• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Love my D1 Spec Throttle Controller @Brendan1969 its well worth the money. This was an old thread I posted a while back:

http://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/d1spec-throttle-controller-installed-on-my-e51.4544/
Well it is now apparent that I cannot have one of those Throttle controllers on my E51 now as I have recently installed an OEM Factory spec Cruise control unit which plugs on to the electrical socket on top of the throttle pedal loom. This is also the same place the D1 Throttle controller has to be plugged in as well so for now its not going to be a possibility for me on mine. Spoke via Text last night with Brian ( BMR ) and he seems to think the same also as we exchanged pictures etc showing the fitment area's.

Oh well, never mind. Back to the drawing board.:joy:

Got the valeter on his way to do a full snow foam service wash for me and if he thinks the weather will be ok a full machine polish and wax to bring her up to parr. Bloody windy, wet and cold here though so I reckon its just gonna be a service wash today:joy:

Just bought myself a Boss Kit from Driftworks so that I can finally get my aftermarket steering wheel fitted! Wahoo!

Just bought myself a Boss Kit from Driftworks so that I can finally get my aftermarket steering wheel fitted! Wahoo!
So are you removing the airbag Karl or does it still have one??? Ive seen a few with no airbags that's all.

No airbag on new one. If my head smashes off the steering wheel in the event of an accident and seat belt failure, it'll be an improvement anyway, so all is good :joy:

Don't you have to be a fully paid £12 member to be able to do this Richard??? Cheap at half the price and it supports the club too. WIN WIN

When you are a fully paid member you can then post pictures directly but as far as I know you cannot upload MP4's/sound files unless its a link directly from your youtube channel.

I could enable to upload of MP3 (sound) or MP4 (video) or any other sound/video format. BUT, sound and video take up a HUGE amount of space, and our server is not designed for it.

In order for that to happen, I would have to create a new membership, say for "media members", and it would be more like £50 for the year, as the cost of the server would increase exponentially. I think most users would prefer to just upload to youtube and share from there in all honestly, it doesn't take long to load a video on there, and as you can embed the video directly to a post, it works really well.

I have been measuring... I'm designing a 'chuck box' style kitchen / bed for ours, hopefully to slide in seemlessly for weekends away and things without removing seats. Anyone else done this?

I have been measuring... I'm designing a 'chuck box' style kitchen / bed for ours, hopefully to slide in seemlessly for weekends away and things without removing seats. Anyone else done this?
No but interested to see if this works as would want to do the same...

I'll keep a log and let you know. The idea is that is non intrusive so we still have the back open and easy to put in and out so we don't have to remove seats. I have a design in mind but let's see if it works
🤔

So today I fitted a battery cut off as my Elgrand does not get used daily.
Very useful for preventing theft as well as battery drain!

View attachment 2508

Make sure that it's done fairly tight. I've seen three of them melt when they've not been tight enough, too tight and the thread rips out.

my pal and i made this unit for my old 3.2. It slid between the folded up back seats. used the rear lighter socket for power and was easily removed into the awning.
I sold it with the van, planning to make more. The materials were expensive especially the lightweight ply and sink unit. we were gonna sell them but would have had to price them at £800+ did look nice tho.

Attachments

• IMG_6243.JPG
    IMG_6243.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6222.JPG
    IMG_6222.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6246.JPG
    IMG_6246.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 34
my pal and i made this unit for my old 3.2. It slid between the folded up back seats. used the rear lighter socket for power and was easily removed into the awning.
I sold it with the van, planning to make more. The materials were expensive especially the lightweight ply and sink unit. we were gonna sell them but would have had to price them at £800+ did look nice tho.
I think £800+ would have been a tall order albeit looks very nice and compact. I like the fact you could ground dump it too.

Decided to take a look at my rear tailgate Nissan Badge with a view of removing it. Does anyone know if this badge is just stuck on or stuck on and has 2 x bolts which you access from inside the rear panel thus 2 holes in the tailgate once removed???

Cheers.

Decided to take a look at my rear tailgate Nissan Badge with a view of removing it. Does anyone know if this badge is just stuck on or stuck on and has 2 x bolts which you access from inside the rear panel thus 2 holes in the tailgate once removed???

Cheers.

Its stuck on @Brendan1969 as I have removed the Nissan badge off my White Elgrand. Only problem you have to watch which has happened to mine is it looks like the Nissan Badge has eaten into the paintwork slightly, maybe mines been sprayed in the past! Does look good though without the badge! :)

I think £800+ would have been a tall order albeit looks very nice and compact. I like the fact you could ground dump it too.
i thought it was too much money as well but materials were over £500 if I remember and took two of us a couple of days. Everyone who saw it thought it looked great with its hardwood top. Plus with the lightweight ply, although very expensive, ment one person could lift it. As said you could ground dump it in the awning or leave it in the garage while not in use. But yeah a bit steep.

Its stuck on @Brendan1969 as I have removed the Nissan badge off my White Elgrand. Only problem you have to watch which has happened to mine is it looks like the Nissan Badge has eaten into the paintwork slightly, maybe mines been sprayed in the past! Does look good though without the badge! :)
Cheers matey.

Back