• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had some more time this afternoon so did the drivers side wishbone & balljoint (old balljoint was very, very bad :eek: ), then pumped out and refilled the PAS fluid - nice quiet PAS pump now :)

Getting my van MOT ready over the past couple days. After 4 months of not running because finances were so tight, I've finally bought an alternator, fitted it and jetwashed it ready for underseal. Today I got some wheels and legal tires from @RobP which I'll be refurbishing come spring or summertime, but for now I'll rock the battered look through the shit weather. Tomorrow hopefully it won't rain and I'll do the underseal and get the horn working then she's MOT ready!

Fitted a new front pollen filter due to odd smells in the cabin after using the blowers! lol
Think it did need changing!

filter.jpg

As @Phil mentioned we look forward to the results and! I did a 60km trip and by the end mine was reading 8.7km/l pretty good I think considering it was reset due to the battery being disconnected :), I was driving it like a grandma though! lol

Wishing you a safe trip :)

Hi guys, We are back. Well, all I can say is she drove PERFECT and lovely and smooth. Weather both ways up and down was great. Dry and sunny albeit cold but great. Traffic was rubbish pretty much both ways albeit better back down TBH.

My new Cruise control kit was FANTASTIC. Deffo well worth buying and importing the correct OEM kit it has to be said. Worked awesome.

I do drive my vehicles nice and gently so no ragging was done at all. Just sensible speeds averaging ( traffic permitting ) between 56 mph - 70 mph but mostly average of 65 mph.

So how did she perform MPG wise??

I had a full to the brim tank when we left Swindon so taking in to consideration all the crappy stop start traffic, the M5 and the M6 ( Northbound trip ) she used just under half a tank according to the guage and returned on average driving up 9.3 KM/L = around 26 MPG at a steady 65 MPH.

When I got to our destination I re-filled the tank with normal unleaded ( Sainsbury finest ) and squeezed in £37 to the brim and then parked her up at the hotel where she stayed until this morning untouched.

Today we set off in lovely dry sunny weather albeit traffic was not that much better all the way down again and I was averaging again between 56-70 mph but mostly when clear was 65 mph and the very best I got was 10.2 KM/L = around 28.5 MPG which I thought was brilliant and again I used just under half a tank again.

My total KM's travelled round trip was 525.6 KM's which I think equates to 326.59 miles total travelled round trip. She did not miss a beat all the way there and back and even though I have modded my rear zorst box for a sports one she sounded lovely and did NOT drone to the point where it annoyed you.

So I am very happy with the results and the MPG figures achieved. I reckon if the traffic would have been a lot clearer and the motorway surfaces smoother and no speed interuptions she maybe would have done a tad better MPG wise but not by much. I personally think these vehicles could well achieve 30 plus MPG and I found mine loved cruising along happily with no trouble or struggle at 65 mph.

My tire pressures were set to 35 psi all round and they felt fine and took the crappy UK road surfaces well.

Now I am back to normal stop start short trips for a while until our next long trip ( long for us anyway ) so I fully expect those figures to fall back down to around the usual high 7 low 8 KM/L area or less but for such a big bus which is well known for its poor MPG return I think mine did rather well couple with her subtle mods

1. K&N panel air filter
2. Rear cats de-cored
3. Big centre standard exhaust silencer box replaced for SS sports type
4. Full service with new spark plugs

There was only one thing I did not like about the entire weekend trip and that was I NEVER saw another Elgrand anywhere:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Did my own underseal on the van today ready for its MOT on Tuesday. Tomorrow night I'll be clearing all the shit out of the back as for the months it was sat it became a £2.5k shed for tools. The front wheelarches, sills and underside are nice and black now. Pending results of the MOT will see if I end up undersealing the rear as well. To my eye, it's not rusted, just slightly corroded but it's cold, late and I couldn't be bothered to do the rest right now. :p

Can you spot which sidelight I’ve changed to led??? Yes I did buy a pair but the second one I dropped as well as a 10mm socket as I had to remove the air filter just to change a frigging bulb....there both at the bottom on the lower splash guard where I can’t get to them without removing the splash guard and I don’t have a ramp to put it on... so I’m gonna have a beer and watch the football on the picture box...

Today I gave my old rider a good wash, swapped a wheel over and changed the engine oil, put in 10/40 instead of 5/30 hoping it would cure my knocking big end.
It started first time and sounded great till the oil warmed up then knock knock knock knock.
So I made a brew and a roll up and sat thinking how good she looked, then had a little cry.

Can you spot which sidelight I’ve changed to led??? Yes I did buy a pair but the second one I dropped as well as a 10mm socket as I had to remove the air filter just to change a frigging bulb....there both at the bottom on the lower splash guard where I can’t get to them without removing the splash guard and I don’t have a ramp to put it on... so I’m gonna have a beer and watch the football on the picture box...

I feel your pain - I 'stored' 2 long 3/8" drive extensions at the bottom of the rad for 5 months before I was able to safely get them out last year...Lesson was, don't rest things by the rad cap : unamused:

Put a full set of blue interior led's in today and look cool. Got them from Elgrand oc store and bloody hell they were delivered and fitted within 36 hours. Also fitted fm expander, goodbye radio 2

Back