• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Its stuck on @Brendan1969 as I have removed the Nissan badge off my White Elgrand. Only problem you have to watch which has happened to mine is it looks like the Nissan Badge has eaten into the paintwork slightly, maybe mines been sprayed in the past! Does look good though without the badge! :)
Ive changed my mind. Its staying on there now:p

☺ Not just today but over the course of this week I've been busy , or at least the E51 has , it's ....

Had a full set of Tein coil over suspension fitted .
Had a full service done Inc. all belts, pollen filters and a Pipercross high flow air filter.
Had all the rear windows limo tinted inc. the sunroof and a deep front screen sun strip.
and ...
It's had a new set of alloys and tyres fitted ☺

(Oh , and I've booked it in to have a full stainless (de-cat) exhaust made next week and to be "detailed the week after ☺)

The E51's a lot better but I'm bored and broke now though !!!! 😣 boo hoo , sob ,sob, sob

☺ Will do ASAP ...
Not got any pics yet though , only got the van at Christmas...
then had an operation on my knee straight after I'd got it , so I've not been out the house really 😣
It doesn't look much to look at, its bit plain still at the moment ☺

On Wednesday I fitted a Yi dash cam to the rear window. It was 38 quid on Amazon, but then also had another 8 quid off using the discount code in the listing.
It's not got GPS or parking mode but the 1080 60fps video quality is great.
I just have to remember to keep the back window clean!

Frame 2018.01.26 14-11-46 (0-03-28.412).jpg

On Wednesday I fitted a Yi dash cam to the rear window. It was 38 quid on Amazon, but then also had another 8 quid off using the discount code in the listing.

View attachment 2524
Ive got a Nextbase Duo in mine. Brilliant they are. Had the hard wire kit fitted at same time as I had my Cruise control unit fitted too so ive now got my 12v socket back to put my battery monitor in:grinning::grinning::grinning:

After dropping " da missus " off at the hair dressers I popped in the local jet wash and blasted off last weeks grime with the intention of giving her a good wipe over and possible polish today but this bleeding crappy weather has put paid to that:(:(:(:(:( cant bloody win with this English weather these days

Last edited:
I have the nextbase gw320 wifi. great cameras. we are fitting thousands at the moment for big fleets so they must be good. i like it.

Today i mostly drove the Elgrand. no jobs this weekend, a weekend away with just the mrs in a posh hotel. nice

View attachment 2524
You don't want GPS. You don't want to give the game away with your speed, eh?

You don't want GPS. You don't want to give the game away with your speed, eh?
My front cam is a quality unit that does GPS and tbh I wasn't thinking of installing a rear cam at all, let alone a cheap (sub £100) camera. Because of the good review by Techmoan and the price drop I decided it would be good enough, I.e better than nothing.
I have my moments but generally my speed is on the right side of the law.

My front cam is a quality unit that does GPS and tbh I wasn't thinking of installing a rear cam at all, let alone a cheap (sub £100) camera. Because of the good review by Techmoan and the price drop I decided it would be good enough, I.e better than nothing.
I have my moments but generally my speed is on the right side of the law.
We are all or have been guilty of speeding at some point in our lives weather getting caught or not. I will be 49 next week (1st ) and TBH over the last 10 years I have found that I don't really go for a speed anymore and find myself poodling around albeit not too slow to wind other drivers up. Rule is to try and keep the traffic flowing safely and be safe. With all the high powered cars I have owned and still do ( My Aston Martin ) you would think I was a right Tarmac terrorist but I'm not anymore. I used to be when I was younger and in my fast Ford days with all my Cosworths and my 911 Turbo but once I diversed in to Jaguar/Daimler territory I found myself slowing down. Don't know why but even though I have it on tap if I want it I just don't feel the need for speed anymore.:worried::worried::worried: but having the dash cam duo's in both mine and Joanne's cars gives us both that little bit more feeling of " we can film other idiots " on the move. They are indeed a great invention.

New spark plugs fitted this weekend, not a terrible job but not something I want to do again in a hurry :)

Finally had some free time when it wasn't pissing it down so got a little job done that's needed doing for a while now - a squealing belt that's been driving me mad. I took the engine cover off to give some room to get to the belt (it's the alternator/PAS belt). Although I could undo the tensioner pulley bolt I still couldn't get my arm down to turn the bottom bolt. I unbolted the fan and moved it the side in the shroud and then I had enough room.

Also gave it a much needed wash. Oh and found the battery had settled down and needed a few turns on the clamp nuts.

We measured up again in the bus today for the chuck box unit. Changed the design a little. We are also thinking of putting a rubber mat down as well but not too sure how that will work...

Well we are all loaded up and ready to depart for our trip to Manchester for the weekend. Fueled to the brim and all trips re-set to Zero along with fuel computer too. Weather is cold but dry and sunny so here's to a good and productive trip. See you all Sunday night on here with my findings MPG wise,

Well we are all loaded up and ready to depart for our trip to Manchester for the weekend. Fueled to the brim and all trips re-set to Zero along with fuel computer too. Weather is cold but dry and sunny so here's to a good and productive trip. See you all Sunday night on here with my findings MPG wise,

Have a good weekend Brendan. I'll be interested to hear how your new cruise control performs

As @Phil mentioned we look forward to the results and! I did a 60km trip and by the end mine was reading 8.7km/l pretty good I think considering it was reset due to the battery being disconnected :), I was driving it like a grandma though! lol

Wishing you a safe trip :)

Safe journey and enjoy

ECU finally fixed on my E51 (2005 Autech Rider S ), it now runs!
Big thanks to Martyn Clinton & Chris Wills for programming the keys and giving me shoulders to cry on.

So today was our first trip out, since our troublesome purchase in Nov 2017. Pauline & I drove 40miles to see Adian Bristow at Winchester Car Imports. Many thanks to Adrian for a great job and the friendly welcome. The rear cats are now de-cored and it only cost £150. Powerflow in Slough wanted £300. I think that's a bargain and money well spent. Would highly recommend anyone in the south who hasn't decored their cats yet, get in touch with Adrian Bristow, It takes less than an hour, as Adrian has de-cored replacements ready to swap over.

http://winchestercarimports.co.uk 07753325356 or email on info@winchestercarimports.co.uk

Back