• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Awnings and tents

Snapperman

Premium Member
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Hi guys hope all well and safe has anyone got any suggestions or pictures of the awnings or tents that you use on a trip away starting to plan ahead for next year hopefully 🤞🤞😂

I'm looking for a drive away awning too, I'm going to keep a eye on the Facebook selling pages and eBay, because everyone was buying campers and camping equipment this year I'm hoping there will be a few bargains about.

This looks a really good fit is this a normal caravan awning adapted or a straight fit ??
It's a drive away awning can't think of the make,fit good easy to put up takes about 15 mins,cost £295.Wife says it's a sunncamp 350 low

I ordered a Vango Cove DA awning, looks a great fit for the Elgrand and seems a good buy, but I can’t get delivery until Feb or March 2021 as demand has been so high this year! .... might be worth getting your order in ASAP ... unless, as Mr Ben suggests, you go 2nd hand, might be some winter bargains to be had.

Think it a sunncamp 250 low ??
I had a awning for my motorhome that looked like that and it was a suncamp 335 , sewn in ground sheet , bit of a faff putting up but once up it was great , u can buy them with different heights for campers

I had a awning for my motorhome that looked like that and it was a suncamp 335 , sewn in ground sheet , bit of a faff putting up but once up it was great , u can buy them with different heights for campers
Yes that's sounds like the one,got sunncamp bit right 😂😂

Depends on your needs etc, our awning is very similar to our last 4 man tent in size and construction but then you do get the dry walk through area between it and the van. We find we use the awning for short stays and a huge polycotton tent for longer trips.

Attachments

• 2020-12-07 20.44.45.jpg
    2020-12-07 20.44.45.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 95
Depends on your needs etc, our awning is very similar to our last 4 man tent in size and construction but then you do get the dry walk through area between it and the van. We find we use the awning for short stays and a huge polycotton tent for longer trips.
That looks a good little set up love the front screen cover that acts as a blackout for nighttime as well as a sun screen cover during the day is that about an 6x8 roughly ???

Similar to what we have ordered, but yours is bigger ... I have to say, looking at those throw over straps, I’m glad I paid £80 to have an awning rail fitted!!!

Similar to what we have ordered, but yours is bigger ... I have to say, looking at those throw over straps, I’m glad I paid £80 to have an awning rail fitted!!!
Can you post a picture if at all possible love to see how it fits to the van ??

That looks a good little set up love the front screen cover that acts as a blackout for nighttime as well as a sun screen cover during the day is that about an 6x8 roughly ???
The screen cover is a fuel lagoon one, they have a discount code on here somewhere, awning is an Outwell country road.

Can you post a picture if at all possible love to see how it fits to the van ??
Not been done yet, couldn’t get a slot until feb! It’s been a busy time for conversions ... the rail is just a C section channel fixed above the door, so you can slide the DA awning in. They call it a Kadar strip, it’s cheap to fit and can be fitted with or without a pop top. I just thought it might be more convenient and safer than the throw over straps.

Not been done yet, couldn’t get a slot until feb! It’s been a busy time for conversions ... the rail is just a C section channel fixed above the door, so you can slide the DA awning in. They call it a Kadar strip, it’s cheap to fit and can be fitted with or without a pop top. I just thought it might be more convenient and safer than the throw over straps.
What a clever idea should be very interesting to see when done my motor not arriving until Feb will look out for it 👍👍

Back