• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Awnings and tents

We are in the process of researching drive away awnings and are coming to the conclusion that we want one that sits parallel to the van, rather than protruding at right angles to make more of a 'T' shape - Vango Galli looks nice but £££££ expensive! Outdoor Revolution Movelite T4 is better priced - does anyone out there have one of these and can comment on if it is a good option? Many thanks

We are in the process of researching drive away awnings and are coming to the conclusion that we want one that sits parallel to the van, rather than protruding at right angles to make more of a 'T' shape - Vango Galli looks nice but £££££ expensive! Outdoor Revolution Movelite T4 is better priced - does anyone out there have one of these and can comment on if it is a good option? Many thanks
Have you looked through camping section if forum? Lots of posts on there.

I did - could not find anything on the OR Movelite T4 specifically

Has anyone got an experience of the DubPod Roamer awning?

IMG_7724_grande.jpg

Looks fancy
Certainly a bit different to most awnings. I’ve used canvas bell tents before which these are based on. Despite being heavy, they are very hard wearing and actually quite easy to put up. Also not particularly expensive.

The magnetic strip is only to stop the rain as it is useless for holding the awning on.
There is more info in the camping section

The magnetic strip is only to stop the rain as it is useless for holding the awning on.
There is more info in the camping section
We're getting a awning rail fitted too :) just when I see yous is the same awning thought I would ask as it looks a perfect fit.

What awning rail have you used for this, just about to purchase the same awning.
I've got one of the Dometic Kampa awning rails on back order. This is the narrowest one I find which I'm hoping will be able to fit under the pop top roof. Apparently there has been a delaying getting these in but I've been reliably informed from Kampa that they should be in by mid to late May

I've got one of the Dometic Kampa awning rails on back order. This is the narrowest one I find which I'm hoping will be able to fit under the pop top roof. Apparently there has been a delaying getting these in but I've been reliably informed from Kampa that they should be in by mid to late May
How many do you need to fit an awning tent?

How many do you need to fit an awning tent?
From memory these come in 1.2m sections so for my awning I’ll need two as the bit of the awning with the bead is 2m but I guess it depends on your awning

After a lot of research we've bought a Vango Faros II Low poled. Normally £285 but got it for £270. Under 10kg. Not used it yet.

20220516_145727.jpg
This is what we've been using if the weather is half-decent. It is an Outwell Touring Canopy - quite a simple thing. Light and easy to set up. Cost £145. Both this awning and the Vango Faros use the concealed awning rail fitted within the pop-top.

Back