessly to do exactly that with the venue owners, MSV and we are very happy with the joint provisions to create the event, albeit on an adjusted scale/format.

So, in short, the event will go ahead, we are forced to do some trimming down some content and 'making do' for this year to keep the event launch in place and as with most things just now, we will be making special one off changes to react to the situation.

As ever you can be confident of booking your tickets with MSV on the website including their clear and fair refund policy, you can book with absolute confidence.

There is various information about ticketing, covid and attending the venue etc already on the MSV website so if you are interested to know about those preparations please do head to the Brands Hatch site and see what, as a venue their policies are for you, your family and friends.

The Covid situation continues to be a moving target on a daily basis however we are looking forward to welcoming you to Go Japan.

Both MSV and ourselves have already run events since the lockdown was eased, we are well down the road in terms of running an event with these new public safety measures and social distancing.

Will the event and venue experience be exactly the same? - not quite as we will make changes, however we are getting on with it, being creative and plan a fabulous day for you, your family and friends.

Thank you for your support, please stand by for further clarity on what we will change and more event details as we get closer to the show.

Brands Hatch website: www.brandshatch.co.uk
Go Japan website : www.gojapan.co.uk
Thanks!

Some info about 'Tunerfest'

Tunerfest South 2020 - Brands Hatch -
http://south.tunerfest.co.uk/

Tunerfest in 2020 will be like no other, joining forces with the Go Japan! show to bring you two great shows on one day! It embraces everything that the contemporary performance tuning scene has to offer, with on-track action on headlined by the one-and-only Time Attack Championship. The show covers all areas of the paddock and surrounding areas and features a huge array of top-quality car clubs, a trade village, show and shine competition, kids play area, Drift taxi's, rally rides, go-karting and spectacular on-track demonstrations from F1, single-seater and professional Drift cars.

Tunerfest brings you a day for all owners and lovers of seriously tuned, performance cars. With hundreds of performance cars on display, a full day of superb track activity, a trade area, on and off track passenger rides, plus many other things to see and do.

Tunerfest will host it's third PAAA Performance Tuning Event. The PAAA is an industry organisation that represents the biggest and most influential tuning brands such as KW, REVO, Litchfields, Eibach, Scorpion, Milltek, Maha, Powerflex, Pipercross...the list goes on, over 20 major players all in one spot at Brands Hatch to showcase their latest offerings in what will be the biggest quality trade gathering of the aftermarket industry EVER in the UK.

The event offers you a unique opportunity to see some of the fastest and highly tuned production-based cars in the UK - both on the track and in the paddock. Consequently, Tunerfest embraces everything that the modern car tuning scene has to offer, including round three of this year's Time Attack Championship, a series of RWYB Time Attack sessions, a huge array of quality car club displays, a trade village, Show and Shine, kids play area, rally cars rides and go karts, plus on-track demonstrations from the Drift cars, the list is huge. Plus, there will also be a gathering of over 300 Super and Hyper cars.

Last edited:
? thats as clear as mud thought they were running it in conjunction with tunerfest any way so what they are trying to say is you can book still go but when you get there some/most of the entertainment will/ wont be on but they dont know ?

? thats as clear as mud thought they were running it in conjunction with tunerfest any way so what they are trying to say is you can book still go but when you get there some/most of the entertainment will/ wont be on but they dont know ?

Yeah, its in conjunction with TunerFest but that's it really, I have no idea if anything else will be going on the track, or a trade area or if club stands can still go ahead... I did ask but nothing updated as yet

sorry wasnt shooting the messenger i was going to go with my nipper but something else came up lets hope they keep the food/girls cars or it might just be a tunerfest event

sorry wasnt shooting the messenger i was going to go with my nipper but something else came up lets hope they keep the food/girls cars or it might just be a tunerfest event

No need to apologise?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll believe it's on when I arrive and they let me in. In the current situation the Gov could decide to ban all events between now and then. I've kind of given up on going anywhere this year. I have tickets though and a space booked on the club stand if they are still doing club stands.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll believe it's on when I arrive and they let me in. In the current situation the Gov could decide to ban all events between now and then. I've kind of given up on going anywhere this year. I have tickets though and a space booked on the club stand if they are still doing club stands.

No worries, I did post a question on the 'go japan' page about 'club bookings' but no reply as yet, i'll update when/if they come back to me :)

1596463509748.png

I've had no response on the 'Go Japan' FB page, might be worth tapping them up for a reply if you haven't done already :)

Probably because they don't know but I will make direct contact.

From the organisers......

Yes, the event is still going ahead on the planned date - and yes, clubs are still being invited to attend. In fact, we've had a good response so far.

Needless to say, things will be a little bit different due to the restrictions. We have allowed additional space between the cars in the clubs area and the venue has geared up to cope with the number of people we are expecting in the day. This includes signs and markings, with a considerable number of sanitising stations installed. It will also not be possible for spectators to cross over the pit area, as they would be allowed to do normally.

We will issue full details ahead of the event which I trust will provide you and the other clubs with the confidence they can attend in a safe and secure environment - and still have a great day out!

that look slike a good fun day out

will have a think...if i can get my car show ready....its waaaaaaaaayyyy down on how crap it usually looks

plus see if can get approval

Peter

Great. Remember to register for the club stand if you can make it.

So who's registered for the club stand then? Or will we be on our own!

Well I certainly have.

I did buy a ticket and added myself to the club stand but won’t be going, not sure if the ticket is transferrable but if it is, if anyone wants it, they can have it.

If anyone would like to take up Claptraps kind offer you would need to register your van for a place on the club stand using the link in the first post if you want to display your Elgrand, otherwise it will be show entry only.

Back